Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 diverdog's Avatar
    vCash

Riding the storm out.

It looks like the eye of Sandy will pass 35 miles to the north of me. So far it is nothing but a sustained nasty rain storm. Think a super cell deluge except it last a couple of days. Our beaches are getting pummelled. My friend called me and said the surf is twenty plus feet. The scary part of the storm is that we will have a ten foot storm surge on top of the already high tide on a full moon. The flooding is going to be really bad. I am on high ground by Delaware standards so flooding is not a huge concern. The Governor just issued a level II driving ban. So no work today. Winds are 30 gusting to 40 at this time. Thank god it is not cold or we would have ten feet of snow.

Spent the last two days getting ready. We have plenty of food and water. Got fuel for the generator and propane for the grill. Since I camp and backpack so much I have a crazy amount of gear....dried food, stoves, water purification pumps, lanterns, flashlights, fire starters,...you name it I got it. My friends joke that I could give Cabelas a run for their money. Lol. Push comes to shove I figure I will go to the local pond and massacre a few resident geese for food. I don't think it will be that bad but it is good to have a plan C. We also have a large deer herd nearby.

I will keep everyone posted. This is not the worst storm I have endured. We lived near the Gulf when Camille hit.
    Last edited by diverdog; 10/29/2012 at 06:29 AM.

vCash

Re: Riding the storm out.

Keep yer pecker dry, Well unless ya just wanta get it wet
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Keep yer pecker dry, Well unless ya just wanta get it wet
    Still have to walk the dog. Wish he would use the toilet.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diverdog View Post
    When the weather that Bad my sorry dogs just poop in the floor.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

It looks like the eye of Sandy will pass 35 miles to the north of me. So far it is nothing but a sustained nasty rain storm. Think a super cell deluge except it last a couple of days. Our beaches are getting pummelled. My friend called me and said the surf is twenty plus feet. The scary part of the storm is that we will have a ten foot storm surge on top of the already high tide on a full moon. The flooding is going to be really bad. I am on high ground by Delaware standards so flooding is not a huge concern. The Governor just issued a level II driving ban. So no work today. Winds are 30 gusting to 40 at this time. Thank god it is not cold or we would have ten feet of snow.

Spent the last two days getting ready. We have plenty of food and water. Got fuel for the generator and propane for the grill. Since I camp and backpack so much I have a crazy amount of gear....dried food, stoves, water purification pumps, lanterns, flashlights, fire starters,...you name it I got it. My friends joke that I could give Cabelas a run for their money. Lol. Push comes to shove I figure I will go to the local pond and massacre a few resident geese for food. I don't think it will be that bad but it is good to have a plan C. We also have a large deer herd nearby.

I will keep everyone posted. This is not the worst storm I have endured. We lived near the Gulf when Camille hit.
    A LIB ,Dem whos not sittin on his butt expecting the Gov, To come save him ?
    Its a Miracle

vCash

A LIB ,Dem whos not sittin on his butt expecting the Gov, To come save him ?
    Its a Miracle
    I would kill to live off the grid.

The other smart thing I did was to have my POS neighbor's tree trimmed. They abandoned their house a year ago and since then I have tried to keep it from looking like chit. When I had the tree trimmer come by I had him lop off any limbs that threatened my house and electrical wires. Looks like a good move in retrospect.

Sandy is showing up, winds have really picked up in the last hour.

P.S. I am not a Dem. I am registered unaffiliated. Not even independent.

vCash

I would kill to live off the grid.

The other smart thing I did was to have my POS neighbor's tree trimmed. They abandoned their house a year ago and since then I have tried to keep it from looking like chit. When I had the tree trimmer come by I had him lop off any limbs that threatened my house and electrical wires. Looks like a good move in retrospect.

Sandy is showing up, winds have really picked up in the last hour.

P.S. I am not a Dem. I am registered unaffiliated. Not even independent.
    Yer still a LIB who I'd be willing to Bet Votes Dem a Majority of the time

Oh and good thinkin on the tree.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Good luck, DD!

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Yep, same here.

Winds really gusting right now. I would guess, sustained around 35 and up to 50, at times. My wife's ridiculous company had the muckity mucks come in today. I wonder when she'll bail... idiots.

And yes, I have a 5.5 and 2.5 yr old at home with me and a skype call with a client in 30 min!!
    Last edited by sooneron; 10/29/2012 at 09:01 AM.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooneron View Post
    Yep, same here.

Winds really gusting right now. I would guess, sustained around 35 and up to 50, at times. My wife's ridiculous company had the muckity mucks come in today. I wonder when she'll bail... idiots.

And yes, I have a 5.5 and 2.5 yr old at home with me and a skype call with a client in 30 min!!
    Where are you located?

vCash

I'm flying to Bradley in Hartford and driving to Albany Wednesday. Was tomorrow but the airlines are changing flights for free due to the storm.

vCash

What on Earth is the difference between unaffiliated and independent? "Independent" isn't a party; therefore, registering as an independent means you're unaffiliated with any party major or otherwise.

vCash

It's like you don't even care I'm flying into the maw of a devastating hurricane.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Howzit View Post
    It's like you don't even care I'm flying into the maw of a devastating hurricane.
    I care Bro. Ill say 3 "Oh Sh*ts" for you

vCash

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 salth2o's Avatar
    vCash

Sounds like you are ready. We rode out Ike in 2008 here in Houston. Not too bad if you dont mind some serious wind and rain. We are far enough inland that flooding was not an issue.

We were without power for 15 days after the storm. My neighbors and I shared food, water, etc. and made it fine. We had several hurricane parties.

Hunker down as our local met's kept saying.
    You only live once, but if you work it right...once is enough!

vCash

Wow, you really do care. You said 2 "Ill say 3 "Oh Sh*ts" for you's"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 salth2o's Avatar
    vCash

Meybe Vet should start his own line of sympathy cards.
    You only live once, but if you work it right...once is enough!

vCash

I do, I really do. I care so Much Bro

vCash

Can I borrow $500?