Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Congrats SicEm

Administrator
    vCash

Congrats SicEm

40 - 0 is pretty amazing. And, at least the title stays in the Big XII for another year.

As an aside, that dude on your wimmen's team is pretty darn good.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Congrats SicEm

Hats off to Skeletor and the Mangirl. At least the finals loss couldn't happen to a more deserving foe.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    40 - 0 is pretty amazing. And, at least the title stays in the Big XII for another year.

As an aside, that dude on your wimmen's team is pretty darn good.
    Thanks! And big congrats to Chuck as well.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Thanks! And big congrats to Chuck as well.
    Thanks Sic’em and I won’t be as magnanimous as you are, though. For shame on all of you who think that it’s fair play to call women who succeed at sports a man. I suppose that that is about as vile as calling all men under average height as women. We all know that history is replete with over-achieving short-stature men. Is it not a stretch to think that it’s about time to get over over-achieving tall women without questioning their gender? By the couple times I’ve met her and accounts of my family and friends, Brittney Griner is a very classy person. Hello, you guys sound like the aggy and that is a terrible put-down as far as I’m concerned.
    Chuck's version of Christmas is the Anti-SicEm-
    SicEmBaylor

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Bao View Post
    Is it not a stretch to think that it’s about time to get over over-achieving tall women without questioning their gender?
    There is a lot more about her than just being tall and athletic. I think that girl who played for Tennessee a few years ago is sexy as heck and the fact that she's tall and can dunk a basketball just makes her even more sexy.

Griner, on the other hand, talks and in some ways looks like a man. I'd dare say she has some hormonal advantages over your average female just like that South African sprinter. These hormonal differences (not the presence or absence of a penis) is why we have separate men and women's sports.

I don't mind Chuck, because he's also an OU fan. The other one should just go to OUHoops.com and hang out on their women's basketball board. Their mod and his toadies all have a major crush on Mulkey and treat her better than Sherri. It's gotten so ridiculous that the mod is starting to create pro-Mulkey threads just to draw out those of us who don't appreciate her sorry attitude and general disrespect for OU and our women's program.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Bao View Post
    Thanks Sic’em and I won’t be as magnanimous as you are, though. For shame on all of you who think that it’s fair play to call women who succeed at sports a man. I suppose that that is about as vile as calling all men under average height as women. We all know that history is replete with over-achieving short-stature men. Is it not a stretch to think that it’s about time to get over over-achieving tall women without questioning their gender? By the couple times I’ve met her and accounts of my family and friends, Brittney Griner is a very classy person. Hello, you guys sound like the aggy and that is a terrible put-down as far as I’m concerned.
    You're reading far too much into it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

Griner has a creepy man-voice.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GDC View Post
    Griner has a creepy man-voice.
    Creepy-crawly even! When she talks, people go WTF!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkjsooner View Post
    There is a lot more about her than just being tall and athletic. I think that girl who played for Tennessee a few years ago is sexy as heck and the fact that she's tall and can dunk a basketball just makes her even more sexy.

Griner, on the other hand, talks and in some ways looks like a man. I'd dare say she has some hormonal advantages over your average female just like that South African sprinter. These hormonal differences (not the presence or absence of a penis) is why we have separate men and women's sports.
    She just has a lot of testosterone in her body. I doubt it's roids.

vCash

see on the news where baylor basketball may be in trouble.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by texaspokieokie View Post
    see on the news where baylor basketball may be in trouble.
    Would it surprise anyone to find out that there has been cheating going on with football too? Baylor was a win for so many programs over the years, then suddenly they become among the best in the conference. I'm not going to assume they cheated to win football games, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

lots of phone calls and txt..(like over 1000 I think)...crap they were already in trouble for recruiting Griner ..which if the one statement is true...that is some fine line crossing...supposedly KM was talking with Griner's dad at an AAU game (both daughters played on the same team) and KM told Griner's dad..."she'd have a great time at BU"..or something to that effect...BUT what's funny is Griner's turned in bu and KM for illegal contact and STILL signed with them...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    lots of phone calls and txt..(like over 1000 I think)...crap they were already in trouble for recruiting Griner ..which if the one statement is true...that is some fine line crossing...supposedly KM was talking with Griner's dad at an AAU game (both daughters played on the same team) and KM told Griner's dad..."she'd have a great time at BU"..or something to that effect...BUT what's funny is Griner's turned in bu and KM for illegal contact and STILL signed with them...
    If nothing else, the timing of the investigation (with Griner leaving, and basketball just ending) is very interesting.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    If nothing else, the timing of the investigation (with Griner leaving, and basketball just ending) is very interesting.
    One of the announcers in the Finals game vs domer said Griner was to return to BU for another yr of basketball next yr....???

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    One of the announcers in the Finals game vs domer said Griner was to return to BU for another yr of basketball next yr....???
    This is true. She'll be back next year...along with nearly all the starters including Odyssey Sims. Is it too early to call 80-0?

vCash

Now we all get to be reminded of Dave Bliss and Murder at Baylor. Oh boy.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    This is true. She'll be back next year...along with nearly all the starters including Odyssey Sims. Is it too early to call 80-0?
    I thought she was a senior (maybe I just "hoped" she was a senior). My mistake. And, no, 80-0 is a realistic expectation as long as she is on the team.

vCash

Where would they Go ? Life at Baylor or any other major college program is better than life in the WNBA.

vCash

It's insane for Mulkey to get in trouble for talking to the father of a player whose daughter was playing on the same team as her own at a game.

Anyway, these issues are trivial and nowhere near in the same league as the Bliss/Dotson scandal.