Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okiewaker's Avatar
    vCash
    Nah,,,you're just gullible. It passes with age.
    Posted from iOS app

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

Re: My Post-Election Post-Mortem Analysis

Looks like ST is back on his meds again.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    I neither think anything SicEm said is amazing or wonderful. I have never thought he was fully educated in the ways of Politics. He spent years in a type of Political Group Therapy for people who think they will one day wear blue blazers, $1000 suits and Flagpins.

I don't think he's had an original thought since he buried his nose in all of it.

I think he would have done better putting himself through School and working a few real jobs with real people. He has no idea what real people have had to struggle with. He's maybe had a huge reality check the last few years but this idea he has that Libertarians have all the answers and would best serve America are only to serve his ego and give him some sort of satisfaction in that he didn't waste so damn much money and time on an expensive education that reaped few rewards.

I tire of people who work so hard to tell Real hard working Taxpayers what to believe when all they spew is the viewpoint of a Professional Student who was financed by the wealth of someone else.

I know he's way to young to know what Abortion was like before they stopped incarcerating people for nearly killing their Daughter or Wife and the Town Doctor having to come in and clean up a tragedy of Greek Proportion. Not every Doctor went through those days. Mine did. I still shutter when I think of what our Country would be like if States had their own laws on Abortion.

Just that position in itself shows just how naive he is about people and their lives. I would tell him to go get his Vas Deferentia snipped as hopefully he will never procreate but I feel that would be way to strong of an opinion to take. All of the years I have in this World have proved to me that the offspring of even guys like him can overcome the one-sidedness and one-mindeness of their sperm donor.
    I like SicEm and think he's intelligent and even astute in some ways. But -- as you say so well -- he is profoundly wrong insofar as he is totally out of touch with real people and their toils and troubles. Sorry Froston, but, with all respect, you are pegged.
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by kevpks View Post
    I was under the impression that most illegal immigrants are here to try to work. I suppose I could be wrong.
    NO, you're not.
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFrog View Post
    When they jettison the 20 million religious people, 40 million moderates will suddenly realize they're not entirely crazy and take their place.
    The Democrats will never allow themselves to be out bid for voters or out liberaled.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TUSooner View Post
    I like SicEm and think he's intelligent and even astute in some ways. But -- as you say so well -- he is profoundly wrong insofar as he is totally out of touch with real people and their toils and troubles. Sorry Froston, but, with all respect, you are pegged.
    It's called having principles that you aren't willing to compromise simply to cater to the lowest common denominators in our society. I get the distinct impression he gives a rat's *** about your opinion of him or his belief system. I wish there were a lot more like him in the country.

vCash

I empathize with immigrants who want to come here for a better life. I really do. But empathy shouldn't be the basis of policy. Nobody is entitled to the right to enter this country or become a citizen. I don't care if they're coming from Wales or the Sudan. I reject the implication that I lack humanity because I oppose immigration -- it doesn't mean anything more than I oppose immigration.

Like I said, let's get the unemployment rate down below 5% (preferably around 4 1/2%) and if there is still a demand for millions of unskilled immigrants then we can talk about issuing work visas. We're a nation of 350 million people, and I oppose letting every Jack and Jill take a citizenship oath just to demonstrate our collective humanity.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    It's called having principles that you aren't willing to compromise simply to cater to the lowest common denominators in our society. I get the distinct impression he gives a rat's *** about your opinion of him or his belief system. I wish there were a lot more like him in the country.
    Yeah well, Hitler had principles, too.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

vCash

Now honestly...

vCash

First one to Hitler loses, better luck next time.

Come on man, you are maybe the only leftist here that I expect better from.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Now honestly...
    "Now honestly", it all depends on what principles we're talking about. I've heard a conservative defined (by a Catholic priest fwiw) as "someone who sticks to his principles no matter how much it hurts...others." A whole bunch of wise guys around here latch onto one good idea and think it's THE ANSWER, the ONLY good idea, the defining principle of the World, and the only thing that matters to the exclusion of all else. Libertarianism Conservatism Laissez-Faire economics Thisism Thatism.
    If you don't care about people, it's all just a big ol' pile of crap.
    Good night.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

vCash

"Now honestly", it all depends on what principles we're talking about. I've heard a conservative defined (by a Catholic priest fwiw) as "someone who sticks to his principles no matter how much it hurts...others." A whole bunch of wise guys around here latch onto one good idea and think it's THE ANSWER, the ONLY good idea, the defining principle of the World, and the only thing that matters to the exclusion of all else. Libertarianism Conservatism Laissez-Faire economics Thisism Thatism.
    Good night.
    I think here is where others may call you out on black and white vs. gray thingies or something. I've heard that somewhere before.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    I think here is where others may call you out on black and white vs. gray thingies or something. I've heard that somewhere before.
    Then call me out and explain why. Maybe I'll get back to you about it tomorrow.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

vCash

Then call me out and explain why. Maybe I'll get back to you about it tomorrow.
    If you of all people have to have it explained, you are just as partisan and tunnel visioned as everybody you ridicule. Not worth my time or effort.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 LiveLaughLove's Avatar
    vCash

