Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 reflector's Avatar
    vCash

Rick Santorum Drops Out of Presidential Race

He has suspended his campaign.
    <a href=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w176/reflector3/sig_reflector.png target=_blank>http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w..._reflector.png</a>

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Rick Santorum Drops Out of Presidential Race

On the plus side, I hear that the Vatican still has several positions open in the office of the inquisition, so his talents won't go to waste.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Bummer...now who do I laugh at....Gingrich?

vCash

Yes, we can laugh, cruelly at Gingrich. And treat Ron Paul like our slightly eccentric favorite uncle (secure as we are in the knowledge that he won't be elected to anything beyond congress, and thus we won't have to live with the consequences of his foreign policy).

and then we can look upon Barack and Mitt and wonder how the hell the greatest country on earth sifted through its citizen and found these two the best out there to lead the whole enterprise.

vCash

I wonder why Rick isn't saying he supports Romney?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mississippi Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Yes, we can laugh, cruelly at Gingrich. And treat Ron Paul like our slightly eccentric favorite uncle (secure as we are in the knowledge that he won't be elected to anything beyond congress, and thus we won't have to live with the consequences of his foreign policy).

and then we can look upon Barack and Mitt and wonder how the hell the greatest country on earth sifted through its citizen and found these two the best out there to lead the whole enterprise.
    And what pisses me off is that's the same thing I've thought for several election cycles now. It makes me wonder, is the situation so tenuous that most would rather not take a chance on ruining his or her political career rather than take the chance at being the hero?

Maybe I'm just getting more jaded as I get older, but it seems that our presidential choices just keep getting worse as time goes by.

vCash

Would you choose a teetotal, vegetarian with early-to-bed-early-to-rise work habits over a man who drinks a bottle of brandy a day, bathes in the middle of the night and then works in his office dressed in only a towel over his obese body?

Congrats if so, you just picked Uncle Adolf over Winnie Churchill.

it's our process of selection that sucks. Any decent candidate has accumulated nicks, dings and 'issues' along the way. And thus they are unelectable. Instead, we're offered psychotic choirboys, Mormon missionaries, goody two shoe community organizers and purist ideologues philosophically incapable of compromise (and thus of actually governing).

We get the government we deserve. Until we grow up, again, and start electing real adults once more, we'll be stuck where we are today. And what truly pains me is that the primary offenders on this front are members of my own party.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Would you choose a teetotal, vegetarian with early-to-bed-early-to-rise work habits over a man who drinks a bottle of brandy a day, bathes in the middle of the night and then works in his office dressed in only a towel over his obese body?

Congrats if so, you just picked Uncle Adolf over Winnie Churchill.

it's our process of selection that sucks. Any decent candidate has accumulated nicks, dings and 'issues' along the way. And thus they are unelectable. Instead, we're offered psychotic choirboys, Mormon missionaries, goody two shoe community organizers and purist ideologues philosophically incapable of compromise (and thus of actually governing).

We get the government we deserve. Until we grow up, again, and start electing real adults once more, we'll be stuck where we are today. And what truly pains me is that the primary offenders on this front are members of my own party.
    Kind of hard to have a government by/for the "people" when you have to be a gazillionaire to even consider running.

vCash

That's one problem. Or to be beholden to gazillionaires if you don't have the cash yourself. (Newtie, I'm looking at you....or maybe looking at Sheldon over your shoulder, or was that the Koch brothers?)

Obama was just assured a second term...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

yawn......until the mob realizes that we have to pay more for fewer goodies in order to make up for accumulated past excesses......there is no difference. Not one candidate will cut bennies and raise tax revenue. Tell the voters that you're gonna provide them with less and charge them more and it's a sure fire way to not get elected. I wont even vote this year. I'd rather spend that time and energy improving my own foxhole rather than getting high on hopium.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonercoop1 View Post
    Obama was just assured a second term...
    the sooner he dropped out the better for Romney

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    the sooner he dropped out the better for Romney
    Yup

He will endorse Romney when he gets all the Political clout from him that he can
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 cccasooner2's Avatar
    vCash

Thank God for a sick kid. Sorry, I can't lead the country, got a kid with a tummy ache.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jumperstop's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cccasooner2 View Post
    Thank God for a sick kid. Sorry, I can't lead the country, got a kid with a tummy ache.
    I don't know for sure or anything, but what I heard was it is a rare disease that the kid had...just saying.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 diverdog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jumperstop View Post
    I don't know for sure or anything, but what I heard was it is a rare disease that the kid had...just saying.
    And it is life threatening. I would not wish what he is going thru on any parent. I hope she gets better.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jumperstop's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diverdog View Post
    And it is life threatening. I would not wish what he is going thru on any parent. I hope she gets better.
    Agreed, the guy is a religious ****tard, but here's to hoping his kid is ok.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 opksooner's Avatar
    vCash

The effect: The circular firing squad has one less target.
    .....and that's all the news from out here on the old Santa Fe Trail.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by opksooner View Post
    The effect: The circular firing squad has one less target.
    Hell, they can't shoot straight anyway! Gingrich will pontificate and Paul will continue
    to squawk about staying home and not spending any money or any thing. Obama will
    crank it up and BURY the Pubs,,,I'm thinking the 2010 freshmen are in trouble, cause
    they, in being so stubborn, caused so many things that stopped any effort to solve
    the issues....especially if Walker gets tossed in Wisconsin...that will start a cascade
    effect...IMO...just sayin'.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cccasooner2 View Post
    That's pretty ****'n ****ty...

OleVet Posse Instigator