Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Doesn't anybody proof read anymore?

Oklahoma goes beyond Belldozer package in spring game
    Posted by Ben Kercheval on April 14, 2012, 7:17 PM EDT

Much like 2011, Oklahoma enters 2012 as the favorites to win the Big 12 title once again. You know what they say: it all starts in spring.
    Today’s Red-White game was less about some returning starters (see quarterback Landry Jones) and more about the supporting cast. Case in point, backup quarterback Blake Bell, who was used a short-yardage wrecking ball last year and little else.
    Bell ended up having the best day of any QB, going 14-of-19 for 179 yards and a touchdown; his rushing stats, on the contrary, included just two “rushes”. Not that surprising when you consider health is the No. 1 priority for coach Bob Stoops.
    But who Bell was throwing to was the highlight of the 22-21 game won by the Red team. Trey Metoyer has been a superstar this spring and ended up with six grabs for 72 yards. Jaz Reynolds and Kenny Stills each had a pair of touchdowns with the former pulling in a touchdown.
    “Offensively, I thought of course Trey [Metoyer] showed what I have been talking about all spring with his abilities to make plays,” Stoops said. “I thought the offense did a great job, just overall of taking care of the football.
    With Metoyer, Reynolds, Stills and Dominique Franks, the Sooners look like they have the best starting wide receiver group in the Big 12.

vCash

Re: Doesn't anybody proof read anymore?

Nope. Journalism is dead IMO.

And I don't know how the hell he came up with that last statement if he watched what I saw today.

I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

Heh... isn't "proofread" one word?
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Here's where the teach it...

posse member

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 IronHorseSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Wow, looks like we have Dom Franks back, AND HE'S A WR! Looks like we can take advantage of that NFL experience!
    "Texas might have made some concessions and they might be in the same conference as Oklahoma, but they're not in the same league."

Rece Davis College Football Final 8 OCT 2011