Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Re: The Dead will Walk again-stsrting tommorrow

What zombies eat, remember Herschel was tossing live chickens into his private zombie zoo and zombies attacked Darryl's freshly killed deer in Season 1 so pretty much any fresh meat will do for a zombie. However, it does not appear that they starve to death (tough to do when you are already dead) quickly since they are always running into zombies that have been confined (a year of TWD time has passed I think). Obviously, if your metabolism does not have to deal with those pesky body functions like keeping you warm, breathing and oxygen exchange, a whole host of enzyme and chemical reactions or any kind of exercise then a little nourishment must go a lo-o-o-o-ong way.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouleaf View Post
    Rick has gone bye-bye. He's obviously a broken man and not thinking rationally. It will be interesting to see if anyone steps up to challenge him. Was nice to see Glenn yell at him, and I really think it's going to be a good season for his character.

I'm sure this isn't the last we've seen of Daryl and Merle with the group. They may go off for awhile, but I think they'll somehow find there way back to them.

Will be interesting to see where Andrea's loyalties are now. I doubt the Governor will let her go to the prison, so it'd have to be on her to somehow sneak her way over there I'm guessing.
    No way Darryl is gone, he is too important to the fanbase.

I'm not sure Andrea had a lot of loyalty to the group on the first place, she was always a sort of Shane knock-off.
    he likes the fight in this post. he likes the resolve.

he'll take this post around and post it on any sucker's message board that's beat him 5 years in a row.

he learned stuff today.

Administrator
    vCash

I really hope the season doesn't end up as predictable as it appears it will be. Daryl comes back just as the gov'ner has Rick and the gang dead to rights, and saves them. Thus allowing Merle back into the group. Andrea takes over as the new leader of Woodbury.

I hope that's not how it works out.

Did I mention that Rick has lost his ****?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member achiro's Avatar
    vCash

Last nights episode was stupid! Worst one of the entire series. I hate when shows/movies add additional drama by having the characters make decisions that real people wouldn't. The Andrea crap in particular. Rick making Michonne leave and losing his **** was stupid as well. I really wish they would have stayed a little closer to the comics storyline, it is so much better.
    I would agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Last nights episode was stupid! Worst one of the entire series. I hate when shows/movies add additional drama by having the characters make decisions that real people wouldn't. The Andrea crap in particular. Rick making Michonne leave and losing his **** was stupid as well. I really wish they would have stayed a little closer to the comics storyline, it is so much better.
    I thought it was an okay episode, but I'm with you for the most part. I'm not a fan of the whole crazy Rick thing. I get that the world is not normal, and he went through some pretty crazy stuff, but on one hand, you have Carl, who pulled the trigger, and he seems to be getting by fine. Then you have Rick seeing some vision of his dead wife, that really doesn't make much sense to me.

I think they could have spent the entire episode focusing on the showdown between Rick and the governor. All the added stuff was kind of dumb.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerinabilene View Post
    Yeah, he something about France was the CDC center that lasted the longest.
    Not to mention common sense would indicate the zombie plague is worlwide.If only the US were affected there would have been some type of UN response.If the major consumer base that is America would suddenly vanish it would cause huge worldwide ripples. At the very least Canada would investigate the loss of TV and radio traffic,meanwhile illegals would be pouring acrodss our southern borders.Z Plague infected people undoutedly were on international flights when tis all started. In fact it could have started overseas and been spread to US.I just cannot imagine a scenario in which the ZPlague is only an American or even North American issue.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoopified View Post
    Not to mention common sense would indicate the zombie plague is worlwide.If only the US were affected there would have been some type of UN response.If the major consumer base that is America would suddenly vanish it would cause huge worldwide ripples. At the very least Canada would investigate the loss of TV and radio traffic,meanwhile illegals would be pouring acrodss our southern borders.Z Plague infected people undoutedly were on international flights when tis all started. In fact it could have started overseas and been spread to US.I just cannot imagine a scenario in which the ZPlague is only an American or even North American issue.
    Wait just a damn minute...

If the plague is airborne, and encompassing North America, I don't think any country or organization would take the chance of entering the area. Maybe they would do some planning, in an effort to irradiate the virus from a distance, but I don't think they would rush in to save survivors.

