Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Jones was a absolute stat monster, but just didn't have that IT factor. I am glad the

Jones era is over. Despite the absolutely insane career passing stats, and all the career Big 12 conference passing records Jones hold; we have 3 games this year where we failed to score 20 points, and 2 of those games were at home. 19 points at home vs K. St, and only 13 points at home against Notre Dame, only 13 points against A+M.

In this day, and age in college football you just cann't have a QB who has ZERO mobility. I am so excited for the Bell era to start next year. Bell is going to be a absolute nightmare for defenses to handle, and will make us FAR more efficient in the red zone.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mac94's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Jones was a absolute stat monster, but just didn't have that IT factor. I am glad

Is Bell pretty much lock to be the starter next year or will someone puch him this spring and summer? We've seen alot of Bell in the "Belldozer" packages but how is he in the standard offensive packages? How has he looked in past springs in the regular offense?
    Gig 'Em and God Bless

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CatfishSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Jones was a absolute stat monster, but just didn't have that IT factor. I am glad

I'm glad Laundry's movin on too, but I'm nervous I may regret thinkin that next season...
    Wakey Wakey Eggs & Bakey...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mac94 View Post
    Is Bell pretty much lock to be the starter next year or will someone puch him this spring and summer? We've seen alot of Bell in the "Belldozer" packages but how is he in the standard offensive packages? How has he looked in past springs in the regular offense?
    No, he is not a lock at all.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Agree. I'm glad the Landry days are over, but not because of the possibility of Bell taking over or anything Landry has or hasn't done, but if it will bring a complete change in our offensive philosophy, which is offensive especially when you have to throw the ball on 2nd and 2 or 3rd and 2 to get a 1st down, or run the ball twice on 2nd and 2 (or even go to 4th down) when you can get 2 yards in 2 tries. Just pitiful. I also hope we'll put that straight up the middle hand-off from the 1 back set when everyone on the defense and the fans watching know it's coming, in the team dumpster for good, especially if our OL line next year isn't that good at run blocking.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BudSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ashley View Post
    No, he is not a lock at all.
    He does have the edge with actual game experience, and the loyalty Bob will probably show him because of his success in scoring.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

Jones will be missed.

You cannot reasonably place all the short comings of the offense on one player. Be it a QB, WR, OL, or RB.

At some point you have to acknowledge the game plan and in game adjustments are just terrible.

Last night, Jones drives the offense down the field, only to be taken out for the Belldozer package. We settle for a FG.

Jones again drives the field. This time hebarely over throws Millard. OU settles for a FG.

Then we come out in the second half running the same plays over and over.

Jones as the QB can only do so much. Its also up to the coaches to put in place a game plan to succeed. They didn t do that last night offensively or defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by bornnbredou View Post

and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

Skip Bayless, is that you?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member XingTheRubicon's Avatar
    vCash

I know this may sound crazy, but I'm glad Jason is moving on. I know, I know, 2 ACL's and still coming back and 2 perfect regular seasons...but, hurt or not, he just didn't have "it." Paul Thompson will allow Chuck to open up the playbook and we will be unstoppable. Plain and simple.

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

vCash

whether or not you think he was good, LJ is better than whoever we will trot out there next year. That's not to say the next QB won't be good in two years or so but we'll without a doubt miss LJ next year and I'm not even a big fan of his.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

...shouldn't be too difficult to find someone to throw 5 to 10yd passes

SS

vCash

When LJ was on, he was as good as anybody. But I'm not going to miss the guaranteed brain fart every game or knowing that we just weren't going to win it all as long as he was our QB.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I can't blame Jones for last night... he had a couple of bad throws but that's about it. There were a few dropped passes and some passes in to very, very tight coverage. The ground game could never take off and only a few runs greater than 10 yards...

The three 3 and outs in the third quarter killed us... no momentum, no rhythm and no points. Lousy play calls, lousy execution, combination of it all... definitely wasn't our night.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

LJ couldn't/didn't audible hardly any all season...had the smarts to do it, too.
    The Belldozer really frustrated me the last three games of the season. EVERY
    person in the stadium (in all three) knew what was coming..stack 8-9 in the box
    and Bell would run right into it...every freakin time...got to the point that any time
    he came out I was screaming "NO" at the screen. If he starts next year, when we
    see Rip and Millard in the backfield at the same time, then it is reasonable to assume
    what's coming. What I'd like to see is Rip at FB and Millard at TB and student body
    left/right with Bell as a blocker...Millard could put up some BIG numbers. Jus sayin..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by XingTheRubicon;3573741I know this may sound crazy, but I'm glad Jason is moving on. I know, I know, 2 ACL's and still coming back and 2 perfect regular seasons...but, hurt or not, he just didn't have "it." Paul Thompson will allow Chuck to open up the playbook and we will be unstoppable. Plain and simple.
    who said that?!?!?!?

vCash

Jones was way to low key. I don't ever recall seeing him on the sideline trying to get the team fired up.
    It's just entertainment!
    Lost in Mexifornia (Irvine, CA)

“We’re the dark matter. We’re the force that orders the universe but can’t be seen,” - JSOC Navy SEAL
    The US Navy might introduce the GAU-19 to the Iranian Navy speed boats, like a shot across the bow.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU_Sooners75 View Post
    Jones will be missed.

You cannot reasonably place all the short comings of the offense on one player. Be it a QB, WR, OL, or RB.

At some point you have to acknowledge the game plan and in game adjustments are just terrible.

Last night, Jones drives the offense down the field, only to be taken out for the Belldozer package. We settle for a FG.

Jones again drives the field. This time hebarely over throws Millard. OU settles for a FG.

Then we come out in the second half running the same plays over and over.

Jones as the QB can only do so much. Its also up to the coaches to put in place a game plan to succeed. They didn t do that last night offensively or defensively.
    Nice post

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Thompson View Post
    Jones was way to low key. I don't ever recall seeing him on the sideline trying to get the team fired up.
    Yet....many times after he would toss an INT or our Offense went 3 and out, no matter what quarter, he would march out onto the field with a cool head and run the plays he was given....and many times pulled off a win.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Last night would have been more fun had the coaching staff prepared a game plan for both halves . . .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soonercastor View Post
    whether or not you think he was good, LJ is better than whoever we will trot out there next year. That's not to say the next QB won't be good in two years or so but we'll without a doubt miss LJ next year and I'm not even a big fan of his.

I use to feel just like this. But this year I watched the pukes pull a new qb out of the air every week and do pretty well. I just watched a 19 year old punk troll run all over us.
    I think LJ throws an amazing pass at least a couple of times a game but
    The things that you count on a experienced qb for is not LJ's strong
    Suit. ( leader, pressure, decision making)
    Posted from iOS app

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

LJ was a really good QB but I am ready for the next chapter..