Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Mega Millions Lotto

Is up to 363 Million now

Will ya buy a ticket fer the Long shot of winning?
    Sure the odds are 170Mil to ONE , But some ones gonna win it eventually .

Im thinking about it But aint decided yet
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Mega Millions Lotto

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Is up to 363 Million now

Too late, I already bought the winnah!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Well shoit. Guess I wont bother then
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Is up to 363 Million now

Does this mean if I buy 170,000,001 tickets, with every possible combination, I'm assured of winning the mega jackpot?
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 nighttrain12's Avatar
    vCash

No winner tonight. On Friday the jackpot will be worth more than 450 million dollars.
    BOOMER ......... SOONER!
    AGGIES ......... SUCK!
    ... and the home, of the, SOONERS!
    THUNDER THE F&*K UP!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Yeah, i don't usually play, but when the jackpot is worth more than the actual odds of winning, it's worth throwing a few bucks at.

No winner again last night, so it is now officially the largest US jackpot ever, $476MM. Said there were something like 50 tickets last night that had all 5 numbers, but no one hit the correct Mega Millions number of 24.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SanJoaquinSooner View Post
    Does this mean if I buy 170,000,001 tickets, with every possible combination, I'm assured of winning the mega jackpot?
    Someone actually tried that once but they couldn't process the tickets. I don't know if that's actually true or not but that's how the story goes...

Also, you're almost guaranteeing that you'll be splitting the prize. Usually when it gets up past $300 million, there's at least one winner as so many people are playing. If you bought every combination that would mean there's probably at least two winners. You could end up losing a lot of money even with a winner.

Edit: Just noticed there wasn't a winner so it would have paid off. I don't like the odds though. Most likely you would spend $170 million on tickets and end up splitting the prize 2 or 3 ways. Just watch, I bet there are at least 2 winners on the next drawing (which means you would be splitting it 3 ways if you bought every combination).

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nighttrain12 View Post
    No winner tonight. On Friday the jackpot will be worth more than 450 million dollars.
    So yer sayin RoS lied to me? That Bastage

vCash

Oh, and I don't think you get to deduct the $170 million you put into tickets. That means even with just two winners after taxes you're coming out way behind.

The cash option now is $341 million. You take out about 40% in taxes and you're still barely coming out ahead with just one winner.

One other thing to consider, you're much more likely dying in a car accident today than winning the lottery the next round. That being said, I might have to buy a ticket and hope my luck is on the lottery side rather than the dying in a fiery crash side.

vCash

Einstein Theory. Your odds of winning are lower if you don't purchase a ticket than if you buy 1 ticket but they aren't much higher if you buy 1000 tickets. I think it was something like that. So go toss a buck on a lightning strike.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

$300 million wasn't enough but now that it is over $400 million I will contribute . . . and if any SF's do win, the next tailgate is on you!

vCash

I may throw a buck at it now. I figure I'm only gonna win it once, might as well win a big one!
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

...and if I win I'll throw the bestest tailgate ever!

...but mind the Ferrari will you?
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    I may throw a buck at it now. I figure I'm only gonna win it once, might as well win a big one!
    I think most of us Know its a Loser to play. But the simple fact of it being so High now has most of us tempted.

Why not go ahead and Play when its say only 20 Mil er so.
    Thats still a **** pot of money for very little investment
    I think Ive bought maybe 3 or 4 tickets in my life..

When the Lotto 1st started here I let em talk me into buying I think 5 of those 1 dollar scratch things Lost on every one and at that time I think every other one was a winner

Said To hell with it. Was at my shop one day and saw one on the ground, Picked it up and it hadnt been scratched out so I checked it
    20 buck Winner so I cashed it and quit while i was a head

vCash

I think most of us Know its a Loser to play. But the simple fact of it being so High now has most of us tempted.

Why not go ahead and Play when its say only 20 Mil er so.
    Thats still a **** pot of money for very little investment
    I think Ive bought maybe 3 or 4 tickets in my life..

When the Lotto 1st started here I let em talk me into buying I think 5 of those 1 dollar scratch things Lost on every one and at that time I think every other one was a winner

Said To hell with it. Was at my shop one day and saw one on the ground, Picked it up and it hadnt been scratched out so I checked it
    20 buck Winner so I cashed it and quit while i was a head
    Didn't you see where I said I'll prolly only win it once, so I wanted it to be a big one? I figure $480,000,000 > $20,000,000

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

I'm thinking your idea of playing once its at 300 or 400 million is flawed if you think it's worth it now. I don't know for sure but it seems to make sense that is the number of people playing goes up when the money goes up, the lower your odds are? Thus your theory of it being worth it only really adds to it only being a lot more dough for who does win.

vCash

So yer sayin RoS lied to me? That Bastage
    Well, the clerk that told me it was the winnah when I bought it lied to me!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Buying lottery tickets is a fun thing to do. You can day dream for a few days that you might actually win it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    I'm thinking your idea of playing once its at 300 or 400 million is flawed if you think it's worth it now. I don't know for sure but it seems to make sense that is the number of people playing goes up when the money goes up, the lower your odds are? Thus your theory of it being worth it only really adds to it only being a lot more dough for who does win.
    Since most players have the computer pick the numbers and more players are playing the
    chances improve that the winning numbers are picked. If the odds are 170m to 1 and you
    get closer to 170m sets being picked it seems logical to assume that someone is gonna get
    REALLY lucky. This makes sense in my head but not sure it does on paper

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OULenexaman's Avatar
    Back in beautiful crime free Lenexa...far away from all the Obama loving losers
    vCash

I hate standing in line behind a lotto junkie at the quick trip.