Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hope and Pray

vCash

I hope and Pray

Bob dont bend to the Fans WILL and start BB. Hes a great Kid and has done a Lot for this Program But come on the Kid just aint got it !

He's been here 3 years and They decided TK was better? Come on think about it, What does that Tell you?
    I've posted his stats so ya should be able to figure it out .TK is OUR future. If Kendal doesn't return .
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: I hope and Pray

Our offense was SO effed up on all kinds of levels, I don't know what could help it. I'm still not at all impressed with our play calling, and whose ever decision it is to play Clay over Finch, Ford and Ross.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

If TK is our future, we are not in the best position. He had 7 quarters to show himself.

vCash

I think I WANT Bell to start against Tulsa, and to pass quite a bit, to see if he can succeed in that part of the game.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    If TK is our future, we are not in the best position. He had 7 quarters to show himself.
    Six. Nonetheless...

Jason White's first seven (real) quarters:

(1-3) 38 net rushing yards on 12 attempts, 16/23 (good) for 108 yards (bad, but 0 INTs) in a nailbiter that was quite literally won by the defense.
    (4-7) 117 on 12 attempts, 18/29 for 151, 2 INTs (and 4 TDs) in a fits-and-starts eventual blowout of a low-caliber opponent.

Granted, TK didn't exactly debut against Texas, and WV probably isn't even as good as 2001 Kansas. (OTOH he also has a relatively less-developed unit around him.) But can we please stop crapping the bed for a minute? We all got so spoiled from Sam Bradford and apparently so forgetful about Landry's debut year that we've lost perspective on QB development at the moment.
    Last edited by PhilTLL; 9/8/2013 at 02:42 AM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Sober up Vet.
    posse member

Administrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!:3919364
    Our offense was SO effed up on all kinds of levels, I don't know what could help it. I'm still not at all impressed with our play calling, and whose ever decision it is to play Clay over Finch, Ford and Ross.
    I still don't understand your issue with Clay, but he ran his *** off tonight, for close to 200 yards. Not sure what else you want from the guy.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerLB's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    I still don't understand your issue with Clay, but he ran his *** off tonight, for close to 200 yards. Not sure what else you want from the guy.
    BINGO! I agree 8time, he had a hell of a game!
    I'm no rocket surgeon, but . . . I am a member of the OLEVET POSSE!

"I'm too busy to help out right now....I'm trying to train a lizard to jump through hoops." - StoopTroup

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    I thik Bell deserbes at least ONE stsrt to see IF he can get the job done.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PhilTLL View Post
    Six. Nonetheless...

Jason White's first seven (real) quarters:

(1-3) 38 net rushing yards on 12 attempts, 16/23 (good) for 108 yards (bad, but 0 INTs) in a nailbiter that was quite literally won by the defense.
    (4-7) 117 on 12 attempts, 18/29 for 151, 2 INTs (and 4 TDs) in a fits-and-starts eventual blowout of a low-caliber opponent.

Granted, TK didn't exactly debut against Texas, and WV probably isn't even as good as 2001 Kansas. (OTOH he also has a relatively less-developed unit around him.) But can we please stop crapping the bed for a minute? We all got so spoiled from Sam Bradford and apparently so forgetful about Landry's debut year that we've lost perspective on QB development at the moment.
    Sooner fans have never been good at perspective and have very short memories. Sam spoiled us rotten.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    I would say our offense is "effed up" on one level: the passing game. I'll take rushing for 300 yards a game. You can develop a QB a hell of a lot easier than you can develop an entire running game. The protection is fine and the passes are there. Bell, Knight, or whoever just needs to deliver the ball.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

If we truly do have a legit defense and the coaches really believe the young man, TK, has all the tools to be a good one, then giving him some more game snaps would seem to be in the teams long term best interest before throwing in the towel.

Ready for Baseball Season tulsaoilerfan's Avatar
    vCash

I think at this point you almost have to give Bell a start to see what he can do

SoonerFans.com Elite Member achiro's Avatar
    vCash

I don't know who the starter should or will be, I figure the coaches will make that decision, but to say BB doesn't have it based on the plays he's run so far is just stupid.
    I would agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tulsaoilerfan View Post
    I think at this point you almost have to give Bell a start to see what he can do
    +1. If the competition over the off season was so close that they came down to the last week to decide, then yeah, see if Bell is a gamer, or if his maturity is enough to keep his performance as steady under the lights as it is in practice.

I think this also opens the door for KT to get back. Really a shame he had the injury and the timing. Looks like he might have come out of the off season with the job otherwise.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    vCash

If he does start BB I think it will only be because Bob thinks that's the most sure way of winning the game.

Knight may have the ability, but he's got to find a way to be the man during a game. I'm NOT comparing him to Chris Sims, but that was a situation where a kid allegedly had loads of promise, but it never showed up on gameday. Don't want Knight to suffer a similar fate.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 MyT Oklahoma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    I don't know who the starter should or will be, I figure the coaches will make that decision, but to say BB doesn't have it based on the plays he's run so far is just stupid.
    Ditto. And I hope our coaching staff figures it all out some time this week.
    OU 20 UT 36 "It is what it is." Mack Brown 10/12/13

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ruf/Nek7's Avatar
    vCash

How much longer is KT out? I feel like he was going to win the QB race until he was injured. Surely he can throw better than TK.
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

Illegitimi non carborundum

vCash

Some just dont have it in game situations......They cant translate what they do in practice to the field on gameday....Bell deserves the next start.....
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 AzianSooner's Avatar
    vCash

If it is my decision, I will stick with TK and make him great. This decision will help him to get more confidence together with more experience and preparation.