Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

What seed with the OU women receive?

Selection Monday (not to be confused with Selection Sunday) is when the womens tourney bracket gets revealed. What seed with the women receive when the inevitable get an at-large bid?

You have till 5 p.m. tonight to vBet!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 nighttrain12's Avatar
    vCash

Re: What seed with the OU women receive?

I don't know much about women's basketball but why is everyone picking OU as a 5, 6, 7, or 8 seed? They didn't get 1 single vote in the last Top 25 which makes me think their strength of schedule is not very good.
    BOOMER ......... SOONER!
    AGGIES ......... SUCK!
    ... and the home, of the, SOONERS!
    THUNDER THE F&*K UP!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: What seed with the OU women receive?

Quote Originally Posted by nighttrain12 View Post
    I don't know much about women's basketball but why is everyone picking OU as a 5, 6, 7, or 8 seed? They didn't get 1 single vote in the last Top 25 which makes me think their strength of schedule is not very good.
    I really think that OU is on one side or the other of an 8 or 9 seed, but not sure which.

In our only recent Sherri down-year, we were an 8-seed in 2005. We went out in the first round

So, there are a few factors that could lead us to a 8 (or higher) seed, including being second in the Big 12 regular season (tied, actually), having some quality top 25 wins (including over Texas A&M, which came somewhat close to beating undefeated Baylor) and reputation (Sherri = well respected, as is the OU program).

There are also the factors you mentioned, such as not being in the final top 25 poll, not having a lot of quality wins, etc. that could lead OU to a 9-or-lower seed.

About the only given is that we're going. No way they leave the second-best (tied) Big 12 team outta the tourney.