Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roy Finch

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Roy Finch

Anyone?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...1888/roy-finch

Do the coaches allow this talent to waste away on the bench again next year, or does he transfer? He never redshirted, so he can still transfer, sit, and have a year to play.

Cannot believe he only had seven rushes all season...five against Florida A&M.

Crazy.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Re: Roy Finch

Seems to be happening a lot these days.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

I can only assume it's because the coaches felt he didn't contribute to keeping Landry upright. I think Landry's lack of mobility created ripple effects on the offense. With a presumably more mobile QB next year I hope see some other personnel changes.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    I can only assume it's because the coaches felt he didn't contribute to keeping Landry upright. I think Landry's lack of mobility created ripple effects on the offense. With a presumably more mobile QB next year I hope see some other personnel changes.
    Finch's blocking (lack there of) was definitely a factor to lack of playing time, IMO. He gave up 7 points in Stillwater last year.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Jeez, I can't believe RF only had 7 touches this year. I actually thought he was a SR. this year. I had hoped we'd see him along with J. Saunders back for KO returns and see something creative like a double reverse. I don't know why I thought that, since outside of the Belldozer formation, there's been very little in the creative category from our coaching staff in a while.

I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

If you don't see him in the first game, look for him to transfer.
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I'd take Ross over Finch.

Sooner Starter Since71ASooner4Life's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    totally agree. Not bashing Landry as he was a great passer, but his lack of mobility probably wasn't recognized enough by fans for limitations it placed on us - especially 3rd & long.

I keep banging on the coaches for continually running that stupid belldozer play, but maybe Landry not being a running threat with the short field was hurting the passing game also by allowing LBs to help more in pass coverage? It seemed so obvious that play was crap against good defenses, but maybe our coaches had other reasons for over using it than just believing it would work consistently. I cant really remember if Landry had much passing success from inside the 10 Yard Line prior to that belldozer play being used all the time
    Last edited by Since71ASooner4Life; 1/7/2013 at 10:45 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

Well, rumor has it the reason his play was cut was because he hates schmitty.

He and scmitty apparently go round and round.

Some here don't want to recognize it, but Schmitty needs to go. Past players cannot stand the guy....and he has too much clout when determining starters and contributors.

Quote Originally Posted by bornnbredou View Post

and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

Skip Bayless, is that you?

vCash

I totally agree about schmitty...I think its time for a change
    Tony Jefferson is the future

vCash

Dusty and Teddy adamantly disagree. As do Rocky Calmus, Roy Williams, Adrian Peterson and DeMarco Murray. I'll take those guys' word and Schmidt's 3 MNC rings over a couple of guys who don't like to work out.
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

Thank gawd Dusty likes Schmitty. He is certainly someone who should be judging character within the program.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hvhurricane View Post
    Thank gawd Dusty likes Schmitty. He is certainly someone who should be judging character within the program.
    I don't think he's judging character he's judging how effective he is as a S&C coach.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

he doesn't play because we have better backs in front of him.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

I always felt that Finch provided an adrenaline rush to the offense with some spectacular runs his first year. Does anyone really think Joe Washington would have been a superior pass rush blocker?
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Administrator
    vCash

The only explanation we ever heard from an official source was that Roy didn't put in the work to see the field more (that came from Coach Norvell).

If that's the case (and I can't imagine Norvell making that up), then I am perfectly fine with the decision to limit his plays. Even if he's the most talented guy on the team, I'd rather have hard workers on the field.

If Roy wants it bad enough, he'll put in the work necessary to see the field next year. If not, then he won't. It's pretty simple.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    I always felt that Finch provided an adrenaline rush to the offense with some spectacular runs his first year. Does anyone really think Joe Washington would have been a superior pass rush blocker?
    He didn't need to be since we were running the wishbone.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Little Joe was a tremendous blocker.

Ready for Baseball Season tulsaoilerfan's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    The only explanation we ever heard from an official source was that Roy didn't put in the work to see the field more (that came from Coach Norvell).

If that's the case (and I can't imagine Norvell making that up), then I am perfectly fine with the decision to limit his plays. Even if he's the most talented guy on the team, I'd rather have hard workers on the field.

If Roy wants it bad enough, he'll put in the work necessary to see the field next year. If not, then he won't. It's pretty simple.
    i think we have players that don't work hard enough in games also

vCash

Anybody here think Roy Finch would even be on the practice squad if he wasn't putting in the work for Nick Saban? Finch is a good kid, but if he's not getting it done, he's right where he belongs... on special teams and on the bench.