Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64

Thread: Drop the I word

  1. #41
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    Location
    Sparks Okla.
    Posts
    5,277
    vCash
    1355

    Re: Drop the I word

    Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Fine then. As I said, if parents can't care for their children, send them to foster care. The parents can starve for all I care. The worst thing to do is let welfare trash raise kids....cycle of poverty and all.
    Look, whatever you have done with Midtowner, its not too late to end this rationally. If he is still alive, release him, and turn yourself in.

    While you're here though. I have to mention you've hit on two of my favorite ideas:
    Go after the employers, not the illegals. Send them to jail, that will chill the whole problem fast.

    Bring back the orphanages. Kids would turn out better there than with most of these welfare parents.

  2. #42

    Re: Drop the I word

    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I'm going to take this opportunity to reiterate mine:

    1)End the war in Afghanistan. Close all of our overseas bases and bring all of our deployed troops back stateside.
    2)Deploy the US military to the border.
    3)Issue "shoot to kill" orders for any illegal attempting to cross.
    4)Impose massive fines and jail time for any employer who is caught employing illegal immigrants.
    5)Deport illegals on an "as they're found" basis.
    3) is a little much, but the idea of "one strike and you're out" as far as deportation would work for me

    i think the privatized prison business really needs to be worked out, personally

    California prisons are big business, and if they didn't have any illegals in them, i'm sure they would be losing a chunk of money and probably have a lot of lobbyists involved in keeping illegals in their prisons instead of going back home so taxpayers can keep paying for them

  3. #43
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    5,908
    vCash
    500

    Re: Drop the I word

    Quote Originally Posted by SanJoaquinSooner View Post
    They have been convicted of violating criminal code and are serving time. Have you ever violated criminal code, Okie? I won't call you Criminal Okie if you tell me you never have.
    An illegal's status is worse than a convicted criminal...illegals are guilty of committing a crime every second of every day they stay in the US. They are a perpetual crime machine that only ceases when they are deported or are perhaps executed.
    Last edited by okie52; 4/14/2012 at 10:44 AM.

  4. #44
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    4,730
    vCash
    500

    Re: Drop the I word

    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    3)Issue "shoot to kill" orders for any illegal attempting to cross.
    Meh.. no. Too expensive to patrol the border. My solution is land mines. We could defray costs by placing high traffic areas on PPV and giving cash prizes to the few who survived the crossing.

  5. #45
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    5,908
    vCash
    500

    Re: Drop the I word

    Hear! Hear!

  6. #46
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    4,730
    vCash
    500

    Re: Drop the I word

    Quote Originally Posted by cleller View Post
    Bring back the orphanages. Kids would turn out better there than with most of these welfare parents.
    I'm unsure about the orphanages. I have no idea why all 50 states turned away from them. Was it costs? Was it effectiveness? I do a significant amount of pro bono work representing kids against their deadbeat parents in juvenile deprived cases. I've seen foster parents who are just awesome people. I have to think that the foster parents option probably is better for the children than an orphanage, but I could be persuaded otherwise.

    Knowingly employing illegals should be a serious felony 5 years to do minimum sentence. We also ought to offer bounties on employers who get turned in--even fast track illegals who turn in their employers for citizenship status.

    We're not going to see any serious moves towards solving this problem. Big agriculture depends too much on illegal labor. I wouldn't mind paying a little more for my produce if it meant we were putting U.S. citizens to work at decent wages.

  7. #47
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sappstuf's Avatar
    Posts
    3,789
    vCash
    500

    Re: Drop the I word

    Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Meh.. no. Too expensive to patrol the border. My solution is land mines. We could defray costs by placing high traffic areas on PPV and giving cash prizes to the few who survived the crossing.
    Now your coming around.. Moats are good and catapults offer instant deportation..

    Just imagine putting a fake greencard in front of a human size catapult..



    Sproing!!!
    Last edited by sappstuf; 4/14/2012 at 11:54 PM.
    It is error alone which requires the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.

  8. #48
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sappstuf's Avatar
    Posts
    3,789
    vCash
    500

    Re: Drop the I word

    Double post.. Dang internet cutting in and out.
    Last edited by sappstuf; 4/14/2012 at 12:39 PM.
    It is error alone which requires the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.

  9. #49
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    Location
    Sparks Okla.
    Posts
    5,277
    vCash
    1355

    Re: Drop the I word

    Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Meh.. no. Too expensive to patrol the border. My solution is land mines. We could defray costs by placing high traffic areas on PPV and giving cash prizes to the few who survived the crossing.
    I want to emphasize that I agree with your views on the subjects we've discussed. I also want to remind you that as long as no serious harm comes to Midtowner, there can still be a peaceful end to this.

    Or alternately; who took you to the revival?

  10. #50
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    Location
    The Great San Joaquin Valley
    Posts
    6,568
    vCash
    1500

    Re: Drop the I word

    Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    An illegal's status is worse than a convicted criminal...illegals are guilty of committing a crime every second of every day they stay in the US. They are a perpetual crime machine that only ceases when they are deported or are perhaps executed.
    Criminal Okie, this is old territory. Unlawful presence is not a violation of criminal code. It is a civil code violation - unless the alien was once deported and unlawfully returned.

