Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash

so we have lost to the #2 and #3 teams in the nation.

yep

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 MyT Oklahoma's Avatar
    vCash

Re: so we have lost to the #2 and #3 teams in the nation.

Yeah and at home no less. Who would have thought, huh?
    OU 20 UT 36 "It is what it is." Mack Brown 10/12/13

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

This is a good attitude. I mean, you have to accept that Stoops is not capable of winning big games with regularity anymore.

Oh, yeah...sorry...I guess, Texas still qualifies as "big game" despite Big 12 officials handing them the Oklahoma State game and them barely squeaking by traditional basketball power Kansas.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

If KSU and ND both win out I bet ND passes KSU in the BCS standings.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Yep, and if you go by OU as the common opponent to decide, then ND is the better team.

We *could* have beaten ND. We *should* have beaten KSU.

vCash

And the reason we're not the #2 or #3 team is that those teams are mentally and physically tough and we're not. If we can't just go out and outtalent somebody than it's probably an L coming, unless the guy on the other sidelines is Mack Brown. Pretty soon whorn will hire a real coach and we'll be losing to them regularly as well.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon St Sooner View Post
    And the reason we're not the #2 or #3 team is that those teams are mentally and physically tough and we're not. If we can't just go out and outtalent somebody than it's probably an L coming, unless the guy on the other sidelines is Mack Brown. Pretty soon whorn will hire a real coach and we'll be losing to them regularly as well.
    Shhh. You're scaring the children.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Yes. And both losses were to 2 of the remaining 6 undefeated teams in the country.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Huh? Did you say something? I'm just now coming out of my fetal position.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

That's almost a guarantee!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tycat947 View Post
    That's a guarantee!
    FIFY

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BeaSooner View Post
    FIFY
    You're right!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

From 2002-2011, they lost at home just once. The Saturday night loss to the Fighting Irish was OU’s third home loss in the seven games, dating back to last season.

that is from the Norman paper...tougher opponents? bad coaching? bad recruiting? something is obviously different...wasn't Stoops 14-0..?...against ranked opponents at home?
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

I still believe USC has a shot against ND. Even though our heavy passing game plan didn't work, we did enough to show it could work if we had executed consistently. USC doesn't have receivers spread out all over the field, but they have 2 exceptional guys on the outside. Barkley is very accurate and throws a great deep ball - something we were not able to do against ND. Also, USC runs better than we do but I doubt enough to control the game. USC's defense is suspect, so it really depends on matchups against ND's style on how well they will do.

KSU's path looks much easier now that they have beaten both OU and TTech. Never know about TCU and Pokey though.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I still believe USC has a shot against ND. Even though our heavy passing game plan didn't work, we did enough to show it could work if we had executed consistently. USC doesn't have receivers spread out all over the field, but they have 2 exceptional guys on the outside. Barkley is very accurate and throws a great deep ball - something we were not able to do against ND. Also, USC runs better than we do but I doubt enough to control the game. USC's defense is suspect, so it really depends on matchups against ND's style on how well they will do.

KSU's path looks much easier now that they have beaten both OU and TTech. Never know about TCU and Pokey though.
    Boykin of TCU injured his knee against Boone State on Saturday and his status is unknown at this time. If he's out for the year, you can pretty much throw out the horny frogs.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    This is a good attitude. I mean, you have to accept that Stoops is not capable of winning big games with regularity anymore.

Oh, yeah...sorry...I guess, Texas still qualifies as "big game" despite Big 12 officials handing them the Oklahoma State game and them barely squeaking by traditional basketball power Kansas.
    Apparently you're an idiot!

What it says is we are not a top 5 team.

Quote Originally Posted by bornnbredou View Post

and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

Skip Bayless, is that you?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon St Sooner View Post
    They don't even have to hire a real coach. All they have to do is hire a real defensive coordinator like when they picked up Chizik and Muschamp back-to-back and beat us four out of five years with them. Brown is not really coaching anyway; he's been in Bobby Bowden/figurehead mode for years.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU_Sooners75 View Post
    Apparently you're an idiot!

