Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    vCash

Re: The Dead will Walk again-stsrting tommorrow

I guess hoping that they cross some river and discover the bunch that has been holding out at a cheerleading camp is wasted effort.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Solid episode to build to what had better be one heck of a season finale. RIP Merle, you had a great run and went down fighting. Great final scene for Daryl to find Walker Merle, and well acted by Norman Reedus and Michael Rooker. Just adds another person to the list that wants the Governor's head (Daryl, Glen, Maggie, Michonne, Andrea).

Can't wait for next Sunday to get here.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Pricetag's Avatar
    vCash

Merle was great this week. From his reckless attempt to deliver Michonne to his reckless (but brilliant) attack on the Woodbury folks, he was coming around. I hope that Daryl was able to deduce what had happened there, so he can go out with the kudos he deserved.

I had to rewind and watch the scene where Daryl discovers Merle again. The close up of walker Merle's eyes was brilliant, and Daryl's reaction was perfect. I was scared for a second that he was going to let himself get killed. I also hope that he doesn't want The Govenor so badly that he gets himself killed this week.

I love it that the son of the one d-bag with Tyrese's group walked in front of the bullet meant for The Governor. I can't wait to see that guy die.

Is the season finale going to run longer? I don't know how they're going to fit everything into an hour.
    La ola es mía.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Tulsa_Fireman's Avatar
    vCash

Money says the fight with the Governor runs into next season. There's no way in hell they can tie up all these plot threads in an hour.
    People don't know what it is to be a champion.

Oklahoma INVENTED it.

Administrator
    vCash

I'm convinced (based on what they showed in the previews) that they abandon the prison, and the Woodbury army shows up too late. Since they can't just leave the whole Woodbury story unfinished, they'll circle back around for a final battle.

The way the director put together the Merle death was amazing. The view of him looking up with zombie eyes was perfect.

The best thing about the episode was Ben's death. Did his dad die too? That would be perfect.

vCash

Allen is Ben's dad...the d-bag is still alive. In the preview shown on Talking Dead, he's the one reaching over to slide the door open. Hope they have one of Morgan's grenades booby-trapped to that door!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouwasp View Post
    Hope they have one of Morgan's grenades booby-trapped to that door!
    Wouldn't it be awesome if they rigged up the prison "Home Alone - Style"? "Keep the change, ya filthy animal"

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

I like how this new voting schtick will probably lead to more infighting between the group..lots of possibilities of season 4.

I have a feeling something bad is going to happen in the herchel-glenn-Maggie group in the finale.
    Bazinga

vCash

yeah, the newlywed/fiance thing seems like a bad sign

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash
    The zombies giveth and they taketh away.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

SoonerFans.com Elite Member achiro's Avatar
    vCash

Watched the talking dead this morning and noticed that Ben is the body that Merle is munching on.
    I would agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

vCash

I'd give the finale a "C." I expected better.

I've never watched "Mad Men," but it must be one hell of a show for them to have devoted so much of this hour to commercials for it and other AMC shows. Seriously, was it just me, or were there more commercials than any other episode?

I'm sure the comics folks are howling over the conclusion of the Woodbury arc. I don't personally think they could have done it the same way, but it was a such a huge difference.

I totally bought all the Woodbury folks chickening out once the fur started flying. I totally bought The Governor going off and killing all of them. Allen was a weenie right up to the end, wasn't he? Just stood there and got shot.

Carl taking out the surrenduring kid was probably the best part. He reminded me a lot of Shane, doing something that was wrong before, for a logically-sound reason. He and Rick are pretty far apart right now. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

The Milton and Andrea thing was kinda cool. Way too much talking and not enough plier-retrieving went on after he was stabbed, though. Her death didn't move me the way the producers probably expected. Merle's death was far more moving.

I wonder when we'll see The Governor again? He was so crazy mad, I can't believe they didn't head back to the prison, even though there were just three of them. They still had the grenade launcher thingy.
    La ola es mía.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash
    Good episode, terrible finale.

Season long buildup and Rick and the governor don't even really see each other? Governor not in the last third of the episode? Saw this somewhere else, but at least just show the governor watching with binoculars at the end or something.

Glad Andrea is dead though.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.
    Posted from iOS app

SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    vCash

The bit about the Gov mowing down everyone while no one fired back was quite a stretch. My wife (who barely watches) also pointed out the Gov then drove off, leaving all those people's weapons behind. And, where did he go? Where, except Woodbury would he have gone off to? The mall?

Now I guess there will be a bunch of new characters to kill off, though.

If there were a competition with Breaking Bad for the quality of their finale's, Walking Dead didn't compete well.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

I enjoyed the question posed on Talking Dead, about the old Woodbury people dying in their sleep and waking up in the middle of the night as zombies. Perhaps at Woodbury they made the oldies sleep in a locked room? Would be easy enough to segregate them at night in the prison but the show probably doesn't address that issue.

vCash

I've always thought that after everything they've all been through since the apocalypse, I'd be sleeping in a locked cell every night.
    La ola es mía.

vCash

I too was hoping for more from the finale. I thought the first 1/3 of the show was pretty great. Showing the governor from the POV of Milton, then him leaving Milton in their to turn and kill Andrea. The anticipation of the Woodbury crew rolling up to the prison and if they had or had not abandoned the prison.

I thought they would have lured more walkers into the prison to ambush the Woodbury folks. I thought it was great for the Governor's character to kill off all of those that fled the prison. Leads me to believe he will go out on the road to recruit a crew that is capable of coming back to challenge the group at the Prison. Thinking that is why he kept those 2 guys alive. I'm sure they'll show the Governor as some sort of tease to ramp up excitement for season 4.

Glad the Andrea storyline is over, there really wasn't anything more for her character after this season anyways. Thought she had a good send off from the show.

Still really wishing someone would put Carl in his place. Little punk needs a wake up call. Wished that runaway he shot had actually attacked him but then Herschel or the girl shoot him.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KABOOKIE's Avatar
    vCash

Carl did the right thing. You don't trust someone who just rolled into your camp and would have smiled while standing over your dead body. When they said drop your gun, the kid leaned forward and said here little boy take it. Yeah that's just asking for said punk to grab your gun and use you as a human shield.

Also, Andrea must be the only person who can commit suicide with a revolver and have the shell casing ping-ping-ping on the ground as it ejected...

vCash

Yeah, the kid should have dropped the gun like Hershel ordered him to. There was definitely enough moral wiggle room for Carl not to be a monster for doing it. He sure wanted to be back where the action was, though.

Heh, I noticed the sound of the shell, too. I thought Rick had given her the Python, but then questioned it after hearing the sound.
    La ola es mía.