Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Applying for her masters

ugh, sorry about the "tiger" part....lol..

But very cool on the rest!!! congrats~
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    ugh, sorry about the "tiger" part....lol..

But very cool on the rest!!! congrats~
    Yeah, there's very little downside to free tuition AND stipend to boot to get an expensive education these days.

Congrats to your family!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 deweydw's Avatar
    vCash

After talking with the proffessor at LSU yesterday, my daughter received an e mail with the paper work for her to sign. She printed them out, signed and put it in the mail back to LSU. So it is now official, she is a Tiger.

I did read the offer and depending on how she does her first year as student and TA, it could extend into the next year. I think she has to maintian above a 3.0 or 3.5 gpa, among other things. But I'm sure she can get it done.
    "Destiny dressed you this morning, my friend. And now fear is trying to pull off your pants." "If you give up, If you give in. Then you're going to end up naked, with fear just standing there laughing at your dang unmetionables." - The Tick

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by deweydw View Post
    Update on my daughter's, Elizabeth, masters degree in Fine Arts and Print Making. She had sent out applications to 7 universities back in November. About two and half weeks ago she received a call from LSU. They made her an offer over the phone. It includes tuition free and a $6,300 stipend among a few other things. LSU will send her the paperwork in the mail. Which would take about two weeks. Then a week after that, she received a letter of acceptance from Alabama. But Alabama could not garuantee anything.

As of today, 2/24, she had not received the paperwork from LSU. So she called them this morning. They told her it was at the printers and should have it in a few days. The prof she was talking to let it slip that my daughter was their top recruit. Then she corrected herself and restated one of the top recruits. Sounds interesting... Anyway, Elizabeth told the prof this morning that she was accepting LSU's offer. And she is currently in the proccess of writing e mails to the other universities to withdrawl her applications. And another e mail declining Alabama.

So looks like for now, my daughter will be a Tiger for the next three years.
    It is always funny how weird college acceptance/financial aid is. One of my oddities is the University of Florida - my application to them was rejected for both undergrad and graduate school (even though I was accepted at Yale, but balked at the cost). For undergrad, my best financial offer was to the University of Texas, but I just couldn't do it.

vCash

i earned a masters in handys

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 deweydw's Avatar
    vCash

Got her moved in to her apartment on the LSU campus this past Friday. Not without a few things going wrong though. The apartment is probably as old as the school. The walls are brick and the ceiling is concrete. So I don't think she will be bothered by any noise from the neighbors. It's also located across the street from the stadium. So Saturdays will be fun.

But there was a smell of corn dogs in the air.

The trip there went well. I rented a cargo van, which was the cheapest route. After we unloaded her car, we went for some lunch. Had not unloaded the van yet. Didn't get very far when her car started overheating. The thermostat housing broke, it's plastic. (it's a Chevy ) Luckily for us some friends of ours daughter will be a freshman at LSU. And they were still in town. So that was a big help. Plus my duaghter will have someone she knows there. Went and got the part and some tools to replace the broken part. But the tool I forgot was some vise grips to remove the hoses. But there happened to be a campus cop in the parking lot. And retieved on for me. Once I got the part in and hoses clamped, I gave him the tool back and he left. Should have had him stick around. Because when I intalled the part is broke. Back to the autoparts store for another part. Plus the tool I needed. After a 5 hr delay working on the car, got back to the apartment and unloaded the van. Finished up about 8 p.m.. That's when the pizza showed up.

My daughter is a Tiger now. That night they had the stadium lit up with purple and yellow. Actually looked kinda cool.
    "Destiny dressed you this morning, my friend. And now fear is trying to pull off your pants." "If you give up, If you give in. Then you're going to end up naked, with fear just standing there laughing at your dang unmetionables." - The Tick