Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60
  1. #21
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    Location
    NINJABREAD MAN!
    Posts
    14,947
    vCash
    500

    Re: Teo's Interception

    He had one hand on the ball and the other side of the ball was on the ground. It wasn't until after that that he got his 2nd hand on the ball.

  2. #22
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 freshchris05's Avatar
    Location
    Over the hills and far away...
    Posts
    1,458
    vCash
    500

    Re: Teo's Interception

    It was hard to overturn because of the ruling on the field. But we don't get that call. CFB needs ND back, you know how many hoodies will be sold today?
    "This whole world is 3 drinks behind..."

  3. #23
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    Posts
    3,864
    vCash
    500

    Re: Teo's Interception

    I had flashes of the 2009 game against Florida on that play.

  4. #24
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    Posts
    4,725
    vCash
    500

    Re: Teo's Interception

    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    You are wrong about doubt because I don't think it ever hit the ground and the big12 replay refs agree. I would go as far as to say that it may have been overturned had it been called incomplete. That would have been much more likely than overturning the INT call. The only place there is no doubt the ball hit the ground is in your mind.
    And several others here who saw the ball touching the ground. Maybe your view is o ly in your mind.

  5. #25

    Re: Teo's Interception

    i didnt see any replays,i was there. but the PI should have been called and whether or not it was caught wouldnt matter

  6. #26
    Sooner Benchwarmer LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe's Avatar
    Location
    SW OKC
    Posts
    141
    vCash
    500

    Re: Teo's Interception

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0lggQVR9TM

    From the video replay it looks to be an interception to me, the ball does not appear to hit the ground. But the defender hit OUr receiver before the ball got there, no doubt about that.

  7. #27
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    Location
    Richardson, TX
    Posts
    1,612
    vCash
    500

    Re: Teo's Interception

    If it had been a catch by Saunders with the same thing (hitting the ground, etc), it would have been an incompletion. Enough said. End of story.

    Watch the Teo interception and our endzone interception of McCoy in 2008 that was ruled incomplete and tell me who got the real interception. I've read the rules before, and unless they have changed the Teo interception was anything but.

    That said, I'm not sure it would've made a difference because Landry wasn't very sharp last night and Heupel's playcalling was bad.

  8. #28
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    Location
    NINJABREAD MAN!
    Posts
    14,947
    vCash
    500

    Re: Teo's Interception

    It did make a difference because that essentially sealed the win for them. It's not like it happened in the first quarter.

  9. #29
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    Location
    Winning Out
    Posts
    4,899
    vCash
    500

    Re: Teo's Interception

    Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    If it had been a catch by Saunders with the same thing (hitting the ground, etc), it would have been an incompletion. Enough said. End of story.

    Watch the Teo interception and our endzone interception of McCoy in 2008 that was ruled incomplete and tell me who got the real interception. I've read the rules before, and unless they have changed the Teo interception was anything but.

    That said, I'm not sure it would've made a difference because Landry wasn't very sharp last night and Heupel's playcalling was bad.
    Landry wasn't ever sharp? He was around 62%. The playcalling was terrible though. I don't know why nobody else gets involved. Why do we only do that against Texas? Where was Whaley?
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

  10. #30
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    Location
    Not in Ama
    Posts
    8,682
    vCash
    500

    Re: Teo's Interception

    Quote Originally Posted by Okie35 View Post
    Landry wasn't ever sharp? He was around 62%. The playcalling was terrible though. I don't know why nobody else gets involved. Why do we only do that against Texas? Where was Whaley?
    Landry completes a high percentage but he makes the receivers slow down or stop or reach back for his passes. Stats don't tell everything.

    I thought Mike Stoops did the worst job he has done all year of mixing up his blitzes. He allowed the RS freshman to get too comfortable in the game.

    I think the long TD run altered his normal agressiveness. We coached tight once again in a big game.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 10/28/2012 at 06:58 PM.

  11. #31
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    Location
    Richardson, TX
    Posts
    1,612
    vCash
    500

    Re: Teo's Interception

    Landry wasn't sharp. There's no question about that. He was throwing behind or in front of his guys almost every play, including a lot of the completions. To his credit, he didn't make any completely dumb plays. But I remember one play in particular when Herbstreit was practically fellating the ND defense and how they were anticipating the underneath throw, blah blah blah... They almost got the pick because LJ underthrew it. If he throws it where it should've been, it was a 1st down. It wasn't some great bit of anticipation by the ND defense.

    As for anybody seriously arguing that the ball didn't hit the ground. It CLEARLY HIT THE GROUND. I have a 70 inch damn TV and the ball hit the ground. Clear as day. It hitting the ground is what made it pop out of his hands. It was not an interception.

