Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Smile Wonder were there any significance to Fluke wearing a "SCARLET dress?

When she were talkin about all of us a payin fer her No Knock pills?

Plus ya gots to admit her a talkin just before ole Slick prolly got his blood a pumping
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Wonder were there any significance to Fluke wearing a "SCARLET dress?

Always nice to be called a bigot because you disagree with someone. That type of arguement just snaps me right around to wanting to see their point of view. Geez.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 LiveLaughLove's Avatar
    vCash

She went to a catholic school specifically to try and force their hand. Before wanting the pill paid for by the school she wanted the school to pay for sex change surgeries.

It was only when contraception became the hot button that she started pushing harder for it.

Her agenda all along was the forcing of catholics to pay for things they are morally opposed to.

She's a scumbag of the nth degree. And that's pretty bad.
    "We still find the greedy hand of government thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry, and grasping at the spoil of the multitude. Invention is continually exercised to furnish new pretenses for revenue and taxation. It watches prosperity as its prey and permits none to escape without a tribute."
    -- Thomas Paine

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLove View Post
    She went to a catholic school specifically to try and force their hand. Before wanting the pill paid for by the school she wanted the school to pay for sex change surgeries.

It was only when contraception became the hot button that she started pushing harder for it.

Her agenda all along was the forcing of catholics to pay for things they are morally opposed to.

She's a scumbag of the nth degree. And that's pretty bad.
    Yeah, she is. The group with the highest rate of peverty and the highest increase in the rate of falling into poverty is single women. That also happens to be the group with the highest support for the democrats and their social policies.

Go figure.

The democrats plan for the rest of us? Do the same bang up job that they have done with blacks and single women. Sorry, but I think I will pass.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I applaud Fluke on her ideological consistency, I think her views require a bit of consideration. The DSM-V does actually recognize several forms of gender identity disorder, for which gender reassignment is the necessary remedy. It's time we stop stigmatizing mental illness and realize that it can be just as debilitating as a torn ACL or painful kidney stones (expensive fixes which are likely covered by the Georgetown insurance plan). Those who object to her position are stuck in a past where mental illness is something which can be changed simply by slapping someone upside the head and telling them not to be a jackass. It doesn't work that way.

If Georgetown was a seminary, I'd agree that it shouldn't be required to do anything its religion specifies as verboten. Georgetown, however, has elected all on its own to participate in the secular education business. It charges big bucks (about $22,000 per semester for tuition alone) [http://studentaccounts.georgetown.edu/information/tuitionandfees/1213listing.html for its services and in turn pays the faculty and staff handsome salaries. The school's tuition far exceeds that of most for-profit entities, so the mere nomenclature of "not-for-profit" is absurd.

It'd be like saying Chick Fil-A doesn't have to adhere to OSHA requirements because their religion says it doesn't have to. We can't allow such loopholes where the exceptions basically devour the rule.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member XingTheRubicon's Avatar
    vCash

I'm so pleased that I will never have to step up to a microphone and beg for people to buy me things. Even though apparently, you get a standing ovation for it nowadays. What a pathetic ****ing group of people. Not one ounce of pride.

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

vCash

Midtowner, can you comment on the fact that the 2 demographic groups that have the highest level of support for the democrats are doing the worst economically on every single measurable economic indicator?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Midtowner, can you comment on the fact that the 2 demographic groups that have the highest level of support for the democrats are doing the worst economically on every single measurable economic indicator?
    Sure. Those groups have historically always been very vulnerable in economic downturns. What would you have thought if Obama's administration had come up with a new Executive Order providing exclusive access to government jobs only to single women and blacks? Or perhaps some other something aimed at those specific groups. You'd have likely **** a brick. So while complaining about these groups' adherence to the Democrats, I'm guessing you don't have a plan to target and help these groups?

The fact is the Republican Party's answer is to lower (or do away with) the minimum wage, eliminate workplace protections, eliminate environmental regulation, which would disproportionately harm the poor and African American communities which tend to be closer to pollution centers, etc. Not to mention the whole GOP voter ID program which has been designed to disenfranchise minorities at the ballot box. As for single women, you want to single out their birth control as something healthcare shouldn't cover and you want to close down Planned Parenthood, which during 99% of the time is performing services other than abortions for lower-income women.

vCash

So basically you're saying that they continue to do poorly because we haven't spent enough money or given them enough preferential treatment and that you are convinced they would be doing even worse if left to compete equally with other groups.

It would appear that your message is the same as the democrats message.....you better stay dependent on us or you are screwed because you are incapable of improving your own life situations without our help. Never ending dependence on government.

Gotcha.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    So basically you're saying that they continue to do poorly because we haven't spent enough money or given them enough preferential treatment and that you are convinced they would be doing even worse if left to compete equally with other groups.
    When you are born poor to parents with felonies, single parent households in areas with horrible schools (which is all much more likely if you're black) or if you're providing childcare all on your own, not receiving child support, and are less likely to earn as much as your male counterparts for the same job, as single women, you're basically fighting the economic fight with one or both hands tied behind your back. Preferential treatment would get your panties in a wad? Okay, so what's your proposal to help bring these folks up out of poverty? How about increasing funding at urban schools, creating residential urban schools where work ethic and work culture can be taught costing us billions of taxpayer dollars? How would you like that? How about comprehensive daycare and early childhood development programs as well as increased access to higher education for single parents and minorities?