    Honestly, though, the way you use "illegal" as a noun and the Beastie Boys use "party" as a verb doesn't bother me at all.
    Ingles solamente (íno exepciones!)

  11. #51
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member SCOUT's Avatar
    Location
    On the road less traveled
    Posts
    5,030
    vCash
    500

    Re: Drop the I word

    I am curious to your view of the word trespasser.
    Def #2 is
    a wrongful entry upon the lands of another.

    Are you OK with that one?

  12. #52
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    5,908
    vCash
    500

    Re: Drop the I word

    Quote Originally Posted by SanJoaquinSooner View Post
    Criminal Okie, this is old territory. Unlawful presence is not a violation of criminal code. It is a civil code violation - unless the alien was once deported and unlawfully returned.

    Honestly, though, the way you use "illegal" as a noun and the Beastie Boys use "party" as a verb doesn't bother me at all.
    You are probably right San Joaquin, invader is a much better term.

  13. #53
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    Location
    The Great San Joaquin Valley
    Posts
    6,568
    vCash
    1500

    Re: Drop the I word

    Quote Originally Posted by SCOUT View Post
    I am curious to your view of the word trespasser.
    Def #2 is
    a wrongful entry upon the lands of another.

    Are you OK with that one?

    Scout, if you catch an alien mowing your lawn without your permission, yes -- he be a trespasser.
    Ingles solamente (íno exepciones!)

  14. #54
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    5,908
    vCash
    500

    Re: Drop the I word

    Quote Originally Posted by SanJoaquinSooner View Post
    Scout, if you catch an alien mowing your lawn without your permission, yes -- he be a trespasser.
    Had that happen, San joaquin (maybe I already told you). The invader mowed my lawn about 5 times before I took pity on him and told him he was mowing the wrong yard. He11, I even gave him about $40 for his trouble (he had a wife and 4 kids in tow so I thought they could live it up). I don't even remember calling ICE.

  15. #55
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    Location
    The Great San Joaquin Valley
    Posts
    6,568
    vCash
    1500

    Re: Drop the I word

    Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    Had that happen, San joaquin (maybe I already told you). The invader mowed my lawn about 5 times before I took pity on him and told him he was mowing the wrong yard. He11, I even gave him about $40 for his trouble (he had a wife and 4 kids in tow so I thought they could live it up). I don't even remember calling ICE.
    I thought you said you stiffed him. But $40 is more than generous* ... so Okie's gotta soft spot in his heart for baby Jesus and his cause after all.














    *unless you have a damned acreage or something
    Ingles solamente (íno exepciones!)

  16. #56
    Sooner All-World olevetonahill's Avatar
    Location
    the Hills of S/E Ok
    Posts
    60,574
    vCash
    5500

    Re: Drop the I word

    Quote Originally Posted by SanJoaquinSooner View Post
    I thought you said you stiffed him. But $40 is more than generous* ... so Okie's gotta soft spot in his heart for baby Jesus and his cause after all.














    *unless you have a damned acreage or something
    8 bucks a Pop fer mowing a yard, is generous?

    Send me a Mex to mow my land
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

    Ima Cynical cantankerous old bastage!

    If God wanted Men to Look wimmens in the EYE, He wouldnt have give em Titties!

  17. #57
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    Location
    In a Little Grass Shack
    Posts
    3,375
    vCash
    5000

    Re: Drop the I word

    Toughening up the Borders is fine with me.

    I'm also fine with nailing the jerks that hire illegals.

    Closing some bases is OK too. WW2 is over, last I heard, as well as the Korean Conflict.

    5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

  18. #58
    Sooner All-World olevetonahill's Avatar
    Location
    the Hills of S/E Ok
    Posts
    60,574
    vCash
    5500

    Re: Drop the I word

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    Toughening up the Borders is fine with me.

    I'm also fine with nailing the jerks that hire illegals.

    Closing some bases is OK too. WW2 is over, last I heard, as well as the Korean Conflict.


    5-0
    You be wrong there
    The Korean War has never ended.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

    Ima Cynical cantankerous old bastage!

    If God wanted Men to Look wimmens in the EYE, He wouldnt have give em Titties!

  19. #59
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 diverdog's Avatar
    Posts
    4,302
    vCash
    500

    Re: Drop the I word

    Quote Originally Posted by sappstuf View Post
    Double post.. Dang internet cutting in and out.
    Well its not like you are a living a country where people live in caves. Oh wait you are living in a country where people live in caves. That explains a lot. LOL

  20. #60
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Posts
    6,120
    vCash
    500

    Re: Drop the I word

    Quote Originally Posted by diverdog View Post
    Well its not like you are a living a country where people live in caves. Oh wait you are living in a country where people live in caves. That explains a lot. LOL
    lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •