Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

M. Gundy Rumored to Arkansas

according to tim brando show and scout.com
    http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=17&f=2759&t=10909282
    Last edited by 8timechamps; 12/4/2012 at 01:59 PM.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Re: M. Gundy to Arkansas

Ooh!! To OP, I go...
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

I only listen to Tim Brando when he's asking Spencer Tillman for some wisdom.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BermudaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Now they are saying it isn't Gundy.
    "You get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right."---Penn Jillette

"It's what I do, I drink and I know things."---Tyrion Lannister

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (KTHV) -- Current Oklahoma State Mike Gundy is the latest coach rumored to come to Arkansas as the next head coach.

The latest "buzz" surrounding the head coaching search centers around Gundy. This announcement was made by David Bazzel on the sports talk show 103.7 The Buzz. Bazzel says certain "sources" tell him that Gundy will be the next head coach.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

wow, I wouldn't think Gundy would leave his alma mater. Thought he had a good gig.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Did anyone else hear from "sources" that Boone Pickens called Gundy after their OT loss at OU (badger: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!) to b!tch him out?

If so, I'm surprised he didn't say "I do" to the first big name suitor that called.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Did anyone else hear from "sources" that Boone Pickens called Gundy after their OT loss at OU (badger: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!) to b!tch him out?
    Is that really being rumored? Oh, my word. Gundy must love OSU one heck of a lot to still be there with that bastage breathing down his neck.

vCash

When the sh!t hits the fan and Pokes wonder why, here's what I posted yesterday once again:

Also... I would like to present to you THE TRUTH... in photos...

Mike Gundy: My name is Mike Gundy and I played my college ball at Oklahoma State.

Travis Ford: My name is Travis Ford and I played my ball somewhere else.

Mike Gundy: I have coached mostly at OSU. My family's roots are in the state of Oklahoma and I am all for Oklahoma State.

Travis Ford: I took UMass to the NIT in the powerhouse conference known as the A10!

Mike Gundy: While I've had my embarrassing moments, including a losing season my first year as OSU's head coach, my teams have shown steady improvement, including our first Big 12 conference title and first BCS bowl appearance, which we won.

Travis Ford: I took OSU to the second round of the NCAA tourney... then the first round... then the NIT... then nothing...

Mike Gundy: I admit that I hired an agent to handle contract negotiations, but I had the respect for my alma mater to call it my "New York Yankees job" and only want a contract that matches OSU's accomplishments during my tenure as head coach.

Travis Ford: OSU gave me a 10-year contract that pays more than Gundy's old contract... did I mention that my teams have been spiraling downward since my arrival?

Mike Gundy: Not to mention the fact that season ticket sales and home attendance are higher than they've been in history. Although I admit that our facilities now have higher capacities than before, ticket prices are also higher, so fans have committed and commended the results that my teams have produced recently.

Travis Ford: Now come on, people. Of course GIA is going to look empty when those seats are bright orange if nobody's sitting in them!

PS: Don't expect me to keep this up. Eff OKLAST and all, but my goodness are they about to make a big mistake if they let Gundy go

vCash

now they are saying in that thread that it's not Gundy at Arkansas

probably leverage to get more cash or control in Stoolwater

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

I will be seriously surprised it's gonna be more cash since Holder and Boone are lamenting giving him what they have already.
    Bazinga

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    I will be seriously surprised it's gonna be more cash since Holder and Boone are lamenting giving him what they have already.
    I know that t. bone is a billionaire, but no philanthropist ever wants to be totally funding any project that they are not totally in control of. OKLAST can never be Pickens' Dallas Cowboys and he knows it -- it's not solely sports, it's a land grant blah blah higher education blah blah public funding blah blah.

OSU has money problems when it comes to sports. Football attendance might be up, but football programs in college, in general, lose lots of money. It's more of a vanity thing than a profit thing to have a good football team. Something to keep the alumni interested and to sell licensed merchandise.

OSU gave Travis Ford a 10-year contract that averaged about $2 million per year, and that was before basketball attendance tanked. Tune in to your regional Fox Sports network to see exactly how much. It is no longer must-see Stillwater entertainment. There are thousands of empty bright orange (America's Brightest Orange!) seats in GIA.

Rassling, along with other OSU sports, has never been and never will be, money making sports, even if they get them some national championships to add to their grand total of 50 or so.

MONEY. It's a big effing deal when you're not profitable and subsidizing academics like OU football.

vCash

Can you change the thread title to Tennessee? lol:
    http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-footb...ee-volunteers/

Administrator
    vCash

Re: M. Gundy Rumored to Arkansas

Changed the title. Still just a rumor.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash

With what Gundy and T-Boone have done with Okie State, I don't see a move to Arky as a step up. Arky has tradition, but so what? I like Gundy. I think he is a good coach and I even kinda liked his rant a few years back, hilarious as it was.
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Soooo John L Smith to Stillwater. Great for the conference. T Boone is Jerry jones

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    Soooo John L Smith to Stillwater. Great for the conference. T Boone is Jerry jones
    Don't you mean John L Smile?

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    If nothing else, it would be fun to watch his interviews.

Saving the World one Power plant at a Time
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    It's not cash Gundy wants. It's more power, as in scheduling input. He wants home games, not neutral site games.

A big part of his name being out there is Sexton. I can post an article about Sexton here in a bit, to show you just how much power the dude holds.

I know that t. bone is a billionaire, but no philanthropist ever wants to be totally funding any project that they are not totally in control of. OKLAST can never be Pickens' Dallas Cowboys and he knows it -- it's not solely sports, it's a land grant blah blah higher education blah blah public funding blah blah.

OSU has money problems when it comes to sports. Football attendance might be up, but football programs in college, in general, lose lots of money. It's more of a vanity thing than a profit thing to have a good football team. Something to keep the alumni interested and to sell licensed merchandise.

OSU gave Travis Ford a 10-year contract that averaged about $2 million per year, and that was before basketball attendance tanked. Tune in to your regional Fox Sports network to see exactly how much. It is no longer must-see Stillwater entertainment. There are thousands of empty bright orange (America's Brightest Orange!) seats in GIA.

Rassling, along with other OSU sports, has never been and never will be, money making sports, even if they get them some national championships to add to their grand total of 50 or so.

MONEY. It's a big effing deal when you're not profitable and subsidizing academics like OU football.
    We're not subsidizing academics at OSU though. In fact, we are bringing in more research dollars and building a lot of new academic buildings across campus. OSU even has more students than OU, which was never done until the last 4 years.

http://businessofcollegesports.com/2...g-12-football/

We actually make money in football. This is from the 2010-2011 fiscal year, but the years before and now have shown steady growth, so I don't know where you get that we're in the red in our sports.
    OKLAHOMA STATE WRESTLING: 34 Team National Championships, 137 Individual National Champions, 48 Conference Championships, 435 All-Americans, 41 Olympians, NCAA Record 84 Straight Wins

OU FOOTBALL: 7 National Championships, 45 Conference Championships, 153 All-Americans, Zero Olympians, NCAA Record 47 Straight Wins

Saving the World one Power plant at a Time
    vCash

The more I read the more I become convinced he's not leaving. I thought for awhile that he was going to be gone, but now I don't think he is.
    OKLAHOMA STATE WRESTLING: 34 Team National Championships, 137 Individual National Champions, 48 Conference Championships, 435 All-Americans, 41 Olympians, NCAA Record 84 Straight Wins

OU FOOTBALL: 7 National Championships, 45 Conference Championships, 153 All-Americans, Zero Olympians, NCAA Record 47 Straight Wins