Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

**** Just Got Real

...with Baylor's new stadium. St. McLane dropped himself off a check for the new stadium today. Groundbreaking is due this summer. The absolute best part is that he has naming rights, but he chose not to name the new stadium after himself. Instead, he simply wants it called "Baylor Stadium." That is AWESOME. Baylor Stadium>Drayton McLane Stadium.

With the press release today, they released some new artist renderings of the stadium:

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 cccasooner2's Avatar
    vCash

Re: **** Just Got Real

Someday it will be known as Baylor's Folley.

Administrator
    vCash

Oh rawr.......

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

What a waste of money.....
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

Purdy
    The boys of cow must increase their speed!
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooneredaco's Avatar
    vCash
    Guy must really need a write off
    Originally Posted by CowboyMRW

"Just for the game today, I went down to the market and bought a new sheep. The owner said she was still a virgin, so I really hope we win today, so it's not just a waste of money"
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

That's a real pretty stadium. Who are they going to put in the seats?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MeMyself&Me View Post
    That's a real pretty stadium. Who are they going to put in the seats?
    more room for us ou folks

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 85sooners View Post
    more room for us ou folks
    Actually not, there will be slightly fewer seats than currently at FCS.

what a waste, do they think a new stadium is magically going to make Baylor a good team?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by flysooner9 View Post
    what a waste, do they think a new stadium is magically going to make Baylor a good team?
    Uh...no. Is that typically the number one reason a school builds a new stadium?

We're building a new stadium because the old one is off campus, not up to Big XII standards, and in the ghetto. The new stadium will be of higher quality, on campus, and right next to the new Highers Athletic and football training center. Kinda sucks to practice at one location and have to drive halfway across the city to the stadium. Those are some of the reasons.

I'm pretty sure I've never heard anyone suggest it's going to "magically" make us better except to the extent that recruits are bound to like it better than FCS.

vCash

1. I like the pit for students (Bear Pit?). You usually only see that in basketball arenas.
    2. Other than the fact that it looks like a toilet seat from space, it looks very nice. Congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I may be wrong but it seems as if we may have gone for a fake PAT once since I've been at Baylor. Although I may have just been drunk and playing Xbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Back off of Bob (Barry, Sr.). He's drank more beer, pissed more blood and banged more quiff than all of you numnut's put together.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Damn! That's a pretty impressive stadium there, Sic 'em.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

That stadium is full because it's the 4th of July and they are all there to watch the fireworks.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 prrriiide's Avatar
    vCash

I assume the baseball, softball, and tennis teams will also get a new facilities, or do they all get to EABOD? And you can say many things about the Brazos. Blue ain't one of 'em. But yeah, they need new digs. I mean, I'd be absolutely mortified if my team had to travel 3 miles to play in their home stadium.

EDIT...ahhh. Now I see. It's on the NORTH side of the river. So the other teams are safe from the juggernaut for now. So basically, they have to drain and fill in the swamp where they want the stadium. Take your skeeter repellent to Waco from now on...
    Last edited by prrriiide; 3/13/2012 at 08:28 PM.
    In wine there is wisdom. In beer there is strength. In water there is bacteria.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Seamus's Avatar
    vCash

LOL.

Baylor.
    8timechamps: The thought crossed my mind too. But, I'm too lazy to go back and reference every play from all the games. So, I'm just going to say "I agree", and if you're wrong, then let me be the first to call you a moron.

KantoSooner: More of this crap from the nanny generation. Wearing a Michigan shirt should earn you disdain or a beating on the playground, not administrative action. It's no wonder the youth of today are all pussies.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 En_Fuego's Avatar
    vCash

Very nice looking !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by prrriiide View Post
    I assume the baseball, softball, and tennis teams will also get a new facilities,
    Nope. The baseball, softball, and tennis stadiums are EXTREMELY nice and situated along the athletic riverfront in the same location as the new stadium. The tennis stadium in particular is one of the nicest in the nation.
    Blue ain't one of 'em. But yeah, they need new digs. I mean, I'd be absolutely mortified if my team had to travel 3 miles to play in their home stadium.
    Aye. The Brazos is a brown muddy disaster, but maybe we can get a good deal on a bajillion urinal cakes for gameday.

Here is Baylor Ballpark (Baseball)
    [img][/img]

Here is Getterman Stadium (Softball)

Hurd Tennis Facility (Tennis)

These facilities along with the Ferrell Center (Basketball), Betty-Lou Mays Field (Soccer), and the Simpson Athletic Center (All sports + football practice fields both indoor/outdoor) are all located on the south side of the Brazos river. The new stadium will be on the north side of the river immediately across from these facilities and Baylor Law School.

The equestrian center, track center, and golf course are all located elsewhere around Waco.

Getting it done
    vCash

Good looking stadium. That is it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by prrriiide View Post
    EDIT...ahhh. Now I see. It's on the NORTH side of the river. So the other teams are safe from the juggernaut for now. So basically, they have to drain and fill in the swamp where they want the stadium. Take your skeeter repellent to Waco from now on...
    I see what you're saying now about the other facilities. I didn't get that you thought they were on the south side.

Yeah, there are apartments sitting right in the middle of that site that will have to be brought down. The rest of that area is a swampy bog that will have to be drained. People have reported engineers out there the last few months dong tests and what not.

I assume that the draining of the swam is feasible.