What happened to Chuck Kelly?

It's awfully hard to listen to OU baseball games this year.

Re: What happened to Chuck Kelly?

Was thinking the same thing.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Toby will be on starting with the Texas series next week. That'll make things more palatable than they currently are.

vCash

Toby will definitely be better than what we've had. Home broadcasts should be good, however, Craig Moran on the road broadcasts is absolutely brutal. He is supposed to be providing color analysis! Ross does a good job and gives good insight and is dynamic. Craig is monotone and provides virtually nothing to the point he almost takes away from the broadcast. It's a travesty that they went that direction.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

The only thing worse that Moran's "color commentary" is his ability to keep a box score. I love pulling up a box score after a game and realizing I must have absolutely hallucinated certain players coming in as defensive replacements and such. Silly me.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TumbleweedDoom View Post
    The only thing worse that Moran's "color commentary" is his ability to keep a box score. I love pulling up a box score after a game and realizing I must have absolutely hallucinated certain players coming in as defensive replacements and such. Silly me.
    I hate to disagree with ya Doom, but his color commentary is at very least equally as bad as his ability to keep a box score.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

This is a definitely a "disagreement" where we actually both agree on the bigger picture, me thinks!

I think with all the efforts to improve the program with facilities the admin really dropped the ball this one. No offense to the guys doing it now but they aren't baseball radio guys much less Chuck Kelly. I'm a tad concerned with just how much I'm going to be able to stomach this weekend. I've had to miss the last few weekends because of my work with high school basketball. After the comments being made about the road radio I'm going to hope for a feed from Oregon.

Latest news on Chuck Kelly.

While all my Longhorn friends were calling me last night to harass me once again about how a SG coached Sooner team has never won a series against UT, I heard another surprise. They remarked about being impressed by play-by-play announcer C. Kelly who was hired by UT Admin. to announce the UT-OU game on 1300 The Zone. All I could do was shake my head and recalled how good our Sooner announcing team used to be...

Administrator
    vCash

Toby does fine. Whoever the monotone dillweed is who is attempting to do "color" needs to come down with a permanent case of laryngitis. I listened to the games this weekend against Tech, and it was so bad as to be distracting. blah blah blah in the exact same voice and tone - even when Toby would try and jazz it up a little. Dude is beyond terrible.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    Toby does fine. Whoever the monotone dillweed is who is attempting to do "color" needs to come down with a permanent case of laryngitis. I listened to the games this weekend against Tech, and it was so bad as to be distracting. blah blah blah in the exact same voice and tone - even when Toby would try and jazz it up a little. Dude is beyond terrible.
    Bob Barry is a legend! Wait, wut?