Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: The Dead will Walk again-stsrting tommorrow

Maybe it is just me but so far I haven't been all that thrilled with the last couple of episodes,hope it picks up soon. I'm almost as bored as when the search for Sofia dragged on and on.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

I have mixed thoughts on the last two episodes. From a "survival" point of view, it's probably good to see the toll it takes on people to be on 24x7 alert and without regular supplies of food/water/shelter etc., however from an action standpoint, pretty damn boring stuff.

Looks like they're about to get kicked out of any lethargy they are experiencing based on the previews.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Pricetag's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BetterSoonerThanLater View Post
    My wife was telling me about something from the comics regarding a group called the whisper people..or something like that. anyone read the novels, that knows more about that?
    Comics spoilers coming.

The Whisperers are the current probable nemesis group for Rick's group in the comics. They are humans who dress as walkers (they wear masks of walker flesh) and move with the herds. They form almost a symbiotic relationship with them, using them for protection, and attacking unsuspecting humans that they come across with weapons. They whisper to one another to communicate so that the real walkers don't detect them.

When they first appear, the reader doesn't know that they aren't walkers, so the walkers appear to have "evolved," and the folks who encounter and tell others about them appear to be insane.

The show has a ways to go to get to them, another couple of seasons, probably.
    La ola es mía.

vCash

I'm not sure what make of these latest development, this new group seeking them out to join them. None of that lot seems "walker savvy" at all. Hard to believe they survived even behind those walls.

Rick's group is going to eat them for breakfast if they continue to screw around with them and act like badasses..

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

where did the young girl go to? I'm thinking her mom or parents are walkers and tied up, but she can't come to kill them....
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Didn't think of her having someone who turned that's she's visiting. One thing's for sure she is one of those things that is not like the others. Maybe she's doing some intel for another group who covets that place?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

So did the girl swipe the blender gun? Or might it be one of the guys Deanna exiled? Did somebody indeed plant a zombie as a booby-trap for the blender gun?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
    Didn't think of her having someone who turned that's she's visiting. One thing's for sure she is one of those things that is not like the others. Maybe she's doing some intel for another group who covets that place?
    ah true...I only started watching, son has watched and basically gave me the cliff notes..lol. I've seen some in the past. This utopia is strange indeed. I really like Revolution and Under the Dome but neither made it...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Another point of interest is, who was looking out of the house close to the gate when they 1st went inside the compound? When Carl looked back you see a head quickly disappear. Another group sizing the place up for drapes?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Can't figure out how this group has survived the zombie world,even with their walled compoubd.They seem either cavalier or naïve about just what a threat the walkers really are. Can't figure out they can keep their people fed and safe based on what I have seen. They seem to be a group of sheep with no sheepdog and a bunch of wolves ( both walker and human ) just outside the walls.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

vCash

I'm wondering if the old congresswoman made a "deal with a devil" and is now looking for some hard cases like Rick's group to bail them out.

vCash

I'm not sure I would want Carol telling me any bed time stories. That kid isn't going to be right after that little tale.

It's looking like the group is too feral to be part of a "civilized" community, still covering all their bases, making bugout plans etc. gotta wondering what's in store these last last episodes for everyone. That compound is just too big of a target.

vCash

Did anyone else want to smack Sasha upside the head for wasting bullets shooting the pictures? I can understand why she wouldn't want those faces staring back at her, but come on. There are a number of ways to get rid of them that don't involve wasting precious ammo.

I've gotten a kick out of watching Carol playing soccer mom these past couple of episodes. I understand that she had to make sure the kid didn't talk, but that was rough. My wife doesn't usually watch the show, but she did last night. I think she hates Carol now.

Conflict is definitely brewing between Rick and Jessie's husband. It will be interesting to see how it goes, with the husband being the doctor for the settlement. Rick was creepy as hell kinda going for his hidden gun when they passed by at the end, and then going to the wall looking all crazy.
    La ola es mía.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pricetag View Post
    Did anyone else want to smack Sasha upside the head for wasting bullets shooting the pictures? I can understand why she wouldn't want those faces staring back at her, but come on. There are a number of ways to get rid of them that don't involve wasting precious ammo.
    Yes. It's things like that make me say, "Oh, this show isn't real!" I can believe there are zombies, but why would anyone waste a resource like that?! lol

vCash

Heh, okay, I might have been over analyzing there, especially given this show's history with gun play. I'll never forget Hershel firing off his shotgun like 50 times during the fight at the farm.
    La ola es mía.

vCash

They aren't scavenging too hard for ammo with the supplies it looks like this new place has. Granted, ammo has to be in treated as a commodity not easily replaced. I wonder if they have an ability to reload ammo in this new place?

They certainly seemed to have a lot of booze on hand.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pricetag View Post
    Heh, okay, I might have been over analyzing there, especially given this show's history with gun play. I'll never forget Hershel firing off his shotgun like 50 times during the fight at the farm.
    I was not making fun of that thought. I was serious. Those sort of "that wouldn't happen" moments make me realize that this is make believe more than the zombies do. It is just so out of character for that character to waste a resource.

vCash

I didn't think Carol could get any more badass.

I was wrong!

vCash

She's playing it perfectly. Rick, on the other hand, is losing his mind again. I wonder if they're incahoots, and playing "good cop, bad cop" with those folks?

It was Nicholas who found Rick's stashed gun, huh? I was hoping he'd pull it there at the end and get his.

I can't wait to see who/what Daryl and Aaron are tracking out there. I bet they show up and demonstrate just why Alexandria needs Rick and the gang.
    La ola es mía.

vCash

Welp, the Season 5 finale is upon us...a 90 minute long one at that.

I'd like to see a hopeful ending to a season rather than a cliffhanger. But, I wouldn't make a very good TV exec; I like to see bad guys die too quickly. Hope Team Rick comes through okay, including Tara. Don't care about any of the Alexandria folks...well, Aaron seems okay, and Enid does too. But I'm suspicious she might be a mole for another group.