Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Apologies...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Apologies...

I think there's a "grab your ankles" ordinance at the TG...Last time I was there, so was STEP...and that boy can hit Ctl+Alt+Del with one hand...so I stayed out around the buffer zone.

OleVet Posse Instigator

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonercruiser's Avatar
    vCash

I'm sorry that all the libs and regressives on the site will be defending Obama up to the election by deflecting attention away from the real issues and his miserable record as POTUS.
    How can there be too many children?
    That is like saying there are too many flowers.
    Mother Teresa

-------------------
    (Or, too many tax-payers!)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    I think there's a "grab your ankles" ordinance at the TG...Last time I was there, so was STEP...and that boy can hit Ctl+Alt+Del with one hand...so I stayed out around the buffer zone.
    I'm sorry that I've never met STEP if he can hit Ctl+Alt+Del with one hand. Re-booting is not easy.
    Chuck's version of Christmas is the Anti-SicEm-
    SicEmBaylor

vCash

I'd like to apologize to President Clinton. I did a large part of my growing up in the 90's. I became highly interested in politics in 4th grade, and I naturally gravitated to the right. Bill Clinton was the boogeyman. I wasn't scared of a monster coming into my room at night -- I was scared of Janet Reno breaking down my door with her jackbooted fascist thugs from the ATF. Bill Clinton was Satan incarnate.

HOWEVER, I am far far more objective and far far less partisan today than I used to be. Long gone are the days since I passed out Dole/Kemp buttons in 8th grade. No, today I am able to take a look back and put the 90's and President Clinton's administration into into its proper context.

First, a caveat: I still absolutely positively do not approve of his Justice Department or Janet Reno. I think they were as big a threat to the liberty of the individual American than anyone in the post war era notwithstanding the current administration. Having said that, President Clinton was also the most conservative President since Ronald Reagan.

He kept the size of government in relative check.
    He balanced the budget.
    He oversaw a booming economy.
    He passed welfare and other social reforms.
    Aside from ill-conceived and minor nation building, he kept the projection of American power abroad in check.

All of this is far far more conservative than the actions of his successor whose policies were in stark contrast. For all of those reasons, I apologize.

I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

sorry.jpg

Sorrrrry...
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I'm sorry JFK had a bunch of dead folks for for him in Cook County, IL. And I'm really sorry he picked a dumbazz like LBJ to be his veep.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa_Fireman View Post
    Let's quit screwing around here, gang. Post your most heartfelt, politically motivated apology.
    I'm sorry that no political party can ever depend on my vote for anything.

I'm sorry that I don't vote in every single election that I'm eligible to, but I promise that I try to.

I'm sorry that I bring my (quite friendly) dogs to the door when campaigners and candidates come knocking/doorbell ringing, just to see how they react. It's the Jehovah's Witness treatment... and apologies to SF.com's Jehovah's Witnesses in advance. Nothing makes non-dog people run from my door like seeing my dogs.

I'm sorry that I've voted for few enough Democrats that I can remember each one and have had to have a really good reason to each time. But I promise it was always a good reason. And I'm sorry that I haven't had the same demands for their Republican counterparts with my vote.

I'm sorry to decades of feminists for not voting Democrat. I know it goes against everything you stand for and everything you've fought for... or at least that's what they say. You know what... I'm not really sorry. Sorry for not being sorry.

I hope those are good political apologies.

One final one: I'm sorry in advance to crazy young North Korean dictator for your third failure at a nuclear launch. It must really, really suck to be spending so much of your country's food money on expensive toys that don't work.