Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Re: The Dead will Walk again-stsrting tommorrow

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Okay, I feel like the show is at a crossroads of sorts, and that's not a good thing. I think it could very easily become boring from this point on. I hope that isn't the case, but I feel like they're playing the governor thing too slow. I think the whole Andrea incident (at the end of the last episode) was just weird. I also don't like the young kid and his dad (part of the group that came to the prison when Rick freaked out and told said to leave). The kid was so quick to offer up his services in the Woodbury army. Just seemed dumb. Hopefully, things pick up.
    Agree with all of this...After reading AMC had put the clamp down on the WD production spending, it all makes sense..In the meantime, it's kind of dragging..I saw this because I watched the 1st and 2nd seasons up to the middle of the 3rd one after another on netflix then DVR for the 3rd..

Also, everytime Andrea appears on the screen, everyone watching has to yell "Shoot her!" at our house.
    Bazinga

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

I particularly enjoyed the Merle's speech to Herschel about what the Governor would do once he captured them all. Very chilling.

Next best was Carol telling Andrea how to kill the Governor. Will Andrea do it?

And where do you get those zombie sticks, the ones that are like something you would use to pick up a very big snake?
    Last edited by Jacie; 3/1/2013 at 10:53 AM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member achiro's Avatar
    vCash

Egg sell ant episode last night. Lots of great moments.
    I would agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Egg sell ant episode last night. Lots of great moments.
    Really? I was thinking more along the lines of "filler".

vCash

I enjoyed last night's episode also..Even though it was filler, it answered a question that was on about everyone who watches mind.
    Bazinga

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Pricetag's Avatar
    vCash

I knew this would be a "love it or hate it" episode, since it didn't do much to advance the Woodbury plot line.

I loved it. I knew it was Morgan before he appeared, but it was still a thrill to see him again. They did a great job of giving no hint that we'd be seeing him before last night.

I thought the way they handled him was a perfect way to pull Rick out of full-blown craziness. I loved the scene where he was basically arguing with himself when he was trying to convince Morgan to come along. I loved that the fact that Morgan was too far gone. Rick needed to know that, although it is very likely that everyone living in those times has wondered past the previously defined limits of sanity, there is still cuckoo, even there.

I loved the explanation of Duane's fate. They never explained it in the comics, and the fact that it was his own mother who got him was so tragic for all of them. Any parent would blame themselves if something happened to their child, but the fact that Morgan could have ended the threat so long before, or that Duane could have done it himself, but that neither could, makes it so much more heart wrenching for them. It also demonstrates a difference between the worst case scenario and where Rick and Carl are.

"Talking Dead" was great last night, too. They wondered if, after seeing everything they did in town, and realizing the danger of pushing everyone away, if maybe they would have picked up the back packer on the way back. That decision was made for them, though. I loved how they backed up to pick up that pack.
    La ola es mía.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

One thing I thought about last nite's episode is that Morgan is a genius as well as crazy. The whole passive traps and barriers to kill walkers makes so much more sense than having to fence or block them,then actively close in and kill them with clubs or sabbing weapons or worse shoot them. When you go hand to hand to kill with clubs or by stabbing you risk getting bitten,scratched or outright killed. If you use a gun,you use up ammo,could miss and endanger yourself, and of course the gunfire attracts more zombies.

I say go back to you prison fort,set up punji stakes through the outer fence fire off some guns(in essence ring the dinner bell),.I would supplement with as many other booby traps as the group could think of,and in this instance I'm thinking Merle's twisted brain would come in handy

Of course I guess the first priority iis the Governor and his mob BUT passive defenses would help against them too, after all the VC used a lot of punji stakes on our boys.

You would also think they could have liberated some claymores from an army base,National Guard or Army Reserve Depot.Barring that,what about IED's?
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    vCash

Yeah, I guess it was a pretty good way to bring Rick back from the brink of nutzoid land. It also seems to have got Carl and Ninja-girl a little more normal.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Great episode last night. Maybe one of the best of the entire series. I don't think they could have picked a better actor for the part of Morgan. That guy is greatness.

I think with the return of Morgan, its going to be the wake up call Rick needs to bring him back from his spell of craziness. I think Rick saw what could become of himself if he doesn't pull things together and that he, unlike Morgan still has people to fight for and look after in his son and infant daughter. Morgan really is in his own personal Hell at this point and is too far gone with absolutely no one left in his life. He just feels it's his duty for the rest of his days to kill every zombie that comes across his outpost.