So, in my theory, it's still possible that other countries haven't been affected. Although, in The Walking Dead, soonerinabilene is right, the CDC guy did mention that it was worldwide.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    vCash

The whole thing is probably all just one of Bob Newhart's dreams.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cleller View Post
    The whole thing is probably all just one of Bob Newhart's dreams.
    I'm pretty convinced that the last issue/episode will be Rick waking up in the hospital out of the coma(gun shot from first episode) with his family standing around him and it will have all been a coma dream.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Tulsa_Fireman's Avatar
    vCash

Bobby Ewing exits the shower.
    People don't know what it is to be a champion.

Oklahoma INVENTED it.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I'm pretty convinced that the last issue/episode will be Rick waking up in the hospital out of the coma(gun shot from first episode) with his family standing around him and it will have all been a coma dream.
    I'd be okay with that... but TWD Fanboys would go ballistic! BTW, one of the previews shows Andrea walking up to the prison with a zombie on a "leash", kinda like Michonne did to ward off the walkers. So, in some upcoming episode she does touch base with her original group.

vCash

God I hope not....such a cop out ending.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

I just started watching during christmas break on netflix and am now officially caught up..

I'll be honest..I don't like the way the series is going.. First 2 seasons were pretty good..i couldn't imagine going through season 2 in real time without netflix and dealing with the search for Sophia...good tv.
    Bazinga

I thought that was how LOST was going to end. Some kid waking up, saying "Man that was one crazy stupid dream."
    Quote Originally Posted by OU4LIFE View Post

I'm almost positive i'm not gay, and I'm 100% not a poke fan.

vCash

I guess some of yall have run across websites of the hardcore fans. I understand that there are comic books or something that the whole series is based on, and seems to follow.
    Didn't want to get in too deep on it, but these comic-readers seem to have insight about what happens next.

Its getting to the point (for me) that the deaths of many more of the long-term characters would lessen my interest in the show.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cleller View Post
    I guess some of yall have run across websites of the hardcore fans. I understand that there are comic books or something that the whole series is based on, and seems to follow.
    Didn't want to get in too deep on it, but these comic-readers seem to have insight about what happens next.

Its getting to the point (for me) that the deaths of many more of the long-term characters would lessen my interest in the show.
    This is the only place I ever discuss it. After last season when it ended with some badass chick with swords standing over Andrea I had to find out more and didn't want to wait on the next season to start. I ended up reading the series through comiXology.com and was surprised how much I enjoyed them. Anyway back to your topic, the tv series has gotten so far away from the original storyline that nobody knows exactly what is going to happen next. I will say this though, don't get to attached to anyone in the books but I think the tv show hangs on to fan favorites because of popularity and ratings.

vCash

Anyway back to your topic, the tv series has gotten so far away from the original storyline that nobody knows exactly what is going to happen next. I will say this though, don't get to attached to anyone in the books but I think the tv show hangs on to fan favorites because of popularity and ratings.
    I know that killing folks are is part of the plot, and makes sense, but I'm one of the ones who'd howl if the core group gets chewed down. The last two eps had been a little slow and talky until the big shoot em up.
    That was interesting, too. First shot: bullseye. Next 500 rounds: couldn't hit a thing.

vCash

Yeah, felt kind of like a filler episode until the Governor and his crew showed up at the Prison. Glad Daryl made his way back and Merle followed. Maybe now that he helped save Rick, Rick will realize he needs Merle to help fight and for info on the Governor and Woodbury. Just don't see how the group can stay at the prison much longer unless they get a lot more help to defend it and fortify it to make it more secure.

Administrator
    vCash

Okay, I feel like the show is at a crossroads of sorts, and that's not a good thing. I think it could very easily become boring from this point on. I hope that isn't the case, but I feel like they're playing the governor thing too slow. I think the whole Andrea incident (at the end of the last episode) was just weird. I also don't like the young kid and his dad (part of the group that came to the prison when Rick freaked out and told said to leave). The kid was so quick to offer up his services in the Woodbury army. Just seemed dumb. Hopefully, things pick up.

vCash

I think the pace of the show is still fine....anything is better after the farm.