Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner Starter
    vCash

Brittney Griner Declines Playing in 2012 Olympics!

I find this very interesting. She must not be doing well in class with her General Studies major and therefore, has to attend summer classes to stay eligible. She didn't appear to miss any games this year due to the family illness/school issues. If the family illness were the issue, you would think she'd be staying in Houston all summer thus unable to attend classes in Wacko.

Somethings fishy in Wacko and I'm sure Skeletor has her hands in the big middle of it!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...ion/54417992/1

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...rTT_story.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....ap/index.html

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: Brittney Griner Declines Playing in 2012 Olympics!

OK, so your thoughts immediately went to her college eligibility issue, whereas NP and I were like "Gee, I wonder if she'll EVER play in the Olympics, heh heh heh..."

So... yeah... I wonder if she will ever play in the Olympics... hmmmmm....

Administrator
    vCash

She missed her only shot at me cheering for her. Unless she plays in 2016 of course.

vCash

I really hope everyone here can rise above the petty, vile, and vicious rumors, but that's likely wishful thinking.

The truth is, her mother has been in declining health all season. She mentioned all season how she was praying for her mom and wished she could have attended more of her games. She took another bad turn right after the NC game, and that is the reason Griner declined.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 AlboSooner's Avatar
    vCash

We are always more willing to give the benefit of the doubt to those whom we like, or cheer for. Whereas for those we don't like and don't root for, we easily submerge in the petty, vile, and vicious rumors.

Selective piety.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I really hope everyone here can rise above the petty, vile, and vicious rumors, but that's likely wishful thinking.
    Right... let's just stick with her punchy punchy ejection ejection public personality for being anti-Griner, because dunking on a little sisters of the poor minor Texas school team when you're up by 100 or so is soooo likable and I can't understand why anyone would ever think anything bad about her.

The truth is, her mother has been in declining health all season. She mentioned all season how she was praying for her mom and wished she could have attended more of her games. She took another bad turn right after the NC game, and that is the reason Griner declined.
    Thoughts and prayers with her mother if so... but still wonder if she'll decline in another four years to participate in the Rio games.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

She has a penis and not good enough to make it on the mens olympic team. end of story

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by oumartin View Post
    She has a penis and not good enough to make it on the mens olympic team. end of story
    So I decided to meander over to our counterparts on ouhoops.com, because they are the "we love baylor" side of the womens basketball conversation compared to here (I only speak the truth, not a knock on ouhoops or anything) and even they are questioning the validity of this untimely dropout of olympic consideration. I also checked it out because those guys know WAAAAY more about womens basketball than I ever care to find out and were able to provide more insight, such as:

1- If this is academic issues, it is pathetic, because she is a general studies major with emphasis on outdoor recreation. For any lurkers that try to say that "Some of OU's athletes are University Studies majors - I saw it during a game!" I'd like to add that this is because they are classified in the "University College" program until they declare a major and for sports broadcast purposes are designated "University Studies" till they declare a major. As per NCAA rules, all athletes, Sooners included, must declare a major by their junior year to stay academically eligible. As such, you will not see any of our athletes graduate in "University Studies." I dare say that no Sooner will graduate with a major in "general students with emphasis on outdoor recreation" either.

2- If this is family issues, I expect this to be a one-time excuse. If this is an excuse again in four years to get our of Rio's 2016 games, two years to get out of the World Championships, one year to get out of the WNBA, or an excuse in a few months to not play her senior year at Baylor, then don't expect anyone to continue buying it.

3- Even our Baylor loving counterparts are suggesting shenanigans at this point, so it's fair to bring up here, no matter how much she's been teased and bullied in her childhood. Here's a link to what they're saying. And here's the Cliff's Notes's version:

- Baylor could get their wins, championships, etc. retroactively removed in a few years if there are shenanigans. Oh boy, come ON, shenanigans!!!
    - Skeletor has always cherished her Olympic gold medal experience and would likely STRONGLY encourage one of her own players to go for the gold too... if there weren't shenanigans.
    - Cold War East Germans!

Anyway, I'm not just sick of losing to Baylor at this point, I'm sick of what being suspicious of shenanigans when they really, really seem afoot at this point and this just adds fuel to the fire. If you think we're being cruel or unfair, just jump onto ESPN.com sometime and check out the comments sections (that they don't EVER moderate). Odds are, the comments section on any given story has been hijacked into a Griner discussion... and they are far more unkind than any of us ever will be here. It puts Lin "Chink in the Armor" headlines to shame for offensiveness. I'm sure many of you know what I'm talking about.

Oh, and in before the "I swear to gawd I'm gonna pistol whip the next one that says 'shenanigans'"

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    So I decided to meander over to our counterparts on ouhoops.com, because they are the "we love baylor" side of the womens basketball conversation compared to here (I only speak the truth, not a knock on ouhoops or anything) and even they are questioning the validity of this untimely dropout of olympic consideration. I also checked it out because those guys know WAAAAY more about womens basketball than I ever care to find out and were able to provide more insight, such as:

1- If this is academic issues, it is pathetic, because she is a general studies major with emphasis on outdoor recreation. For any lurkers that try to say that "Some of OU's athletes are University Studies majors - I saw it during a game!" I'd like to add that this is because they are classified in the "University College" program until they declare a major and for sports broadcast purposes are designated "University Studies" till they declare a major. As per NCAA rules, all athletes, Sooners included, must declare a major by their junior year to stay academically eligible. As such, you will not see any of our athletes graduate in "University Studies." I dare say that no Sooner will graduate with a major in "general students with emphasis on outdoor recreation" either.

