Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

The Photos Of The Dead Ambassador Were Gruesome

And judging from the plethoric appearance of his head and neck he appears to have been strangled by hanging or choking. Asphyxiation by smoke inhalation does not give localized redness and tissue congestion of the face and neck. More often the victim appears cyanotic with no swelling of the head and neck. Even in carbon monoxide poisoning the entire body is plethoric(red) not just one local area.

I have seen 3 strangulation victims and they all looked exactly like the photo of the US ambassador.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 diverdog's Avatar
    vCash

Re: The Photos Of The Dead Ambassador Were Gruesome

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    And judging from the plethoric appearance of his head and neck he appears to have been strangled by hanging or choking. Asphyxiation by smoke inhalation does not give localized redness and tissue congestion of the face and neck. More often the victim appears cyanotic with no swelling of the head and neck. Even in carbon monoxide poisoning the entire body is plethoric(red) not just one local area.

I have seen 3 strangulation victims and they all looked exactly like the photo of the US ambassador.
    Out of curiosity what do you do for a living?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diverdog View Post
    Out of curiosity what do you do for a living?
    Currently as a pediatric hospitalist and moonlite in pediatric ERs and urgent cares.

vCash

Where did you see these pics?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    I think Drudge has a link..

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SouthCarolinaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    One, two, three.

All NSFW, obviously

I saw commentary somewhere that image #1 showed Libyans trying to take the Ambassador to the hospital (too late). Don't really buy that, either way he's already gone by then methinks. Tragedy.

vCash

I actually saw them on television......Fox News to be specific.

Also, here as I was trying to affirm my first impression from the television photos.
    http://www.infowars.com/was-u-s-ambassador-lynched/

i think its dangerous to make any kind of an M.E.'s opinion - considering those pictures were not professionally taken.......poor lighting, cell phone pics, etc etc

the reality of coloring of the skin could be greatly different than what you're seeing

or it could be exactly what it is.....all the autopsies i've ever been too, i've never seen an M.E. rule on cause of death without doing the standard Y incision, etc etc ...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

I just got back to the States. How do we lose the ambassador for several hours? Where the **** were the Marines? And why have we not sent bombing missions over there to carpet bomb those ragheads?
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

re: the marines - the Ambassador was not at the embassy - and i would venture a guess that he's traveled all over that country without an armed Marine squad...from what i've read he was very well liked by the Libyan people and this was not an attack by any faction of the Libyan people/government

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan View Post
    i think its dangerous to make any kind of an M.E.'s opinion - considering those pictures were not professionally taken.......poor lighting, cell phone pics, etc etc

the reality of coloring of the skin could be greatly different than what you're seeing

or it could be exactly what it is.....all the autopsies i've ever been too, i've never seen an M.E. rule on cause of death without doing the standard Y incision, etc etc ...
    Of course you are right but I usually have some quick impressions that jump to mind when I see a patient's initial appearance. In this case the marked color and edema contrast between the head and neck region and the chest/thorax is startling.

vCash

I've seen some pretty awful car Wreck deaths and some autopsies too.

Considering he was attacked by a mob and there was evidently RPGs shot at the getaway vehicle.....his body doesn't seem to have been desecrated or abused. He does look dead though.

he looks covered in soot - which is consistent with the fire and smoke reports

but then again - anything is possible - what the real facts are over there is anybody's guess

i wasnt trying to discredit you - you've been to medical school, etc etc......just bringing to light that the pictures aren't the greatest

vCash

Agree

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 diverdog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Currently as a pediatric hospitalist and moonlite in pediatric ERs and urgent cares.
    Thanks. I had to look up your job because I have never heard of a pediatric hospitalist. You are doing God's work. Thank you!

I sit on a committee for the Ronald McDonald House in Delaware and I have done some work with the A I duPont Childrens Hospital for fundraising. Children issues are something I really care about and a lot of my volunteer work centers around helping children.

DD

vCash

he looks covered in soot - which is consistent with the fire and smoke reports

but then again - anything is possible - what the real facts are over there is anybody's guess

i wasnt trying to discredit you - you've been to medical school, etc etc......just bringing to light that the pictures aren't the greatest
    My Father and uncle were both Head and Neck Surgeons and I grew up watching them both put together gruesome Lectures with slideshows to teach students and resident Doctors and a few times I was able to be in the ER unit and in Surgery and for years they were grooming me to go to Med School. I almost did go. I do sometimes think I should have followed their footsteps but such is life. I'm happy I made the choices I did these days. They are both retired and very happy they aren't spending 10+ hours in a surgical unit trying to save someone's life. It takes a very special person to do what they did.

God Bless those who do it and those who help them get it done.

vCash

re: the marines - the Ambassador was not at the embassy - and i would venture a guess that he's traveled all over that country without an armed Marine squad...from what i've read he was very well liked by the Libyan people and this was not an attack by any faction of the Libyan people/government
    I think it was a faction of Ghadaffi loyalists or a very radical Islamist group and not representative of most in Libya but we need to look no further than Somalia where the lack of any semblance of civil organization has allowed the rule by warloads. I see a similiar situation developing in Libya although the fact that there is lots of oil in this country will draw some intervention from the West before the country devolves into total chaos.

vCash

Diverdog, no need to thank me. What I chose as my profession is no more important than yours or anybody else's. I watch other people do their jobs and I know I could never do what they do because I am not creative or talented enough.

I get to help kids and that is its own reward. Thanks for your kind words, though and thanks for your contribution to the kids and their families who are dealing with very stressful life situations.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 9/12/2012 at 09:10 PM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerProphet's Avatar
    vCash

seems to be reports of an al qaeda group operating in libya.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerProphet View Post
    seems to be reports of an al qaeda group operating in libya.
    That's been floating around since this morning when I started watching all of this. Still there isn't any of them taking credit for it that I know of and that's kind of odd from what some Talking heads and the experts they are using today.

Another thing that just seems weird.

Was watching a show on our Snipers in Iraq and they just couldn't believe that after you saw 100's of your fellow soldiers have their head or Full body mass blown away....they would continue to wear ski masks. Possibly Al-Queda is learning to not take credit and make themselves a target instantly?