  12. #32
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    7,711
    vCash
    500

    Re: Teo's Interception

    It looked to me like it rolled off his hand and hit the ground, it should have been an incomplete pass.

  13. #33
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Posts
    9,360
    vCash
    500

    Re: Teo's Interception

    Quote Originally Posted by Sooner Eclipse View Post
    This is not true. There is a replay angle clearly showing the ball on the ground. While he was in the act of catching it but before he bobbled.
    I didn't see and I was looking hard and hoping I would see it. But this play would be a good psych test to see if people see what they want to see. Tell a bunch of OU and ND fans that there is a correct answer on whether the ball hit the ground or not. And tell them there is $100 prize for getting the answer correct and then sum up the answers and look at the stats. I'll bet the different fan bases would have vastly different scores even though the prize should get them to see what really happened instead of what they wanted to see.

    But I see all the folks posting that it's just "fact" the ball hit the ground. If that were true, the replay would have overturned it. They had all the angles and took their time. And the booth refs were big12 refs.

  14. #34

    Re: Teo's Interception

    Quote Originally Posted by S.PadreIsl.Sooner View Post
    The ball touched the ground. Then it was bobbled by the defender. No interception!

    Herbstreit saw this but didn't have the balls to say it!

    The ball can touch the ground on a reception or interception. That doesnt make a ball incomplete. Anyway it was a tough call. Certainly was not enough to overturned. It was a weird play, and a very close play.

  15. #35
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Posts
    9,360
    vCash
    500

    Re: Teo's Interception

    Quote Originally Posted by jkjsooner View Post
    And several others here who saw the ball touching the ground. Maybe your view is o ly in your mind.
    Could be, but it doesn't matter squat what is in my mind or yours. Only what was in the replay refs minds counts. And this was not a case of no good views; the angles were good. Had I been in the booth the INT would stand and I'd have been ruling it with clinched teeth and wearing crimson shades.

  16. #36
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    Location
    NINJABREAD MAN!
    Posts
    14,947
    vCash
    500

    Re: Teo's Interception

    Quote Originally Posted by dennis580 View Post
    The ball can touch the ground on a reception or interception. That doesnt make a ball incomplete.
    It does make it incomplete if one hand is one the ball and the other "hand" is the ground. That's what happened on that play. Not surprised it wasn't overturned though.

  17. #37
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    Posts
    11,787
    vCash
    500

    Re: Teo's Interception

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride View Post
    Guys, Te'o had possession of the ball BEFORE he went to the ground. "Hand under the ball" is irrelevant, he caught the ball at waist height. As he went to the ground it started to slip out, so the debate was if he demonstrated sufficient control of the ball to count as possession.

    And whether or not it should have been pass interference is another issue entirely. Either way, if the WR had just kept control of the ball instead of bobbling it up in the air, that would have been a spectacular play.
    This hasn't been the rule for several years. If you go to the ground, then you are not considered to have control until after you hit the ground. The key here was that the referee said "The ruling on the field STANDS, not is CONFIRMED" which means there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it or to say it was correct. Personally, I thought there was enough evidence to overturn it, but you aren't going to get that call in a big time game.

    What I DO wish is that on INTs that Pass Interference was an allowable review...

  18. #38
    Sooner Benchwarmer
    Location
    local call to hell
    Posts
    321
    vCash
    500

    Re: Teo's Interception

    There is one view where the ball clearly was touching the ground. If he had controled the ball after that it would have been an interception. However, when he lost control of the ball and he bobbled it around in his body it should have been ruled incomplete. Clearly the ground caused him to lose the ball and you must maintain possesion when you his the ground. Rule says it should be incomplete. If he had maintainede possesion even though the ball had touched the ground it would have been a legal INT.
    ...Never again will you be haughty on my holy hill.
    Zeph 3:11

  19. #39
    Administrator
    C&CDean's Avatar
    Location
    No longer in Norm's hiney in Norman
    Posts
    30,628
    vCash
    500

    Re: Teo's Interception

    WGAS? It's done. Over. Finished. We got our asses handed to us by a bunch of drunk Catlicks. We'll just need to learn to deal with it.

    Damn I'm tired of this ****. What happened to us? How about you?

  20. #40
    Sooner All-World olevetonahill's Avatar
    Location
    the Hills of S/E Ok
    Posts
    61,243
    vCash
    5500

    Re: Teo's Interception

    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    WGAS? It's done. Over. Finished. We got our asses handed to us by a bunch of drunk Catlicks. We'll just need to learn to deal with it.

    Damn I'm tired of this ****. What happened to us? How about you?
    I blame all these dayum Home losses on NOT HAVIN Tail gates any more
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

    Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    I'm a hell of a lot smarter than anyone on this board - .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •