Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barry vs Israel

Administrator
    vCash

Re: Barry vs Israel

We do have interests in Israel, and it's well-being:

Israel has more companies listed on the NASDAQ than any country outside of the US. More than China, Europe and India combined. To boil it down, Israel is an educated (something like the 3rd or 4th most educated population on the planet), and it's people have disposable income. In other words, the tech industry does, in fact, rely in part on Israel. Whether it be as a contributor to the NASDAQ, or the contribution to the tech industry as a whole, there are reasons we have interests in Israel.

vCash

wait, the Jews have money?

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    Shhhh. Don't tell anyone.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 diverdog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    We do have interests in Israel, and it's well-being:

Israel has more companies listed on the NASDAQ than any country outside of the US. More than China, Europe and India combined. To boil it down, Israel is an educated (something like the 3rd or 4th most educated population on the planet), and it's people have disposable income. In other words, the tech industry does, in fact, rely in part on Israel. Whether it be as a contributor to the NASDAQ, or the contribution to the tech industry as a whole, there are reasons we have interests in Israel.
    And their economy would be in the toilet without our freign aid. Israel does need us to defend them and they need to stand alone.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerProphet's Avatar
    vCash

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

**** Israel and **** the Arabs! We've wasted too much time and resources in that ****hole!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diverdog View Post
    And their economy would be in the toilet without our freign aid. Israel does need us to defend them and they need to stand alone.
    They are the size of New Jersey surrounded by dictators and terrorists..

Besides, have you seen their women in uniform?? They should never stand alone.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sappstuf View Post
    They are the size of New Jersey surrounded by dictators and terrorists..

Besides, have you seen their women in uniform?? They should never stand alone.
    They have beautiful women but they are not friendly. In fact, on the whole I found Israelis to be arrogant and ill mannered.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    Why do you think Brack wants to raise taxes so high? To take money from the Jews. Then of course he can give said money to his fellow muslims.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OULenexaman's Avatar
    Back in beautiful crime free Lenexa...far away from all the Obama loving losers
    vCash

In fact, on the whole I found Israelis to be arrogant and ill mannered.
    Like Rahm Emanuel??

Administrator
    vCash

Like I said, we have an interest in Israel. You should do some research on the subject.

vCash

Like I said, we have an interest in Israel. You should do some research on the subject.
    Some. It haS about 60% of NJ GDP. It is certainly not enough to dominate our foreign policy like it does.

Administrator
    vCash

Some. It haS about 60% of NJ GDP. It is certainly not enough to dominate our foreign policy like it does.
    I don't consider our foreign policy to be "dominated" by Israel, do you? Could be give less to Israel? Sure, I think we could give less to a lot of countries, but just like many of the countries we do give aid to, we have interests there.

The last figure I saw, said we give Israel about $3 billion a year. No matter how you slice it, that's a lot of money, but (as I pointed out in another thread) our contribution to the two wars we are still involved with is over $130 billion a year. My point being that right now, our foreign aid to Israel is on the low end of the totem pole of things that should be re-addressed.

vCash

If a Meteor hit Israel rather than some Middle Eastern Country wiped them off the face of the Earth...it wouldn't put an end to Israel.

I think many of you who don't read the Bible or believe in it have some really wild ideas about what might happen.

I think you might be better off dropping the idea of Israel and just going with "The Holy Land".

America will always protect the Holy Land and unless you go Hitler on the Jewish People....right after that Meteor hits...there will be a massive attempt to restore whatever is left of the area and even if there is nothing....it will remain the Holy Land.

This idea of that we have wasted to much time and resources is just crazy. It's what sets us apart from the Muslim World. It always has. It always will.

The only way it ever doesn't....the reading of the Bible and Churches in America will be outlawed and I don't ever see that happening. Russia tried it and failed. China? We know that isn't happening either. Just because their Leader is the way he is...it doesn't mean it's people follow him in regards to a higher power. It's man's nature.

Muslims may want to try and take that piece of real estate at whatever cost....but they haven't ever been able to do it and they weren't even willing to help Saddam keep control of Iraq. They eat their own there and always have. The Israelis....they are tough but they understand that we support them.

If every Israelis were gone in Israel Tmorrow....the rest of the Jewish people would be pushing to restore Israel just like America did after Katrina hit New Orleans.

I know some folks though restoring New Orleans was a waste of Money and maybe parts of it was....but the idea that America would abandon one of our busiest Sea Ports is as crazy as any idea that the Jewish People and the Christians in this World are ever going to abandon the Holy Land.

vCash

Those who worry about "Barry's" involvement are just about as crap pot as Ed Lansky who wrote that article.

vCash

I don't consider our foreign policy to be "dominated" by Israel, do you? Could be give less to Israel? Sure, I think we could give less to a lot of countries, but just like many of the countries we do give aid to, we have interests there.

