Drunky Town Limnologist Fraggle145's Avatar
    vCash

Re: How can we STOP ABORTIONS?

Quote Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    Other parameters...
    Growth yep
    Needs nutrition - yep from mother
    Respiratory - yep from mother

So out of the five we have only stimulus being in question....

And if stimulus is a question why do we struggle over unplugging someone who is brain dead or comatose and does not respond to outside stimulus?
    Right, but not all dividing cells need nutrition or respiration from mother. What about bacteria or some other organism resulting from external fertilization. They need other elements from the outside world, but so do inorganic crystals in order to grow and reproduce. Just because something grows, reproduces, or needs elements to grow still doesnt make it alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by yermom
    your puny brain can't understand the awesomeness of God
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

vCash

We are having a discussion, So hell no, I dont think you are being a shill.
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggle145 View Post
    Right, but not all dividing cells need nutrition or respiration from mother. What about bacteria or some other organism resulting from external fertilization. They need other elements from the outside world, but so do inorganic crystals in order to grow and reproduce. Just because something grows, reproduces, or needs elements to grow still doesnt make it alive.
    Bacteria are considered to be alive...viruses are not..

vCash

We are having a discussion, So hell no, I dont think you are being a shill.

My discussion is about over...nearly nap time for this old cud....besides, I stirred the pot enough...

vCash

Bacteria are considered to be alive...viruses are not..
    Right, but what I was trying to illustrate, perhaps poorly, is that cells dont necessarily need a provider of resources (in the case you presented from mom) in order to divide. And then that just because a something is dividing (reproducing/growing) and obtaining resources from an outside source doesnt make it alive (e.g., the crystals).
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

vCash

My discussion is about over...nearly nap time for this old cud....besides, I stirred the pot enough...
    Yeah I gotta get back to work... :/
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

Administrator
    vCash

OK. I'll end the thread. I have the only sure-fire, 100% successful way to stop abortions:

Blow jobs. Texas birth control. Swallowing.

The End.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Go **** yourself.
    Are ya in need of another wedgie?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

The pubs need to talk about abortion now in the early runup to the mid-terms. But you won't hear much about it near the elections, especially in the blue states where they have real fights on their hands. I think it's safe to bet the GOP is done with making anti-abortion rights nothing more than an issue to which they bow when addressing other conservatives. Outside of secure red states, it's too costly in terms of women's votes; the majority of Americans do not support state regulation women's abortion rights based on religious convictions.
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

No this isnt necessarily true. We combine sea urchin sperm and eggs in intro zoology labs across the country all the time. The cells divide in the petri dish. Same with a lot of in vitro stuff with humans. Just because something has the ability to replicate itself doesnt make it alive. Look at the formation of crystals. They self-replicate, are they alive?
    When is the last time any of those cells produced in a zoology lab developed into a Mozart of Stephen Hawking?

Abortion ends human life and all the potential it represents.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    When is the last time any of those cells produced in a zoology lab developed into a Mozart of Stephen Hawking?

Abortion ends human life and all the potential it represents.
    I dont know how many people born as a result of in vitro fertilization techniques went on to be amazing in their chosen profession. All I know is that for every IVF baby other zygotes are produced that arent necessarily successful. Are all of those the start of human lives? potentially? were all the zygotes that were produced and then discarded during and after the production of said successful IVF child murdered? That was the only point I was making was that just because cells can divide doesnt mean they are necessarily alive.
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    WHAT! You're against life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.
    I dont know how many people born as a result of in vitro fertilization techniques went on to be amazing in their chosen profession. All I know is that for every IVF baby other zygotes are produced that arent necessarily successful. Are all of those the start of human lives? potentially? were all the zygotes that were produced and then discarded during and after the production of said successful IVF child murdered? That was the only point I was making was that just because cells can divide doesnt mean they are necessarily alive.
    I'm really not sure what point you are trying to make except comparing an early human fetus to other lower forms of life whch is exactly the weak arguememt pro-abortion advocates always fall back on. Their arguement is that the human fetus is no different than bacteria, sea urchin zygotes or maggots.

I think that ignores everything that sets humans apart from other forms of life and the attempt to make an equivalency argument ignores the incredible potential represented by the human reproductive process.

Arguing about culling embryos after invitro fertilization doesn't change that fact.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 1/26/2013 at 07:21 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Earth is billions of years old. 3.5 billion years. This is observable through dating, geology and what have you.

Kind of like how the Sun doesn't revolve around the Earth and if you try to sail from one end of the world to the other, you won't sail off the edge.

I'm only talking circles because I'm having to explain to you what science is and you're apparently not smart enough to grasp it.

Go read books.
    OK, this made me laugh!
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    the idea is to prevent it from implanting. at least if we are going to argue, know the facts that can be verified.

the morning after pill is basically letting you catch up like you have been taking the regular pill, from what i can tell.

i think equating it to abortion is likely the work of the people that are against birth control in the first place.
    You are comfortable with abortion by pill, rather than coat hanger and cherry bomb, or a 9mm round, or surgical methods, yet still should recognize that it is abortion at that point, and no longer contraception.

The person taking the morning after pill should have used birth control, rather than nonchalantly plugging a life after it has started. But, it's legal, so what the hey!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member XingTheRubicon's Avatar
    vCash

You gotta be f*cking kidding me...

MSNBC Host: ‘I Thank God and Country…Abortion Was There to Save Me’

During MSNBC’s “The Cycle” on Friday, co-host Toure celebrated the 40th anniversary of the landmark Roe v. Wade decision to legalize abortion by telling the story of when he and an old girlfriend decided to have an abortion 15 years ago.

“In some ways that choice saved my life,” Toure said.

He said he was extremely thankful abortion was an option because wasn’t ready to be a dad and going through with the pregnancy would have just made “a mess of three lives” because she “wasn’t the one.”

“I thank God and country that when I fell into a bad situation, abortion was there to save me and keep me on a path toward building a strong family I have now. And I pray that safety net stays in place,” Toure said.

Being able to choose to have an abortion makes for a “stronger America,” he concluded.

HFS.

link and video here http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...re-to-save-me/

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    God can't be proven with logic. bringing God into a science/logic discussion is silly.

when life begins is more about semantics and philosophy than science.

personally, i'm somewhat offended that you anti-science shills have co-opted this discussion to insert some middle-ages religion into it.
    You have resorted to the stupid card, I guess because you won't accept that a zygote growing in a woman/girl is alive? The question is how can abortion be stopped. Of course, we don't expect it can, but some folks should be reminded from time to time that it IS murder, FWIW.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooneriniowa View Post
    Oh I read plenty of books, some with pictures even..so life is not observable or testable? Yet inanimate objects are. We can come to conclusions using similiar methods that the earth is billions of years old but not when life begins.
    Oh Jesus you are such a dumbass.

I'm glad you read books with pictures in them. I'll betcha read this one regularly:

You totally misunderstand. I am not saying that my answers are 100% correct, I'm saying they are very likely because they are backed by testable, real science. I still think it's possible, though unlikely that mankind was engineered by aliens or by a supreme being of some sort and the planet was created by a construction crew, complete with a falsified fossil record, and if someone ever found evidence to back that up, I'd quickly change my tune. That said, the current state of the evidence doesn't support that sort of an explanation.

I'm talking about conclusions which come from evidence and you are talking about concluding something and then going out and searching for any evidence which might support your conclusions.

vCash

It is not loaded...science says dividing cells are alive...
    The cells are alive, but is it "a life"?

That's where philosophy enters into the equation.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooneriniowa View Post
    So explain to me why someone would say that God doesn't exist if Science can't explain it? Also explain why someone would say Life cant be determined since science can't explain it.
    Believe in God and you are an idiot...Don't believe that Science is always true and you are an idiot.. Dude....everyone that has posted on this topic is an idiot...prove me otherwise...or neg spek me again..Thanks Fraggle.
    No one said science can't explain God, it's just that science doesn't currently have an explanation for God. If you can come up with a testable, demonstrable test for God, then science will look at that like anything else, dude.

Believe in God and you have faith. Faith is the belief in something without the requirement for proof thereof. No one here is denigrating faith, but I sure as hell will denigrate anyone who is going to lord their faith as being objective reality which they can use to strip others of their rights. That's effed up Taliban thinking right there.