Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonermagik's Avatar
    vCash

Retiring my account on here....

Well.. the time has come. Oh.. I'm sure some of you will doubt me, some will be apathetic to my departure and some will post the Well Bye... pics. It's been a fun ride, but it's over for me. I'm moving on from college football and I'm not leaving bitter just disappointed. I just wish people here would honestly examine what Stoops has done on big stages, but most won't. I will be cursed for calling a spade a spade and I'm fine with that. The last time coach Stoops and his staff have won a big bowl game (National Title win against FSU) was when JNCO jeans were trendy, I was at prom and was prior to the world trade center attack... let that sink in. He and his staff have lost every single big bowl match-up: USC, Florida, West Virginia, LSU, Boise State, Texas A&M etc.. lost them all. Ask yourself this.. when was the last big bowl game this guy won a big bowl game? 13 years ago is the only answer.

Bob Stoops is complacent and will hang is hat on a good season and winning the Big 12 again. Heck, they might give him another raise for co-winning the big 12. I will save you the money and hassle... Stoops will continue to win between 9-11 games and dropping big bowl games and his cheerleaders will point to his big 12 titles to make themselves feel better. He's not leaving, he built that castle in Norman and has a massive check coming in. Just win the games he's supposed to in the Big 12 and he can keep his brother, his best friend staff and appoint former players to positions they have no business in. You can say I'm bailing on the team or whatever, but things won't change until Stoops and his staff leaves. The bowl track record speaks for itself and validates my position. It's just not fun anymore and that's why I became a fan. I've made a commitment to several people that I would step away and I have vowed not to watched any more OU games in 2013. Please know I've been a loyal fan for years, but the time to support the same ole routine for the last decade plus is getting old.

In closing, thanks to everyone on here who here who was cool to me. I will miss the foul humor and lame jokes. I guess I will have more time for working out, traveling, new hobbies etc... I'm moving on and respectfully ask that the mods delete my account. They can also feel free to block my IP so I can't start a new acct .. an addict doesn't need a crack pipe near his bed.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SOONER44EVER's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Retiring my account on here....

So you're leaving the board because Stoops sucks? sad.
    THANK GOD I'M A SOONER!

Administrator
    vCash

Hate to see ya go Magik....even if we didn't agree about everything, we don't delete accounts, but we can make sure you can't use it again. But, you might have a second thought after things cool off, and you may want to come back and have some fart humor with us.

As always, this feeling will go away, just takes time.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonermagik View Post
    Well.. the time has come. Oh.. I'm sure some of you will doubt me, some will be apathetic to my departure and some will post the Well Bye... pics. It's been a fun ride, but it's over for me. I'm moving on from college football and I'm not leaving bitter just disappointed. I just wish people here would honestly examine what Stoops has done on big stages, but most won't. I will be cursed for calling a spade a spade and I'm fine with that. The last time coach Stoops and his staff have won a big bowl game (National Title win against FSU) was when JNCO jeans were trendy, I was at prom and was prior to the world trade center attack... let that sink in. He and his staff have lost every single big bowl match-up: USC, Florida, West Virginia, LSU, Boise State, Texas A&M etc.. lost them all. Ask yourself this.. when was the last big bowl game this guy won a big bowl game? 13 years ago is the only answer.

Bob Stoops is complacent and will hang is hat on a good season and winning the Big 12 again. Heck, they might give him another raise for co-winning the big 12. I will save you the money and hassle... Stoops will continue to win between 9-11 games and dropping big bowl games and his cheerleaders will point to his big 12 titles to make themselves feel better. He's not leaving, he built that castle in Norman and has a massive check coming in. Just win the games he's supposed to in the Big 12 and he can keep his brother, his best friend staff and appoint former players to positions they have no business in. You can say I'm bailing on the team or whatever, but things won't change until Stoops and his staff leaves. The bowl track record speaks for itself and validates my position. It's just not fun anymore and that's why I became a fan. I've made a commitment to several people that I would step away and I have vowed not to watched any more OU games in 2013. Please know I've been a loyal fan for years, but the time to support the same ole routine for the last decade plus is getting old.

In closing, thanks to everyone on here who here who was cool to me. I will miss the foul humor and lame jokes. I guess I will have more time for working out, traveling, new hobbies etc... I'm moving on and respectfully ask that the mods delete my account. They can also feel free to block my IP so I can't start a new acct .. an addict doesn't need a crack pipe near his bed.
    Take care Magik. I hope you spend the extra time enjoying life. I've cut back a few times and come back. I think sometimes...absence make the heart grow fonder. If you decide to never come back...it's cool. Sometimes a reset is needed too.

God Bless and take care.