The last figure I saw, said we give Israel about $3 billion a year. No matter how you slice it, that's a lot of money, but (as I pointed out in another thread) our contribution to the two wars we are still involved with is over $130 billion a year. My point being that right now, our foreign aid to Israel is on the low end of the totem pole of things that should be re-addressed.
    Yes I do believe Israel dominates our foreign policy. How many shows has CBS 60 Minutes done on Israel vs England or China? How about the nightly news? When you live overseas you rarely hear about Israel. Look at how many times we have had a peace process and some sort of Camp David Accords. It seems every President since I have been born has try to buy peace in that part of the world.

I would rather see us focus on Brazil and India vs Israel.

BTW our foreign aid to Israel is closer to $10 billion dollars than $3 billion. We use some awfully slick accounting practices to hide the rest of the aid. Most of it is in military hardware.

Administrator
    vCash

Yes I do believe Israel dominates our foreign policy. How many shows has CBS 60 Minutes done on Israel vs England or China? How about the nightly news? When you live overseas you rarely hear about Israel. Look at how many times we have had a peace process and some sort of Camp David Accords. It seems every President since I have been born has try to buy peace in that part of the world.

I would rather see us focus on Brazil and India vs Israel.

BTW our foreign aid to Israel is closer to $10 billion dollars than $3 billion. We use some awfully slick accounting practices to hide the rest of the aid. Most of it is in military hardware.
    First, our foreign policy isn't "dominated" by Israel. Just because you see a 60 minutes report doesn't make it so, if you can show me some kind of viable source that backs up your statement, I'd be more than happy to educate myself. Have we tried to broker peace in the region? Sure, and for good reason. Do we consider Irael an ally? Sure. Is our government's foreign policy dominated by Israel? No. We have far too many pokers in the fire worldwide to focus the majority of our foreign policy on any one country.

Second, (again), please link to your source of our $10 billion expenditure annually on Israel. I think you're going to find that number very hard to prove from an official source. We don't allocate anywhere near that much money toward Israel.

I agree, living overseas, you don't hear much about Israel. But, living here (in the USA), I don't hear any more/less of Israel. In fact, just about the only time I hear about Israel is when people talk about how worthless it is, and how we pump money into it for no reason.

I'm not Jewish, or particularly too religious, but after reading somewhere online a few years ago that we were giving $10 trillion a year to Israel (I'm serious, just Google it, there are a lot of very misinformed folks out there...not that it's too surprising to see), I decided to really research what and why we actually give.

vCash

First, our foreign policy isn't "dominated" by Israel. Just because you see a 60 minutes report doesn't make it so, if you can show me some kind of viable source that backs up your statement, I'd be more than happy to educate myself. Have we tried to broker peace in the region? Sure, and for good reason. Do we consider Irael an ally? Sure. Is our government's foreign policy dominated by Israel? No. We have far too many pokers in the fire worldwide to focus the majority of our foreign policy on any one country.

Second, (again), please link to your source of our $10 billion expenditure annually on Israel. I think you're going to find that number very hard to prove from an official source. We don't allocate anywhere near that much money toward Israel.

I agree, living overseas, you don't hear much about Israel. But, living here (in the USA), I don't hear any more/less of Israel. In fact, just about the only time I hear about Israel is when people talk about how worthless it is, and how we pump money into it for no reason.

I'm not Jewish, or particularly too religious, but after reading somewhere online a few years ago that we were giving $10 trillion a year to Israel (I'm serious, just Google it, there are a lot of very misinformed folks out there...not that it's too surprising to see), I decided to really research what and why we actually give.
    Champs I am driving back to Delaware from NC so it will be a bit before I get back to you.
    Here is a link to read:

http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/1209/p16s01-wmgn.html

Administrator
    vCash

Champs I am driving back to Delaware from NC so it will be a bit before I get back to you.
    Here is a link to read:

http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/1209/p16s01-wmgn.html
    I think I see what your saying, based on reading the article. While the official reported amount of foreign aid is around $3 billion, there are more funds going into things like loans, military projects, etc. that put that total higher. Fair point.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 AlboSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Israeli lobby in US spends tons of money in pro-Israeli PR = Americans believe somehow Israel is an ally of America, and America has interests that need protection in Israel.

PR works people. You spend money, you get results. Just ask Santorum how he liked going against Romney.

I can't think of one instance when Israel sent soldiers to help the US fight a war.