I love how liberals think everyone else is involved in group think. That's rich.
    "We still find the greedy hand of government thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry, and grasping at the spoil of the multitude. Invention is continually exercised to furnish new pretenses for revenue and taxation. It watches prosperity as its prey and permits none to escape without a tribute."
    -- Thomas Paine

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Looks like ST is back on his meds again.
    If you are worried...I appreciate it. No Reason to be Harry.

vCash

I know I'm a bit harsh on him. He really did just pour himself into all that Rhetoric. I was impressed when he told me what he achieved at Baylor. I even feel badly for him as he's been through many things that have been tough in his life and I can relate to a lot of that myself. I just think that his resorting to Vet, Tim and now it seems Harry Beanbag slurs is a huge personality flaw for someone who spent so much time trying to educate himself so he could maybe become the next Libertarian Vice President in his 40's. I think he continues to show just how vulnerable he is to criticism and that he needs to learn one of the biggest rules of them all...

If you can dish it out.....you better be able to take it.

When someone dishes it out for no reason than he's coming to the aid of another that thinks he can dish it out but can't take it....it's just piling on like a gang member. I have gotten myself out of some pretty tough spots in my life. Froston...He's such a pup. I do hope he's able to fix some of his personality flaws as he is a pretty funny guy when he's mixing truth with fiction. He really ought to write short stories and stay out of politics.

I wish him well. Just not as a Politician. He should give up on any idea of becoming an elected official.

vCash

Good night.
    Of course I care about people. Holy God I'm not a psychopath/sociopath. The difference between you and I is that I don't believe that should be the basis for crafting policy. Hell, as I've said, I'm not totally and completely opposed to some safety net programs. The issue there is that I am utterly opposed to it being on the Federal level because I believe it should be done on the state level for practical, constitutional, and efficiency reasons.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    I know I'm a bit harsh on him. He really did just pour himself into all that Rhetoric. I was impressed when he told me what he achieved at Baylor. I even feel badly for him as he's been through many things that have been tough in his life and I can relate to a lot of that myself. I just think that his resorting to Vet, Tim and now it seems Harry Beanbag slurs is a huge personality flaw for someone who spent so much time trying to educate himself so he could maybe become the next Liberal Vice President in his 40's. I think he continues to show just how vulnerable he is to criticism and that he needs to learn one of the biggest rules of them all...

If you can dish it out.....you better be able to take it.

When someone dishes it out for no reason than he's coming to the aid of another that thinks he can dish it out but can't take it....it's just piling on like a gang member. I have gotten myself out of some pretty tough spots in my life. Froston...He's such a pup. I do hope he's able to fix some of his personality flaws as he is a pretty funny guy when he's mixing truth with fiction. He really ought to write short stories and stay out of politics.

I wish him well. Just not as a Politician. He should give up on any idea of becoming an elected official.
    If you will recall (and you probably don't for obvious reasons), I never made any sort of attacks against you in any shape, form, or fashion until the last year or so. The issues started with little insults and jabs here and there at myself and Baylor in general which I brushed off for a very long time. I took it as good-natured ribbing for the longest time. Gradually, they become increasingly insidious. My patience wore increasingly thin and I had enough.

I don't know what the hell is wrong with you -- I honestly don't. You wore out any sympathy I may have had for you a long long time ago. As such, it's difficult to look past your absolutely incoherent rants that don't make a damned bit of sense whatsoever. The random capitalization, strings of consciousness in no particular logical order, your odd mood swings, etc. etc. are all evidence of something. Whether it is from the prescription drug abuse, you were hit on your head as a child, or you never learned to communicate beyond a 5th grade level is a mystery unto me. At this point I really no longer care. Admittedly, you used to get under my skin until I realized everyone else also thinks you're utterly insane.

I used to feel bad for you; I now feel sorry for you.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    If you will recall (and you probably don't for obvious reasons), I never made any sort of attacks against you in any shape, form, or fashion until the last year or so. The issues started with little insults and jabs here and there at myself and Baylor in general which I brushed off for a very long time. I took it as good-natured ribbing for the longest time. Gradually, they become increasingly insidious. My patience wore increasingly thin and I had enough.

I don't know what the hell is wrong with you -- I honestly don't. You wore out any sympathy I may have had for you a long long time ago. As such, it's difficult to look past your absolutely incoherent rants that don't make a damned bit of sense whatsoever. The random capitalization, strings of consciousness in no particular logical order, your odd mood swings, etc. etc. are all evidence of something. Whether it is from the prescription drug abuse, you were hit on your head as a child, or you never learned to communicate beyond a 5th grade level is a mystery unto me. At this point I really no longer care. Admittedly, you used to get under my skin until I realized everyone else also thinks you're utterly insane.

I used to feel bad for you; I now feel sorry for you.
    And that's some seriously messed up BS

It's obvious I got to you again. Quit drinking while your young before it's to late.