ST

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SCOUT's Avatar
    vCash

I thought Helander was no longer with us?

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Ah c'mon, I'm one of the biggest critics out there, but Sooner football is just too much fun overall and at the same time so un-important in the grand scheme of things to leave over the losses. Trends come and go. CFB is very competitive and hopefully Stoops will adjust. All that said: FIRE MACK BROWN. His incompetency is holding us back.
    I set my DVR to record "The Biggest Loser" and now it records the Longhorn Network all day.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Does this mean someone moves off the Wait List and gets their butts in a seat every week?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by winout View Post
    Ah c'mon, I'm one of the biggest critics out there, but Sooner football is just too much fun overall and at the same time so un-important in the grand scheme of things to leave over the losses. Trends come and go. CFB is very competitive and hopefully Stoops will adjust. All that said: FIRE MACK BROWN. His incompetency is holding us back.
    Agree with all of this but one add on...Fire Bob Stoops.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I think I'll be moving on with you. I've been sports fan all my life and I used to follow whatever was in season. NFL, NBA, NHL, March madness and of course, college football. Over the years, I've slowly stop following sports by giving up one at time. I'm now left with just CFB and a little bit of NFL come playoff time. And each time I give up a sport, I gain back time to do other things in my life and it's been positive. I only follow CFB because of OU, but I need to follow the whole sport to understand how my team fits into the big picture. OU is not very exciting anymore and does not appear that it will be in the near future. Hard to think of giving it up since it gets so ingrained from being a student in the 70's during the Switzer era. But dang, I have a lot of other things to do on Saturdays. I wish everyone well - especially all those that gave me spek every once in a while (and p*ss on those that negged me. LOL). I could well come back renewed next fall as hope springs eternal, but I really hope I don't so as to get more hours of my life back (what's left of it).

vCash

Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
    President & CEO
    GrayBox Services Ltd. &
    eState Auction House Ltd.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 MyT Oklahoma's Avatar
    vCash

Sorry to see you go but take care.
    OU 20 UT 36 "It is what it is." Mack Brown 10/12/13

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SCOUT's Avatar
    vCash

There you go. Thanks Vet!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash
    Well, Bye.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.
    Posted from iOS app

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by colleyvillesooner View Post
    Well, Bye.
    Yes. Serious Vag showing here. Suck it up fellas.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

He and his staff have lost every single big bowl match-up: USC, Florida, West Virginia, LSU, Boise State, Texas A&M etc.. lost them all. Ask yourself this.. when was the last big bowl game this guy won a big bowl game? 13 years ago is the only answer.
    I wouldn't include Boise State and West Virginia. If I did, I'd have to include the W over UConn. With your logic, the only big games are the game's he's lost. Besides, this year should be no surprise. I earned my red by telling people this years squad would be good, but not great. I predicted 3-4 losses, so they were on the better side of my prediction. Hell, people flamed the crap out if me, but who cares? Many people here are overly passionate and can't stand to hear anything derogatory, even if its the truth. Many of them will say they're "done" with OU after a tough season, but guess what? They're right back where they started from next season. I wouldn't leave the site. This is a good place to vent. Or better yet, to read the pumper's version of what happened after a loss. It's comical, at the least.
    OU fan since '88. Pissing off the Sunshine Pumpers since I've been on this site.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Tulsa_Fireman's Avatar
    vCash

Are you taking your ball, too?

Because we're still playing.
    People don't know what it is to be a champion.

Oklahoma INVENTED it.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerLB's Avatar
    vCash

Anti-depressants could be in order, just sayin' . . . . .
    I'm no rocket surgeon, but . . . I am a member of the OLEVET POSSE!

"I'm too busy to help out right now....I'm trying to train a lizard to jump through hoops." - StoopTroup

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Well, to those leaving, I wish you well and hope you return. Maybe I've missed a lot here as I haven't visited as much as usual. I've been a Sooner fan since my dad got me hooked in the late 60's/early 70's. Like many, I anxiously await each college football season and they always seem to pass too quickly. And also like many, my team usually doesn't make it to the big dance. So most years are not totally successful or enjoyable in my mind. But enjoyable because win or lose, I love the program. Maybe it's state pride. I'm sure that's part of it. But I've also found it's a good way to keep things level. Be a gracious winner. Take the losses with class. Appreciate people and their efforts. We all have warts. Sometimes things just seem perfect and sometimes nothing seems right but either way we have to keep on keeping on. Losing with your family is better than winning with strangers. It's great to have won than never won at all. It's great to be an Okie. Hope is a good thing and never lose it.
    Good luck and hope to see you back some time. You're always welcome in my book.

vCash