2- If this is family issues, I expect this to be a one-time excuse. If this is an excuse again in four years to get our of Rio's 2016 games, two years to get out of the World Championships, one year to get out of the WNBA, or an excuse in a few months to not play her senior year at Baylor, then don't expect anyone to continue buying it.

3- Even our Baylor loving counterparts are suggesting shenanigans at this point, so it's fair to bring up here, no matter how much she's been teased and bullied in her childhood. Here's a link to what they're saying. And here's the Cliff's Notes's version:

- Baylor could get their wins, championships, etc. retroactively removed in a few years if there are shenanigans. Oh boy, come ON, shenanigans!!!
    - Skeletor has always cherished her Olympic gold medal experience and would likely STRONGLY encourage one of her own players to go for the gold too... if there weren't shenanigans.
    - Cold War East Germans!

Anyway, I'm not just sick of losing to Baylor at this point, I'm sick of what being suspicious of shenanigans when they really, really seem afoot at this point and this just adds fuel to the fire. If you think we're being cruel or unfair, just jump onto ESPN.com sometime and check out the comments sections (that they don't EVER moderate). Odds are, the comments section on any given story has been hijacked into a Griner discussion... and they are far more unkind than any of us ever will be here. It puts Lin "Chink in the Armor" headlines to shame for offensiveness. I'm sure many of you know what I'm talking about.

Oh, and in before the "I swear to gawd I'm gonna pistol whip the next one that says 'shenanigans'"
    Great points (the three reasons).

It will be interesting one way or another.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

- Cold War East Germans!

Totally agree, Badger!

Skeletor wrote that release, I'd bet a million dollars. I'm guessing that Skeletor doesn't want to take a chance during Olympic games that something happen to disqualify Griner which would maybe keep her from playing at Hypocrite U next year and keep Skeletor from playing for another NC. Skeletor is ALL for Skeletor, nothing else! She is a spoiled rotten brat and will do anything to benefit her cause (i.e. - see recruiting violations from a couple of weeks ago!).

If this girl (Griner) cannot play in the Olympics this summer because of needing to address schoolwork as a General Studies major - Outdoor Recreation, she's borderline being ineligible! Hearing her converse on camera makes it extremely possible she's having school trouble. But I think this is just a Skeletor smokescreen!

If her mother is ill I hope she honestly get well. The illness, however, didn't keep her from any NCAA tourney games but it did keep her (supposedly) from attending an awards ceremony in which she won a national award (this would have been a 6-8 hour trip and it didn't keep her from attending class that day and then driving to Houston to tend to ill family member per reports). If the family member (mother) is seriously ill I would think that Griner would be staying in Houston and not attending class at this time (getting an excused absence).

There is something fishy going on in Wacko and Skeletor has her hands in the middle of it IMO!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post

I'm sorry, that elbow she threw on James Hadren was uncalled for.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

And just for kicks. How in the hell is assuming she's on steroids wishful thinking? I could care less.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

Girlfriend! You're a mother, act like one.
    Chuck's version of Christmas is the Anti-SicEm-
    SicEmBaylor

vCash

Pathetic.
    Aggie.
    Butthurt.
    Jealousy.
    Envy.
    Pettiness.
    Adolescent.
    Disgusting.

All of those are on full display in this thread.

vCash

Girlfriend! You're a mother, act like one.
    I am not raising the next Brittney Griner... but based on how much baby badger likes to cry to get her way, I may be raising the next Kim Mulkey. Feed me... another bitterness pill so I can continue to be bitter at La Tech, my ex-husband and father. Change me... from being at a school on the outside looking in at conference reallignment to being at a school not on the verge of going to the Sun Belt. Cuddle me... and my players you media types or hear my eternal wrath. Dress me... in the ugliest clothes that a college coach that can be dressed in. Don't put me to sleep... a minor private Baptist school can TOO have a bigtime program in a non-revenue sport!

Sooner Starter
    vCash

I am not raising the next Brittney Griner... but based on how much baby badger likes to cry to get her way, I may be raising the next Kim Mulkey. Feed me... another bitterness pill so I can continue to be bitter at La Tech, my ex-husband and father. Change me... from being at a school on the outside looking in at conference reallignment to being at a school not on the verge of going to the Sun Belt. Cuddle me... and my players you media types or hear my eternal wrath. Dress me... in the ugliest clothes that a college coach that can be dressed in. Don't put me to sleep... a minor private Baptist school can TOO have a bigtime program in a non-revenue sport!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

Blah, blah, blah...My favorite politician quote was when Anand Panyarachun was prime minister of Thailand and a young female reporter asked him a stupid question in Singapore. He looked at her and said: "And you are a mother?" That was an epic public put down as mothers are so venerated in Asian society. No offense, Badger, but mothers are held in much higher esteem than fathers and rightly so.
    Chuck's version of Christmas is the Anti-SicEm-
    SicEmBaylor

vCash

Can we quit talking about mothers and get back to admitting that there's something "not quite right" with Brittney Griner?
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OULenexaman's Avatar
    Back in beautiful crime free Lenexa...far away from all the Obama loving losers
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by oumartin View Post
    wonder if it's a little white penis or a long black schlong?

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    Can we quit talking about mothers and get back to admitting that there's something "not quite right" with Brittney Griner?
    We can't! Hypocrite U fans are trolling all the boards nationally checking out what people are saying about Skeletor et al! Can you say paranoia???