While I wish Morgan would have gone back with Rick to the group, I get why he won't. I hope this isn't the last we've seen of Morgan, but I fear it may be.

Glad Michonne kind of put that little punk Carl in his place at that diner full of walkers too. Great moment for her character.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member achiro's Avatar
    vCash

IMO, not a filler but a side storyline.
    Gave us some closure on Morgan(may see him again but even if we don't we're good)
    Pulled Rick from full blown cray
    Rick saw Carl in a different light
    A very much needed Rick and Michonne bond starting. (They are very close in a, "I've got your back" kind of way in the books)
    I would agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

I think Morgan was not crazy, he was right. We're all screwed and it's just a matter of time.

No one trusts anyone anymore. Rick's group could have accepted the people they just turned out and then there was the hitchhiker. All that happens is the number of people continues to decline as losses mount. They are in a fight that will probably cost them more if not wipe em out. There is no hope.

Administrator
    vCash

Loved the episode, and it was just what was needed to bring back the interest (for me anyway).

Morgan's conversation with Rick was one of the best pieces of acting I've seen in a long time. I love how they gave you a glimpse of his craziness (with the traps, writing on the walls, etc.), then made you understand that he wasn't necessarily crazy, just alone and in a way torturing himself for not taking out his wife when he had the chance. I could have watched 2 more hours of Rick and Morgan.

Michonne finally showed a little bit of a human side. I actually started to like her after that episode, and she may have earned her place long term (in Rick's mind).

Good episode.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    I think Morgan was not crazy, he was right. We're all screwed and it's just a matter of time.

No one trusts anyone anymore. Rick's group could have accepted the people they just turned out and then there was the hitchhiker. All that happens is the number of people continues to decline as losses mount. They are in a fight that will probably cost them more if not wipe em out. There is no hope.
    Yep, I have to agree here. I take back calling Morgan cuckoo. I think what he has become is what anyone would become alone, and a perfect illustration of why that isn't the way to go. He might have helped Michonne as much as he helped Rick.
    La ola es mía.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouleaf View Post
    I don't think they could have picked a better actor for the part of Morgan. That guy is greatness.
    Yep, Lennie James is awesome. I loved him as Robert Hawkins in "Jericho." When he showed up in season one, even though I sat alone in the living room watching the show, I had to give out an audible, "YES!"
    La ola es mía.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

Anyone know the songs played at the end of the last two episodes? Chilling endings. I think it's Bob Dylan? Anyway, I've heard a lot of people grumbling about the recent trend of the show. While it may not have a bunch of killing and action, it's extremely interesting and allows some characters (Michonne) to develop and plot lines to unfold (Rick's craziness). I am really excited to see how Merle being back among Rick and company is going to unfold.
    Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain, tho' your dreams be tossed and blown, walk on.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Anyone know the songs played at the end of the last two episodes? Chilling endings. I think it's Bob Dylan? Anyway, I've heard a lot of people grumbling about the recent trend of the show. While it may not have a bunch of killing and action, it's extremely interesting and allows some characters (Michonne) to develop and plot lines to unfold (Rick's craziness). I am really excited to see how Merle being back among Rick and company is going to unfold.
    I think the song at the end of the previous episode (with Beth singing it at first) is by Tom Waits - "Hold On."
    None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TitoMorelli View Post
    I think the song at the end of the previous episode (with Beth singing it at first) is by Tom Waits - "Hold On."
    That's it, thanks!
    Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain, tho' your dreams be tossed and blown, walk on.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Since a war between Rick's crew and Woodbury is inevitable,I think they need to attack Woodbury first.The first raid proved Woodbury's people are not adept in combat and with Merele on their side posessing intimate knowledge of Woodbury weapons,defenses and personnel attacking makes sense.From a military history standpoint amaller forces fare better in attack mode rather than in static defense. Defemding the prison would be tough for such a small group,even with passive defnses(i.e. booby traps,i.e.d.s).
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

vCash

If the governor kills Andrea, I am on his side.
    Bazinga

vCash

I was mad for a second at Andrea for leaving with the Woodbury folks again, but she has to for the prison folks to have a chance. The Woodbury group has to fracture from within, and only Andrea can cause that. Her getting together with Tyrese will be their doom. If it goes like the preview shows, I can't believe that The Governor wasn't smart enough to keep her away from them.

I had to laugh at Hershel driving to the meeting. I loved it when Daryl called the one guy a *********.
    La ola es mía.