Thread: Barry vs Israel

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Barry vs Israel

April 6, 2012
    Obama's anti-Israel 'hot mic' moment
    Ed Lasky

Anti-Israel activist Ali Abunimah in 2008

"Over the years since I first saw Obama speak I met him about half a dozen times, often at Palestinian and Arab-American community events in Chicago including a May 1998 community fundraiser at which Edward Said was the keynote speaker. In 2000, when Obama unsuccessfully ran for Congress I heard him speak at a campaign fundraiser hosted by a University of Chicago professor. On that occasion and others Obama was forthright in his criticism of US policy and his call for an even-handed approach to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.

The last time I spoke to Obama was in the winter of 2004 at a gathering in Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood. He was in the midst of a primary campaign to secure the Democratic nomination for the United States Senate seat he now occupies. But at that time polls showed him trailing.

As he came in from the cold and took off his coat, I went up to greet him. He responded warmly, and volunteered, "Hey, I'm sorry I haven't said more about Palestine right now, but we are in a tough primary race. I'm hoping when things calm down I can be more up front." He referred to my activism, including columns I was contributing to the The Chicago Tribune critical of Israeli and US policy, "Keep up the good work!"

But Obama's gradual shift into the AIPAC camp had begun as early as 2002 as he planned his move from small time Illinois politics to the national scene. In 2003, Forward reported on how he had "been courting the pro-Israel constituency."

As Charles Krauthammer and others have warned: Obama's second term will likely be one where Israel is pressured as never before by an American administration (and I might add, Iran is ignored, the Muslim Brotherhood continues to be welcomed at the WH, etc).

We have already seen the flexibility doctrine in action-just look at statements made before AIPAC audiences and elsewhere that have been retracted within 48 hours (status of Jerusalem; having "Israel's back").

Stanley Kurtz called Obama "Senator Stealth" back in 2008 after reviewing Obama's history of concealing his agenda. Now we have President Stealth.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonercruiser's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Barry vs Israel

His agenda is now being exposed by his "open mics" and his actions.
    The questions is....will the Zombies awaken, or continue to vote for him?
    How can there be too many children?
    That is like saying there are too many flowers.
    Mother Teresa

-------------------
    (Or, too many tax-payers!)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    vCash

Something Samuel L Jackson said may have hit home. At least with Obama.
    quoting below:

Obama ain’t scary at all. N****** don’t have beers at the White House. N****** don’t let some white dude, while you in the middle of a speech, call [him] a liar. A n***** would have stopped the meeting right there and said, "Who the **** said that?"

'I hope Obama gets scary in the next four years,' Mr Jackson added, 'cuz he ain’t gotta worry about getting re-elected.'

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 diverdog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeppa View Post
    April 6, 2012
    Obama's anti-Israel 'hot mic' moment
    Ed Lasky

Anti-Israel activist Ali Abunimah in 2008

"Over the years since I first saw Obama speak I met him about half a dozen times, often at Palestinian and Arab-American community events in Chicago including a May 1998 community fundraiser at which Edward Said was the keynote speaker. In 2000, when Obama unsuccessfully ran for Congress I heard him speak at a campaign fundraiser hosted by a University of Chicago professor. On that occasion and others Obama was forthright in his criticism of US policy and his call for an even-handed approach to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.

The last time I spoke to Obama was in the winter of 2004 at a gathering in Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood. He was in the midst of a primary campaign to secure the Democratic nomination for the United States Senate seat he now occupies. But at that time polls showed him trailing.

As he came in from the cold and took off his coat, I went up to greet him. He responded warmly, and volunteered, "Hey, I'm sorry I haven't said more about Palestine right now, but we are in a tough primary race. I'm hoping when things calm down I can be more up front." He referred to my activism, including columns I was contributing to the The Chicago Tribune critical of Israeli and US policy, "Keep up the good work!"

But Obama's gradual shift into the AIPAC camp had begun as early as 2002 as he planned his move from small time Illinois politics to the national scene. In 2003, Forward reported on how he had "been courting the pro-Israel constituency."

As Charles Krauthammer and others have warned: Obama's second term will likely be one where Israel is pressured as never before by an American administration (and I might add, Iran is ignored, the Muslim Brotherhood continues to be welcomed at the WH, etc).

We have already seen the flexibility doctrine in action-just look at statements made before AIPAC audiences and elsewhere that have been retracted within 48 hours (status of Jerusalem; having "Israel's back").