What it says is we are not a top 5 team.
    Really what big games has Bob won lately? The BCS game versus Connecticut? Which of the three latest Texas games was "big": the one against Texas' 5-7 squad, their 8-5 squad, or this last one who can barely get past Kansas. The Sun Bowl win over Stanford. Boy, we own El Paso. The Insight Bowl?

Give me a break. Kansas State has a one dimensional offense. Notre Dame didn't have athletes any faster or stronger than ours. Surely, Kansas State doesn't.

So, what's the difference? It's in coaching. Kansas State whipped our lines, as well as Notre Dame. Those coaching staffs are instilling it in their players.

How many missed tackles and assignment errors did those teams have? Penalties? We're whining like babies over holding calls, phantom fumble returns, and pass interference non-calls.

Go ahead and beat a team and the officials aren't an issue.

Oh, TDTW, but they're Top 5 schools this year.

Yeah, well, we would be, too - this year and every year again - if we could find the pre-2003 Big 12 Championship Bob Stoops.

Stupid. We'll win 10 games again and Stoops will get a pass.

It's fine if you don't want to be in the national title picture. It really is. Maybe some in the program have gotten bored of challenging the Nick Sabans and Les Miles' of the college football world.

And, why not? Our fans are so sheepish, we were happy to play along with Texas in trying to get into a basketball conference. Some were even excited about it.

It's not championships we're hungry for anymore...it's TV money based on what we were in the past. We're in the Drunken Kennedy Heir Phase of the program.
    Last edited by Tear Down This Wall; 10/29/2012 at 03:23 PM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

They don't even have to hire a real coach. All they have to do is hire a real defensive coordinator like when they picked up Chizik and Muschamp back-to-back and beat us four out of five years with them. Brown is not really coaching anyway; he's been in Bobby Bowden/figurehead mode for years.
    We didn't lose those games to their defense. They had VY and CM. Its OUR defense that failed. Admittedly to 2 very good QB's
    this line intentionally left blank...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

Really what big games has Bob won lately? The BCS game versus Connecticut? Which of the three latest Texas games was "big": the one against Texas' 5-7 squad, their 8-5 squad, or this last one who can barely get past Kansas. The Sun Bowl win over Stanford. Boy, we own El Paso. The Insight Bowl?

Give me a break. Kansas State has a one dimensional offense. Notre Dame didn't have athletes any faster or stronger than ours. Surely, Kansas State doesn't.

So, what's the difference? It's in coaching. Kansas State whipped our lines, as well as Notre Dame. Those coaching staffs are instilling it in their players.

How many missed tackles and assignment errors did those teams have? Penalties? We're whining like babies over holding calls, phantom fumble returns, and pass interference non-calls.

Go ahead and beat a team and the officials aren't an issue.

Oh, TDTW, but they're Top 5 schools this year.

Yeah, well, we would be, too - this year and every year again - if we could find the pre-2003 Big 12 Championship Bob Stoops.

Stupid. We'll win 10 games again and Stoops will get a pass.

It's fine if you don't want to be in the national title picture. It really is. Maybe some in the program have gotten bored of challenging the Nick Sabans and Les Miles' of the college football world.

And, why not? Our fans are so sheepish, we were happy to play along with Texas in trying to get into a basketball conference. Some were even excited about it.

It's not championships we're hungry for anymore...it's TV money based on what we were in the past. We're in the Drunken Kennedy Heir Phase of the program.
    Let me ask you this. What's your definition of a big game?

Surely the FSU games the last two seasons were big games.

What about beating a higher ranked OSU team in 2010 and 09?

What about beating a Tech team in 2008 that was #1 at the time?

Rivalry games are always big. May not have much impact on our season but their big nonetheless.
    What about the Big 12 championship game in 2010, was that not a big game?

Yes we have lost some big games. But name me one current head coach that hasn't!

You ideas, or opinions, are splenetic at best!

Quote Originally Posted by bornnbredou View Post

and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

Skip Bayless, is that you?