SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

RIVER MONSTERS which one is your fave?

I guess i'm sorta partial to the Goliath Tigerfish that J. Wade caught on the Congo river. Very cool and scary looking animal. I like that 160 lb Goonch catfish he got in India, too. Lots of amazing critters in the rivers.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Re: RIVER MONSTERS which one is your fave?

pics?
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerAtKU's Avatar
    vCash

A guy I work with fished the Essequibo in Guyana last year, so that's probably my favorite just because I've seen the pics and heard the stories. That place is probably more dangerous out of the water than in it. Just a terrible situation.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Has he ever gone Alligator Gar fishing around these parts? I know there used to be some back in the swamps over toward Ketchum at the South end of Grand Lake that had heads on them about the size of a pony's head.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Has he ever gone Alligator Gar fishing around these parts? I know there used to be some back in the swamps over toward Ketchum at the South end of Grand Lake that had heads on them about the size of a pony's head.
    One of Wade's shows was in the Sabine River in Texas. he caught one while fishing with a local guide that was pretty big, but nowhere near a record. If I remember right, it was under 100 lbs. Still, an impressive catch. On his shows, he has caught all the big targets I can think of, such as Taimen in Mongolia, noodled for big Flatheads, Nile Perch, huge Wels catfish in Spain and in russia at Chernobyl, Arapaima(his favorite) in Brazil and in Bolivia, Electric Eels, and lots of other exotic critters.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerAtKU's Avatar
    vCash

That's a good question, I don't really know. He's actually in Manila for three weeks, so I'll have to check when he gets back.

vCash

He's looking for crabs there.

vCash

Holy smokes, he got to fish an off-limits area below a big dam on a river in Uruguay for outsized Golden Dorado, and the show tonight showed him catching one over 40 pounds. What a great catch! I am envious of that one probably over all the others I've seen on his show.