Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Last Time the D didn't allow any points was.....

When we shut down ISU in 2010, right?

vCash

Re: Last Time the D didn't allow any points was.....

I really liked the Way Mike Coached em to Make the UTEP Kickers miss those FGs
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CatfishSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    YES! that was Key!!
    Wakey Wakey Eggs & Bakey...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 AZSOONER's Avatar
    vCash

If a win is a win, then a Defensive shutout is still a shut out. I'll take it. Good job guys!!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by AZSOONER View Post
    If a win is a win, then a Defensive shutout is still a shut out. I'll take it. Good job guys!!!!
    I aint complainin Aint Braggin either
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

UTEP didn't miss those field goals, Oklahoma blocked all of those field goals.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 IronHorseSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimsoncrusader View Post
    UTEP didn't miss those field goals, Oklahoma blocked all of those field goals.
    As a former kicker, I can see why those guys missed them. Just like you don't have to get to the QB all of the time to mess with him- the same is with kickers. All of those kicks came from the left hashmark. We put an overload to one side, which caused them to over compensate and push (right-footer)/ pull (left-footer). It was pretty smart; however, the only bad thing about overloading on STs is that you make yourself susceptible to a fake. If the upback/holder has the latitude to audible, you can pick-up an easy first down.

As for our miss, it was a miss-hit. Hunnicutt hit the upper half of the ball, not the lower half. Most times, this is due to bad timing. As per some of the ways things looked last night, it was par for the course.
    "Texas might have made some concessions and they might be in the same conference as Oklahoma, but they're not in the same league."

Rece Davis College Football Final 8 OCT 2011

vCash

Pass defense killed us last year not last night though

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by IronHorseSooner View Post
    As a former kicker, I can see why those guys missed them. Just like you don't have to get to the QB all of the time to mess with him- the same is with kickers. All of those kicks came from the left hashmark. We put an overload to one side, which caused them to over compensate and push (right-footer)/ pull (left-footer). It was pretty smart; however, the only bad thing about overloading on STs is that you make yourself susceptible to a fake. If the upback/holder has the latitude to audible, you can pick-up an easy first down.

As for our miss, it was a miss-hit. Hunnicutt hit the upper half of the ball, not the lower half. Most times, this is due to bad timing. As per some of the ways things looked last night, it was par for the course.
    I'm betting it was in large part due to the fact that Tress had let go of the ball at virtually the same time that Hunnicutt's leg started on its downswing. That one was totally on the holder, or in this case, lack thereof.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 85sooners View Post
    Pass defense killed us last year not last night though
    In fairness to UTEP, we were getting away with murder in the secondary. I thought our timing was a little off in terms of the DBs challenging the ball.

That's one thing though that I'm glad Martinez brought to the fold. Our DBs were instantly more aggressive when he was hired. That they couldn't cover my basset hound was an unfortunate oversight.

Actual Poor Student SoonerofAlabama's Avatar
    vCash

When's the last time a true freshman had a 100-yard game in his debut?