SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Anybody watch new show-The Americans?

It is set in suburban D.C. area and is about KGB deep cover spies in the 80's .They have a counter-intelligence agent and his family move in next door.Benn pretty intresting for the most part.Last week the agents were hauled in and tortured by their handlers because they MIGHT be disloyal. At that point I head straight to Langley,spill my guts get rich and relocate.Guessing that won't happen here otherwise it will be a really short-run series. Did I mention John boy has resurfaced as counter spy executive? Guess the newspaper business got too boring .
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Anybody watch new show-The Americans?

One of the better original shows on TV right now, I'd say. Intriguing concept and they have a good cast too.

vCash

I've seen a few episodes, and Keri Russell still makes it move a little just being on screen.
    he likes the fight in this post. he likes the resolve.

he'll take this post around and post it on any sucker's message board that's beat him 5 years in a row.

he learned stuff today.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tator View Post
    I've seen a few episodes, and Keri Russell still makes it move a little just being on screen.
    Indeed...she's holding up quite well.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

I've watched it from the get-go.

Keri is still nice on the eyes.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

I watched the pilot and liked it. A good friend of mine works in the Art Dept on it and her husband is constantly pimping the show via email and Fb. Almost so much that I haven't bothered watching it again.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

It is as good as Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead. Makes me think our covert agencies need to be raising some children who speak fluent Chinese . . .

vCash

I got season 1 on DVD, and have now watched the first 3 episodes. It's good, but it still doesn't make me very sympathetic toward the Russians. I'll write another post after a few more episodes, most probably. I assume some of you have been watching all along, til the end of season 3 a month or 2 ago.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

I have 2 more episodes to go in season 1. Keri(Elizabeth) is plenty hawt, but not sympathetic at all. Too bad for her and the hardcore Rooskis that they don't appreciate the USA like they should. Oh well, it's a very good show. Annet Mahendru is smokin! I haven't decided which side she will eventually fall on. (She doesn't yet know that Stan killed Vlad)
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Just finished episode 2 of Season 2. What makes no sense, and shines a feeble light on the show is that Martha, married to Phillip(Clark) and a lover of sex, hasn't discovered that her "husband" is wearing a toupee.