Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

So Minn. has em one also, Dude puts the Kill shot on a Teen intruder

Minn. man says he 'fired more shots than I needed'

http://news.yahoo.com/minn-man-says-...183741818.html
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: So Minn. has em one also, Dude puts the Kill shot on a Teen intruder

Off to prison he goes...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    Off to prison he goes...
    Moren likely, If he had stopped after wounding her and called the PoPo he would prolly be clear, But like Erskland (sp) He went that extra mile for the "Kill Shot"
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

After shooting her with both the Mini 14 and the .22-caliber revolver, he dragged her next to Brady. With her still gasping for air, he fired a shot under her chin "up into the cranium," the complaint says.

"Smith described it as 'a good clean finishing shot,'" according to the complaint.
    If that's true then...damn...
    Surrender is not a Ranger word

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Wishboned View Post
    Im thinkin the dude should have STFU and got that lawyer

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Wishboned View Post
    I can't believe they only charged 2nd Degree. This should be a death penalty case.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    I can't believe they only charged 2nd Degree. This should be a death penalty case.
    Oh horse****. A. They broke into his home. B. There isn't a B.

Absolutely manslaughter for finishing them off, but the stupid fools broke into his ****ing house. And what kind of idiot/drunk/high person would come down the stairs after hearing a bunch of shooting that way? Didn't the dumb bitch watch any horror movies?

I 'm kinda torn on this one. I hope his lawyer can get his confession thrown out; but I do think he needs to spend a little time. Primarily for being as stupid as the kids for talking to the police without a lawyer.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    Oh horse****. A. They broke into his home. B. There isn't a B.
    I can see maybe an argument for self defense for killing the 17 year old boy, but the girl? He drug her into another room and when he heard her still gasping for air, he placed the gun under her chin and shot it up through her head to finish her off.

Horse****. A, that's murder in the first degree. B, there isn't a B.

I will give the girl a Darwin award though.

vCash

Manslaughter my ***...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    Manslaughter my ***...
    Side bar....

Does anyone else ever think "man's laughter" when they see manslaughter?

vCash

Nope...never looked at it that way...but apparently this shooter dude had that thought process...

vCash

I can see the need fer some Nut house time, not necessarily Big house tho.Dude had been broke into before, Had guns stolen, Ok so if some one comes back and breaks in again If thats ME ima figure its moren likely the same bunch of arseholes , Up until he did the Kill shot he had done nuthin wrong IMHO

If I was a Juror and heard that he then finished the bitch off and waited till the next day to call The PoPo cause he dint want to disturb their Thanksgiving , Ima be figuring the Dude SNAPPED and is just a tad Loco

vCash

Well, the "snapped" part isn't what it takes to get to not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect.

In Minnesota, they follow the M'Naughten Rule, where a criminal defendant is not guilty by reason of insanity if, at the time of the alleged criminal act, the defendant was so deranged that they didn't know the nature or quality of her actions or, if they knew the nature and quality of her actions, they were so deranged that they did not know that what they were doing was wrong.

The burden is on the defense to prove that in Minnesota. In some places, it's on the state. It's a really tough burden to overcome and is used in less than 1% of criminal cases.

I just don't buy that he didn't understand that executing a defenseless teenage girl at point blank range wasn't wrong and that bothering the police on Turkey Day would be wrong. That doesn't really jive. I'd have charged with one count of second degree murder and one count of first. He probably needs to undergo a psychiatric evaluation, and I imagine he will, but with the sort of facts you need to prevail on M'Naughten, I just don't see that happening.

vCash

So yer sayin the dude shouldn't have even shot the 1st punk down the stairs?

Yer Loco

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Said he shot the dude in the face with the .223...I bet that was ugly.

OleVet Posse Instigator

SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    vCash

Side bar....

Does anyone else ever think "man's laughter" when they see manslaughter?
    Always.

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

I am sure the liberal people of Minn. think that the death penalty is no good and the guy can be rehabilitated...

He actually sounds proud of what he did. Sure his house has been broken into 2 or 3 times previously, but this, really?

IMO, all shots valid except for the "kill" shot to the girl. That was over the top...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    I am sure the liberal people of Minn. think that the death penalty is no good and the guy can be rehabilitated...

He actually sounds proud of what he did. Sure his house has been broken into 2 or 3 times previously, but this, really?

IMO, all shots valid except for the "kill" shot to the girl. That was over the top...
    Let me clarify.

I think the other shots may be defensible, but based on what I've read in the news, I'd favor at least charging him with Murder in the 2nd Degree for some of those shots which he even admitted under questioning were over the top. The "kill" shot is, at least under Oklahoma law something which, on the facts presented here would almost definitely qualify as premeditated murder. Unfortunately, I can't definitively answer that for Minnesota as the online access to their jury instructions is either pay-only or not existent.

I don't like the death penalty, but so long as we have it and are applying it fairly, this sounds like a pretty good case to apply it to.

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Mid, my comment was not aimed at you, I hope you didn't take it that way...

BTW, Minn abolished the dp in 1911. Gov. Pawlenty tried to reinstate it, but he was denied...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    So yer sayin the dude shouldn't have even shot the 1st punk down the stairs?

Yer Loco
    He was well within his right to shoot both of their asses...but when he went about dragging one around and then seeing they were still alive and decided to pop them with a kill shot he went beyond his legal right...