SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

Definitely time for Joe C to...

say Seeya to Golloway!

The guy has had a bunh of average years and disappointing years wrapped around his lone great year!

Quote Originally Posted by bornnbredou View Post

and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

Skip Bayless, is that you?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Definitely time for Joe C to...

This year definitely has a precarious beginning. They've been blowing a lot of games. Can't field or pitch.

vCash

I wonder if there's still problems in the clubhouse like there was last season.

vCash

FIRE TADLOCK!!!!

vCash

Fire Vulnerables!
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

The outfield play is still a disaster, infield play is not much better. The team has no fire and can't finish games. Those observations are based on viewing parts of 4 games. The program is not OU caliber.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Is this one of those reverse-jinx threads, or is it real?

If real...because we got swept by Texas? When doesn't Texas sweep us? We ALWAYS get whipped by Texas. They even swept us in the year we should've won the national championship (which I'm assuming is what you're referring to as "our lone great year"). This sweep was actually more competitive than that year's. At least we took one of them to twelve!

vCash

Texas was 7-8 entering the series. 7 and 8! How we blew leads and couldn't muster a win against them at home is sad.

vCash

Golloway attributed some of his team's woes to the transition occurring with his two new assistants: hitting coach Aric Thomas and pitching coach Jack Giese.

Read more: http://newsok.com/college-baseball-i...#ixzz1pwxLGQ51

Put the blame on the new coaches...what a jerk.
    BOOMER SOONER

Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    Golloway attributed some of his team's woes to the transition occurring with his two new assistants: hitting coach Aric Thomas and pitching coach Jack Giese.

Read more: http://newsok.com/college-baseball-i...#ixzz1pwxLGQ51

Put the blame on the new coaches...what a jerk.
    That
    Last edited by TweenerTues; 3/26/2012 at 12:47 PM.
    You can take a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a bull's ***, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?

Administrator
    vCash

Why is it insane? What I'm hearing here is that you'd rather have him do the coach speak and say "it's all my fault" rather than try and explain where there might be a problem? It's perfectly normal/acceptable to expect some pains/issues when you've got a couple new position coaches working with a new group of kids.

Personally, I expect this team to start coming together slowly but surely. I'd rather have them playing like gangbusters in June rather than now. I guess y'all forget about last year.

Boomer Sooner
    Last edited by TweenerTues; 3/26/2012 at 12:46 PM.
    You can take a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a bull's ***, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TweenerTues View Post
    Golloway has NEVER taken blame for anything. Last year it was "one player" in the locker room. A coach that throws everyone under the bus is not someone I would want to play for. How is this good for the team? Does it bring the staff together? What's the secret philosophy that takes time for coaches to buy into? Please tell me.
    It's called "Job Security and Job Advancement". If you do well and make your Head Coach and Team look good you move on up the ladder. I believe it works the same way in nearly every sport. If you don't think you can turn things around by taking a job with Sunny...maybe you shouldn't take a job here. I don't want any of the guys he brought here either so if Sunny goes so do the guys he hired. If what many of you guys think is true about a long time Coach then it's time to dump everyone not just Sunny.

The thing is I'm with Dean and that unless Castiglione thinks Sunny is the problem....what any of you think our Program should resemble as far as the pecking order goes.....it doesn't matter unless Joe thinks it's the way to go. I'd say you won't ever see him make a change at this point in the Season so you ought to sit back and chill and then have your hissy fits when it's time to look for a new Coach.

This stuff about firing people as soon as fans get upset ended years ago. Castiglione hasn't ever handled things like you all are attempting to start. You better just quit watching until then maybe or take Dean's approach and see if thinks work out over the next month. It's a long Season.