Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BermudaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

OSU Fan encounter...kinda funny?

So there I was...the end of a long multi-leg flight from Munich back to OKC through Chicago Ohare, proudly sporting my crimson and cream OU golf shirt. I notice as I am getting situated in my seat for the last leg, a 2 hour flight from ORD to OKC, that Brandon Weeden is getting on the plane. He is chatting up some girl (GF maybe?) about someone coming out to a pre-season game or whatever. I see him later as we get off the plane in OKC and wait for our gate checked bags.

I make my way to the elevator to go up to the parking garage, and there is a 40ish year old woman and what I assume is her father waiting for the elevator as well. Our conversation goes something like this:

40 YO chick: "Heh, OU fan huh? We beat you! OSU! Yea!"

Me: "Yep, you did."

40 YO chick "Yea, OSU!"

Me: "Were you on the Chicago flight. Brandon Weeden was on the plane."

40 YO chick "Huh? I don't know who that is."

Me: "Ummm. He was your quarterback...for at least the last 2 or 3 years...just got drafted...red hair, kinda goofy looking...ring any bells?"

40 YO chick "Oh, well, I don't really know any of the players. I just like OSU. Yeah, go OSU!!!"

40 YO chick's dad "Yea, he was the QB. Probably should know at least the QB if you are going to be a fan."
    "You get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right."---Penn Jillette

"It's what I do, I drink and I know things."---Tyrion Lannister

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: OSU Fan encounter...kinda funny?

Poke happens.

vCash

LOL
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Was she blonde?

vCash

An OSU grad friend once said "You know how OSU and OU fans are alike?" and I was like "Both applied to OU?" She thought it was funny, she was a cool Poke.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SouthFortySooner's Avatar
    vCash

Ya know yer crackin the lid on the ole, 'what does it take to be a real fan' can!
    " Ok children put your hands on your heart... and face Norman."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    An OSU grad friend once said "You know how OSU and OU fans are alike?" and I was like "Both applied to OU?" She thought it was funny, she was a cool Poke.
    You know someone is gonna make a joke outta this right?
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SouthFortySooner View Post
    Ya know yer crackin the lid on the ole, 'what does it take to be a real fan' can!
    It's not about being a "real fan," it's earning the right to taunt. If you cannot name the quarterback that led OSU to victory that gloriously awful day (it really was - 100 percent chance of rain and all) then you don't have a right to mock Sooners about it!

The fact that I am aware that BRANDON WEEDEN ONCE FUMBLED IN VICTORY FORMATION means that I am allowed to taunt Pokes about it.

Very typical OSU fan(?). Most are just anti-OU people, that know nothing about OSU, it is just the other school....I have asked several so-called OSU fans the words to their fight song "Ride, Ride, Ride" and none have ever been able to tell me. I even asked an ex-Pistol Pete, and he didn't know.

Other than their golf and wrestling programs, what do they have? Wannabes.......

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Poke happens.

Laughed out loud at that.

I wasn't a witness to this, but I heard a rumor once that the '81 Pokes lost big at home to Nebraska, but their fans didn't even really care. That was the same day that OU lost on the last play of the game to USC out in LA. As long as OU had a gut-wrenching loss to deal with, they could easily accept a 54-7 home loss without hesitation.

vCash

Meh, I'd believe it. Remember when the Pokes ended up on the SI cover after their Georgia home win? They got the cover cuz we lost (Sammie's shoulder for pretty much the entire season on a freak hit) to BYU at Jerryworld on the same day. And Pokes enjoyed their win even more cuz of it.

It is what it is. I have tried to attempt to hate the Pokes like a rival on here, but I really just don't care.

HMFIC
    vCash

Not that I wasted my time counting, but I believe their fight song may have even fewer words (not counting repeats) than ours does.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Not that I wasted my time counting, but I believe their fight song may have even fewer words (not counting repeats) than ours does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poke athletic site
    "Ride 'Em Cowboys" Lyrics

Ride, ride, ride, ride, (1)
    Ride'em (2) Cowboys, (3)
    Right (4)down (5)the (6) field! (7)
    Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! (8)
    Fight'em Cowboys, and (9)never (10) yield! (11)
    Ride, ride, ride, ride,
    Ride on, Cowboys, to (12) victory; (13)
    Cross (14) (opponent)s (15) goal; (16)
    Then (17) we'll (18) sing (19) 'O-kla-homa (20) State!' (21)
    Quote Originally Posted by SS.com
    Boomer (1)Sooner (2), Boomer Sooner
    Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner
    Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner
    Boomer Sooner, OK (3) U (4)!

Oklahoma (5), Oklahoma
    Oklahoma, Oklahoma
    Oklahoma, Oklahoma
    Oklahoma, OK U!

I'm (6) a (7) Sooner (8) born (9) and (10) Sooner bred (11)
    and when (12) I (13) die (14), I'll (15)be (16)Sooner dead (17)
    Rah (18)Oklahoma (19), Rah Oklahoma
    Rah Oklahoma, OK U!
    Poke edges OU, 21-19 unless I counted wrong

Thats kind of stuff is unavoidable. You would think with all the airport security though, that you would be safe there.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    vCash

My standard comeback: "Wanna put some cash on this year's game?"

Silencio.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by NMSooner'80 View Post
    I wasn't a witness to this, but I heard a rumor once that the '81 Pokes lost big at home to Nebraska, but their fans didn't even really care. That was the same day that OU lost on the last play of the game to USC out in LA. As long as OU had a gut-wrenching loss to deal with, they could easily accept a 54-7 home loss without hesitation.
    This is exactly why one day a year (UT-OSU) it's hook 'em horns for me. Obviously, living in Kansas, I don't have the biggest sample size to deal with, but I'd say over the years I've had conversations with around 150-200 OSU "fans" up here. NOT A SINGLE ONE has been able to look me in the eye & deny that they'd consider it a good day if both OU & OSU lost. Not one. At least UT fans have higher aspirations than being the university of I hate OU, & I can at least respect that. At UT, a 4 win season with a win over OU gets you fired. At OSU, a 4 win season with a win over OU gets the entire senior class medallions.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
    This is exactly why one day a year (UT-OSU) it's hook 'em horns for me. Obviously, living in Kansas, I don't have the biggest sample size to deal with, but I'd say over the years I've had conversations with around 150-200 OSU "fans" up here. NOT A SINGLE ONE has been able to look me in the eye & deny that they'd consider it a good day if both OU & OSU lost. Not one. At least UT fans have higher aspirations than being the university of I hate OU, & I can at least respect that. At UT, a 4 win season with a win over OU gets you fired. At OSU, a 4 win season with a win over OU gets the entire senior class medallions.
    I know several Texas fans that reserve their hate for the RRR, and otherwise pull for OU in OOC games. I can't say I know any pokes that do that. That's the definition of "having been there before".

I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

What does an OSU fan do after his team wins the National Championship?

Turns off his playstation and goes to bed.
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

I bet she could not tell you when osu's last victory against OU was, or how many years it has been. She probably wasn't even a fan when they last beat OU.