Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Do as I say, Not as I do

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    In other news...

Romney files for extension on his 2011 tax return

By Blake Ellis @CNNMoney April 13, 2012: 7:07 PM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Like millions of other Americans, Mitt Romney isn't going to be ready to file his taxes on time this year.
    The former Massachusetts governor and his wife Ann filed for an extension for their 2011 taxes, according to tax forms released by the Romney campaign on Friday.

The documents included Form 4868, which grants taxpayers a six-month extension to file their returns. The form listed the Romneys' estimated tax liability as $3.2 million, and stated that the family has already made payments of $3.4 million. A second form showed that the Romneys applied a payment of $887,000 toward estimated taxes when they filed for the extension.

Earlier this year, the Romneys released an estimate of their 2011 taxes, which was the same $3.2 million amount that appeared on the extension form.

A campaign spokeswoman said they will release their 2011 tax return when it is filed, presumably within the next six months. She also noted that the couple has filed for extensions in prior years as well.
    For the 2010 tax year, the Romneys paid $3 million in taxes on $21.7 million in income.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/04/13/pf/t...sion/index.htm
    Even if you file for an extension you still have to make an estimated tax payment or you could be subject to penalties.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KABOOKIE's Avatar
    vCash

Hey oblama, kindly shut your racist, business hating loser ***. I can't wait until the liberals get kicked the ****ed out of office.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 AlboSooner's Avatar
    vCash

The oligarchy being the oligarchy. Oh the rage.

There is no fairness, nobility, justice, and equality. The middle class will be run to the ground, and this country with it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SCOUT's Avatar
    vCash

I had a conversation with someone, who shall remain nameless, recently that speaks to the class warfare that is taking place. I was doing them a favor and preparing their taxes for them. I used Turbotax as their filing was pretty simple and I am not an accountant. It was merely a favor. I explained that they were getting a refund of X dollars. They complained that this was an example of the rich getting richer because my wife had disclosed that my refund was 3 times their refund. They think I am rich, by the way.

I had to explain that they were refunded 100% of their taxes plus $305 from the earned income tax credit. Me, not so much.

For the record, I am not rich. Even by President Obama's standard.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    True. And it's not like Romney does his own taxes. When you start dealing with tax situations like that, you're pretty much going to always be involving large accounting firms.

As far as the President's situation, it's not a "tax shelter." Saying as much demonstrates that the writer doesn't really have much of a grasp on the tax code or what he's writing about. The Obamas have already paid taxes on that money. Their daughters simply don't have to pay gift tax on that money as it is gifted to them or their trusts or whatever. There's a 12K per year limit (24K for couples) on gifts coupled with a gift and estate combined $5MM lifetime limitation. If you've ever inherited something and not had to pay estate taxes, you're basically taking advantage of the same part of the Tax Code the Obamas are.
    Last I knew it was $10,000. I didn't know what the lifetime max was though and didn't know there was a max....I just thought it was around $10,000 a year. Of course I don't sit around reading the tax codes like Vet does. When he's not pouring through the tax code he's usually busy trying to get the smell of stupid out of his furniture.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SCOUT View Post
    I had a conversation with someone, who shall remain nameless, recently that speaks to the class warfare that is taking place. I was doing them a favor and preparing their taxes for them. I used Turbotax as their filing was pretty simple and I am not an accountant. It was merely a favor. I explained that they were getting a refund of X dollars. They complained that this was an example of the rich getting richer because my wife had disclosed that my refund was 3 times their refund. They think I am rich, by the way.

I had to explain that they were refunded 100% of their taxes plus $305 from the earned income tax credit. Me, not so much.

For the record, I am not rich. Even by President Obama's standard.
    Sounds like they could have gotten the same favor for free from H&R Block without bugging you?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by AlboSooner View Post
    The oligarchy being the oligarchy. Oh the rage.

There is no fairness, nobility, justice, and equality. The middle class will be run to the ground, and this country with it.
    As long as folks keep voting for the same Republicans and Democrats, this will be the case. Both parties are agents of the ruling class. Dumb people will continue to vote against their own self interests.

vCash

Last I knew it was $10,000. I didn't know what the lifetime max was though and didn't know there was a max....I just thought it was around $10,000 a year. Of course I don't sit around reading the tax codes like Vet does. When he's not pouring through the tax code he's usually busy trying to get the smell of stupid out of his furniture.
    How does trying to remove the smell of stupid compare to trying to remove the smell of pharmaceuticals?
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    How does trying to remove the smell of stupid compare to trying to remove the smell of pharmaceuticals?
    It must really hurt when he gets his panties in that big a wad.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    It must really hurt when he gets his panties in that big a wad.
    Yup, I think you done gone and hurt his feelers or something? He sure is an angry little fella these days.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    Yup, I think you done gone and hurt his feelers or something? He sure is an angry little fella these days.
    Heh, He says Im always taking jabs at HIM .

Hell for the most part I ignore his ramblings
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Heh, He says Im always taking jabs at HIM .

Hell for the most part I ignore his ramblings
    As we all prolly should.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SCOUT's Avatar
    vCash

Sounds like they could have gotten the same favor for free from H&R Block without bugging you?
    My taxes are not quite so simple so I have a license to this year's iteration of turbo tax anyway. Free from H&R Block is similar to the free from me. I do believe you missed the more important point somehow.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KABOOKIE View Post
    Hey oblama, kindly shut your racist, business hating loser ***. I can't wait until the liberals get kicked the ****ed out of office.
    you okay there, buddy?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KABOOKIE's Avatar
    vCash
    Hell no. I ain't been right for a long time. But Mr commie loving, capitalism hating, dog eating racist has got to go!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonercruiser's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sappstuf View Post
    I thought Obama didn't like "fat cats" who used loopholes to get away from paying their "fair share"...
    You talking about GE and Jeffy Imelt?

Green" with envy, I am.
    How can there be too many children?
    That is like saying there are too many flowers.
    Mother Teresa

-------------------
    (Or, too many tax-payers!)

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I don't care that Obama is doing that and more families should be setting aside money for college expenses early-on. It's the thing that American families save their entire lives for, much like Indian families save to have a lavish wedding for their child, and Chinese families save to be able to have a dowry to marry off their son (girl shortage = pay tons to get son married to one of the few available brides).