Stanley Kurtz called Obama "Senator Stealth" back in 2008 after reviewing Obama's history of concealing his agenda. Now we have President Stealth.
    I could give a flying **** about Israel. Let them fight their own battles and leave us the hell alone.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SouthCarolinaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diverdog View Post
    I could give a flying **** about Israel. Let them fight their own battles and leave us the hell alone.
    This. We have virtually no national interest in helping Israel.

vCash

or at least call them on their bull**** sometimes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

*Making notes of the anti-semite's on the board...*

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    *Making notes of the anti-semite's on the board...*
    End Times my Friend, End Times
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCarolinaSooner View Post
    This. We have virtually no national interest in helping Israel.
    Pretty much. I really don't see what the big deal with Israel is. Step back for a moment from the fact that they're supposedly an ally. What did they ever do for the United States?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Pretty much. I really don't see what the big deal with Israel is. Step back for a moment from the fact that they're supposedly an ally. What did they ever do for the United States?
    So yer sayin we should not help any one who hasnt done anything for us 1st?

Good thinkin

Get us out the UN . Bring our troops home from Every foriegn country . Secure our Borders and tell the world to **** off dip ****s.

Got cha
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post

Good thinkin

Get us out the UN . Bring our troops home from Every foriegn country . Secure our Borders and tell the world to **** off dip ****s.

Got cha
    If a meteorite hits Israel and wiped it off the map it would not affect us one iota. Same meteor hits Japan or Korea or England it would pretty much put our economy in the chitter. We have no compelling interest in Israel and our 45 years of entanlement with them has cost us dearly. They are a two bit nation that does not deserve the stage they have gotten with the worlds only super power. We need to fix things in our own hemisphere.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Good thinkin

Got cha
    Pretty much.

--at least that's what our founding fathers would think.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

If a meteorite hits Israel and wiped it off the map it would not affect us one iota. Same meteor hits Japan or Korea or England it would pretty much put our economy in the chitter. We have no compelling interest in Israel and our 45 years of entanlement with them has cost us dearly. They are a two bit nation that does not deserve the stage they have gotten with the worlds only super power. We need to fix things in our own hemisphere.
    You don't know **** about ****...

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

We hnave spent over a trillion dollars in that part of the world to buy peace. Let me ask you do you think that is money well spent?

I have been to Israel....have you?

vCash

We hnave spent over a trillion dollars in that part of the world to buy peace. Let me ask you do you think that is money well spent?

I have been to Israel....have you?
    Just because youve been there, That makes you an expert on the region?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SouthCarolinaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Feel free to enlighten us

vCash

Just because youve been there, That makes you an expert on the region?
    Nope but I sure as **** have a good feel for what is going on. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that our foreign policy in that part of the world is ****ed up.

For instance, I spent a month at Taif RSAFB in Saudi. The US built the base, it is supplied with US fighters and guess what is its purpose? To attack Israel. That is ****ed up and it is something e average American has no idea that is going on.

We were at Ramon AFB in Israel which was built by a joint US project. Do you know what one of its purposes is? Yeah to shoot down Saudi Fighters with US combat aircraft.

Do you think the Israeli's gives a **** about US interest? If you say yes you would be wrong. They act out of their own self interest and there have been many times that it has hurt us. I am pretty sure they gave Bush II some ****ty intel that caused us to go into Iraq and take out their biggest enemy.

I don't hate Israelis and I don't hate the Arabs. What I hate is that for 54 years of my life we have backed both sides, spent over a trillion dollars to buy peace in that **** hole and they hate us more than ever. I want the **** out and I do not want to look back.

vCash

the country wastes a lot of money on the military industrial complex, but a lot of insiders get rich "buying peace"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonercruiser's Avatar
    vCash

Please keep this rule in mind!

For the libs, it's all about the money...the cost!
    To he11 with morality!
    Only do the right thing if it's in your "plan".
    How can there be too many children?
    That is like saying there are too many flowers.
    Mother Teresa

-------------------
    (Or, too many tax-payers!)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
    Please keep this rule in mind!

For the libs, it's all about the money...the cost!
    To he11 with morality!
    Only do the right thing if it's in your "plan".
    You are such a hypocrite. If we went into the Congo or Sudan or any of the myriad of other places in the world where there is genocide you would scream bloody murder. This has nothing to do with morality and everything about what is best for America.