Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Broyles Pro Day - Any good reports?

Is saw one report, he ran a 4.57 and 4.59 even though he is not 100%... Not bad, as I always though he ran 4-5.... Any info would be appreciated, I hope someone takes him in the 3rd round at the latest.

I also think he is better than Baylor's reciever expected to go round 1.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Broyles Pro Day - Any good reports?

Gil Brandt said if he gets down to 4.52 he will be a top 60 pick, all 12 scouts were impressed by all accounts
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

I heard Mayock this morning talking about Broyles and Hannah.

He said he expects Broyles to be a 3rd rounder...strickly due to injury. If he hadn't gotten hurt he would have been a 2nd rounder. He praised Broyles for coming back so quickly...and acknowledged that he wasn't 100%

Mayock raved about Hannah's size and "fluidity"...says that OU doesn't really use that TE all that well, but that Hannah sould be a attractive TE to most NFL teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

I've heard that he impressed everyone with his workout, especially since he isn't 100%. Late 2nd round-3rd round.

I saw his interview, and he seems very articulate and smart. That and is run times should really be a plus for him.

vCash

BOOMER SOONER

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I want him to go to the Rams or the Packers, in that order. I think the Rams would be the best for his career, and the Packers would be the best for me

So yes, I selflessly want him to catch 100 passes per game from Sammie (because Sammie will never have to throw to St. Louis' stone-handed receivers ever again if Broyles is on the team) rather than 10 per game from Rodgers discount double check.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

I've talked to a couple of scouts who gave him a 3rd round grade afterwards..Also, these guys had 3rd round grades on him all year
    Bazinga

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PrideMom View Post
    I saw his interview, and he seems very articulate and smart. That and is run times should really be a plus for him.
    He's been at OU for a few years. That was the 1st interview you've ever heard him give? I'm not trying to be to harsh here but both he and Landry did a bunch of interviews last year and they were great.

We have some really great guys here and by the time the ones that get a shot at the NFL are headed that way, I've always thought our Coaches had gotten them well prepared for interviews. There is the occasional exception but for me Broyles is sharp and one of the greatest WRs to ever play here.

He's gonna be a Wes Welker in the Pros IMO and injury or not...somebody ought to pick him up 1st Round even though the standard (he's been injured rule applies for them). AD and Bradford had both been injured and folks were told they wouldn 't make it in the NFL.

Broyles will Start on whatever Team picks him up and if he doesn't, whoever starts is gonna get pressure from him every week. I watched Welker and Largent and those guys had hands that were just incredible. Broyles is one of those type of guys IMO.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    I've talked to a couple of scouts who gave him a 3rd round grade afterwards..Also, these guys had 3rd round grades on him all year
    I know I look like a Homer about Broyles but I swear STEP. I just don't think they are right about Ryan. He's pulled down catches that Blackmon wishes he could haul in. I know they are different type players but I think that Scouts and the NFL get all glossy eyed when they see a kid the size of Blackmon and they all want a tall fast guy like him.

For any Baylor WR to go earlier than Ryan, I think that's a bad call and whoever gets Ryan will be very lucky to have him. I'd take him over Blackmon too.

You know I've never backed off of that too so I will take my lumps on it if he doesn't turnout as long as he doesn 't get injured that is.