Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Re: How can we STOP ABORTIONS?

Quote Originally Posted by Skysooner View Post
    Abortion is really what? I am all for it. Screw all the "life at conception" arguments. It is not my first choice. I prefer adoption, but it isn't always feasible mentally for many. You guys love protecting unborn cells and don't want to help stop harm to the truly living.
    Perhaps the loss of respect for what you call "the truly living" can be found in the coarsening of society's attitude toward the value of all life starting with unborn babies.

Hell, it isn't useful for anything so just let it die or, better yet, kill it.

MSNBC had a segment on the Rachel Maddow show last night listing all of the threats to abortion rights. The biggest threat is from a new legal tactic by the states that forces abortion clinics to abide by the same standards as other clinics and free standing hospitals that perform surgical/medical procedures. It is very expensive to do this and all of the abortion clinics are whining and complaining about it.

Another state action they viewed as outrageous was outlawing abortions after 20 weeks. Is that really something abortion supporters want to defend...elective abortions on fetuses after 20 weeks?

vCash

well, you wouldn't want to infringe on that poor woman's rights

vCash

So this is all about Females rights ?
    What if the baby they wanting to Kill is a Female?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Those may be facts and states of being, but they don't objectively mean a life, which is worthy enough of protection that we would use government power to restrain her reproductive choices. You state that you are approaching this argument armed with facts when clearly, the most important part of your argument is just your opinion.
    No, by every acceptable definition of life the parameters I listed qualify as life. It is opinion to contend it doesn't qualify as HUMAN life and therefore is not worthy of the protection society affords human life. Do we need to repeat the discussion about where a human fetus compares in value to other forms of non-human life and the protection we afford to that part of our living creatures? I sincerely thought you would want to avoid that discussion.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Another state action they viewed as outrageous was outlawing abortions after 20 weeks. Is that really something abortion supporters want to defend...elective abortions on fetuses after 20 weeks?
    It took the wingnuts awhile to get around to reading PP v. Casey, but 20 weeks really isn't arguable for a point of viability since the world record is 21 weeks.

And of course, if the law doesn't carve out an exception for the health of the mother, it'll be toast.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Funny you mention that because the feminists and other human rights organizations were all outraged at the sex-selective abortions going on in China under their one child policy. Female fetuses were being aborted in disproprtionately high numbers to the point that today China has a huge demographic problem with not enough women to match up to the number of men in their society.

But, there is silence from these same organizations if the abortion devestation is non-sexist.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I've decided to reverse my field. Go ahead and pass whatever laws you feel necessary.

It'll be quite ironic if, just as we legalize pot, we create a huge market for unregulated RU-486.

Of course the better off will simply catch a flight to Europe, or Canada, or Japan, check into a private clinic and be back at work on Monday.

You really can't legislate moral choices.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    I've decided to reverse my field. Go ahead and pass whatever laws you feel necessary.

It'll be quite ironic if, just as we legalize pot, we create a huge market for unregulated RU-486.

Of course the better off will simply catch a flight to Europe, or Canada, or Japan, check into a private clinic and be back at work on Monday.

You really can't legislate moral choices.
    I'm betting a lot of people will do a better job of making sure they are contraceptived-up before engaging in indoor sports. I will say I do think some parents who think littel Suzy will never engage in that type of activity and that it is an insult and sin to consider protecting against it need a rap on the head. But quite honestly, a lot of the girls I see who end up as single parents come from parents where they aren't against birth control for their minor children....they just don't care to go to the trouble to educate them and provide it. In a lot of cases they actually overtly or subliminally encourage getting pregnant.(When I was a resident I had a 15 year old girl in the adolescent clinic at OU present with the complaint that she wanted an infertility workup because she hadn't gotten pregnant like most of her friends at school. She was brought by her mother. I directed her to the social worker and gave 4 months of free OCP's after the apporpriate assessment)

But of course the later group doesn't usually figure into the abortion discussion.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 2/1/2013 at 03:16 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    If she's not a person, how could she be a female?
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    If she's not a person, how could she be a female?
    Excellent point. It is just an "i"t.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Excellent point. It is just an "i"t.
    If it's not a person, why kill it at all? (Everybody knows human females can't give birth to a non-human-type-thingy
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.