It's easy to be born on third base and think you hit a triple.

It would appear that your message is the same as the democrats message.....you better stay dependent on us or you are screwed because you are incapable of improving your own life situations without our help. Never ending dependence on government.
    I'm all about economic rehabilitation programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    I applaud Fluke on her ideological consistency, I think her views require a bit of consideration. The DSM-V does actually recognize several forms of gender identity disorder, for which gender reassignment is the necessary remedy.
    The DSM-V now also recognizes body integrity identity disorder, but I don't see too many people pushing for taxpayer-funded amputation of healthy limbs.
    None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TitoMorelli View Post
    The DSM-V now also recognizes body integrity identity disorder, but I don't see too many people pushing for taxpayer-funded amputation of healthy limbs.
    I'm fine with that too.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KABOOKIE's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TitoMorelli View Post
    They are called democrats and tax funded surgeries to remove their heads from their asses will be next. That I am all for.
    Last edited by KABOOKIE; 9/6/2012 at 10:20 AM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KABOOKIE View Post
    They are called democrats and tax funded surgeries to remove their heads from their asses will be next. That I am all for.
    Most of these surgeries would be covered by insurance. The Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement rates would probably be very low. Typically, these surgeries are done overseas these days. I wouldn't mind that practice continuing as a means of cost savings.

vCash

When you are born poor to parents with felonies, single parent households in areas with horrible schools (which is all much more likely if you're black)
    And why is that? Please don't give the slavery argument - the Vietnamese who came to the US have done damn well.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU68 View Post
    And why is that? Please don't give the slavery argument - the Vietnamese who came to the US have done damn well.
    The Vietnamese live in communities which culturally value education, and for those who aren't educated, the Vietnamese very selectively employ their own in Vietnamese businesses. Vietnamese folks are MUCH less likely to have single parents or parents who are in prison, parents who use drugs or parents who are the products of generational poverty. Also, this country does not have a history of, not even that long ago, engaging in blatant racial apartheid which has gone ignored for the most part. Oppressing a racial minority for 100s of years, ghettoizing them and then one day saying "you're equal, go get a job" isn't likely to work. Especially when they are more likely to be pulled over for made up traffic offenses (the DWB is very real), more likely to be discriminated against in the hiring process (try getting a job if your name is LaQuanda), etc.

You want to be born on third and think you hit a triple? Fine.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ton Loc's Avatar
    vCash

The Vietnamese live in communities which culturally value education, and for those who aren't educated, the Vietnamese very selectively employ their own in Vietnamese businesses. Vietnamese folks are MUCH less likely to have single parents or parents who are in prison, parents who use drugs or parents who are the products of generational poverty. Also, this country does not have a history of, not even that long ago, engaging in blatant racial apartheid which has gone ignored for the most part. Oppressing a racial minority for 100s of years, ghettoizing them and then one day saying "you're equal, go get a job" isn't likely to work. Especially when they are more likely to be pulled over for made up traffic offenses (the DWB is very real), more likely to be discriminated against in the hiring process (try getting a job if your name is LaQuanda), etc.

All well and good but damn if they don't have some sort of blame in this. They hit at least a double just being born in the US. Single mothers raising 4 kids before they hit 21, Dad's that don't give a **** about them. Until something is done about that not a thing will change.
    It takes one to know one, and I know you don't know a damn thing.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ton Loc View Post
    All well and good but damn if they don't have some sort of blame in this. They hit at least a double just being born in the US. Single mothers raising 4 kids before they hit 21, Dad's that don't give a **** about them. Until something is done about that not a thing will change.
    I've always been in favor of offering cash payments in the $5K range to mothers who have had their parental rights terminated in deprived proceedings to get their tubes tied. I don't have a lot of sympathy for the adults, but the children deserve a lot more than we're giving them. We need to do something radical like that to make inroads here. I volunteer sometimes on the juvenile deprived show cause dockets in Oklahoma County representing the kids after they are taken into state custody. I can't tell you how many times mom has shown up to the hearing high on God knows what, this having been the 10th+ child she's had taken away.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that being born addicted to methamphetamine, severely underweight and undernourished and stuck in the foster care system is hardly hitting a double no matter what country you're in.

In Oklahoma alone, we cut over 20% in our education budget over the last few years, cuts which have disproportionately harmed the children of the poor. If we're wanting to give them a hand up out of poverty, why do we keep kicking their hands as they try to climb the ladder out?

And they lived in even worse conditions in their home country, with even greater obstacles standing between them and the lives they desired.
    None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ton Loc View Post
    I've always been in favor of offering cash payments in the $5K range to mothers who have had their parental rights terminated in deprived proceedings to get their tubes tied. I don't have a lot of sympathy for the adults, but the children deserve a lot more than we're giving them. We need to do something radical like that to make inroads here. I volunteer sometimes on the juvenile deprived show cause dockets in Oklahoma County representing the kids after they are taken into state custody. I can't tell you how many times mom has shown up to the hearing high on God knows what, this having been the 10th+ child she's had taken away.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that being born addicted to methamphetamine, severely underweight and undernourished and stuck in the foster care system is hardly hitting a double no matter what country you're in.

In Oklahoma alone, we cut over 20% in our education budget over the last few years, cuts which have disproportionately harmed the children of the poor. If we're wanting to give them a hand up out of poverty, why do we keep kicking their hands as they try to climb the ladder out?