Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Demonstrators greet Santorum in OKC (video)

EDIT: NSFW, there's a s-word in it around the middle.
    Last edited by badger; 3/5/2012 at 01:26 PM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Demonstrators greet Santorum in OKC (video)

His bus passed us on 412 early Sunday afternoon

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Sure was a lot of intellect on display there...

vCash

Welcome to republican politics, I don’t care how many people I have to shout down and/or intimidate to exercise my freedom of speech. Compare this with how Kerry handled the flip flop pounders.

vCash

"Get your hate outta of my state".

LOL

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    "Get your hate outta of my state".

LOL
    Yeah... me posting that video is not an endorsement of crashing a candidate's rally or anything, I just thought the entire video was hilarious and thought you all, regardless of your political affiliation (or candidate support) would enjoy.

I especially like the part where the Santorum sign gets ripped to the point that it has no letters left on it, but the Santorum guy hold up the little ripped corner in the anti-Santorum guy's face anyway... and the anti guy makes a biting motion at it.

Politics is funny to be a neutral observer of

vCash

Wonder if anyone heard what Santorum was trying to say.....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Yeah... me posting that video is not an endorsement of crashing a candidate's rally or anything, I just thought the entire video was hilarious and thought you all, regardless of your political affiliation (or candidate support) would enjoy.

I especially like the part where the Santorum sign gets ripped to the point that it has no letters left on it, but the Santorum guy hold up the little ripped corner in the anti-Santorum guy's face anyway... and the anti guy makes a biting motion at it.

Politics is funny to be a neutral observer of
    Doesn't appear Santorum is very popular with the gays or some women's groups. Shocker!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ictsooner7 View Post
    Welcome to republican politics, I don’t care how many people I have to shout down and/or intimidate to exercise my freedom of speech. Compare this with how Kerry handled the flip flop pounders.
    Which one was you?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ictsooner7 View Post
    They were disrupting a planned rally and causing a physical confrontation. That skinny blonde haired guy who ripped the Romney sign should be charged for assault and battery. Neither side played it very well. The big failure here was in the fact that the person who allowed the event to be booked didn't have the foresight to have some security present.

vCash

So apparently someone tried to crash Rick's party in Broken Arrow (it's just outside of Tulsa) yesterday too:

vCash

Is ripping a political sign that's stuffed in your face, assault and battery?

Hey folks! Welcome to Freedom of Speech. If folks don't agree with you, they have the right to show up in public and let you know what they think.

Next time plan your rally in a place you can control the crowd? It's not like it hasn't been done before.

I don't get the Goons that tried to fight the crowd. You can't shut people up by wrapping your political banner around their mouth. It only makes it worse.

Hell just watching that, it sounded like Santorum was trying to out scream the crowd with an amplifier. Maybe he should have just turned up the volume. That will get folks to listen....lol

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

There's something about noisy demonstrators that 99% of the time says, "We're whiny losers!!" Even if I agree with their aims,* I don't really like to see people acting like angry 4-year-olds.

*Telling Santorum that he's an arrogant sanctimonious donkey's behind is a good aim.
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

vCash

The Goons sticking signs in their face made me feel the same way but I'm not sure that you have been paying attention TU. I mean....even if you don't like the tactics, it's what's been happening in Egypt, Liyba, Iran, Syria etc.

The way people are organizing these anti movements is incredible. They have showed that they can effectively changed the way the news is reported and how the masses have responded to things that outrage them.

We should probably take notice instead of what I've seen folks say about the 99 percenters and even the folks in this rally. The tactics work and whether you like them or not, people are using them more and more. Technology is changing the way we live.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 LiveLaughLove's Avatar
    vCash

It's typical. Go as a conservative speaker to any college campus and see if you actually get to speak to your constituents without being disrupted. Freedom of speech only goes as far as it agrees with these peoples politics. When it doesn't they simply want to shout you down and not allow you to voice your political beliefs.

Watch a pro-Israel speaker at a college. Some Hamas types will be there to disrupt and shout down. They don't believe in free speech. They only believe in their speech.

Just because the rally was in the open is no excuse for the disruption. ST are you saying that conservatives can only rally behind closed doors? The people with the signs (Goons? Seriously? exaggerate much do we?) would not have sought those people out to stick those signs in their faces had they been being peaceable and not trying to disrupt Santorum. The yeller's started it pure and simple, because they have no respect for other opinions, only their own. Shame on them.
    "We still find the greedy hand of government thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry, and grasping at the spoil of the multitude. Invention is continually exercised to furnish new pretenses for revenue and taxation. It watches prosperity as its prey and permits none to escape without a tribute."
    -- Thomas Paine

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLove View Post
    It's typical. Go as a conservative speaker to any college campus and see if you actually get to speak to your constituents without being disrupted. Freedom of speech only goes as far as it agrees with these peoples politics. When it doesn't they simply want to shout you down and not allow you to voice your political beliefs.

Watch a pro-Israel speaker at a college. Some Hamas types will be there to disrupt and shout down. They don't believe in free speech. They only believe in their speech.

Just because the rally was in the open is no excuse for the disruption. ST are you saying that conservatives can only rally behind closed doors? The people with the signs (Goons? Seriously? exaggerate much do we?) would not have sought those people out to stick those signs in their faces had they been being peaceable and not trying to disrupt Santorum. The yeller's started it pure and simple, because they have no respect for other opinions, only their own. Shame on them.
    Triple L, only thing here is you seem to paint ALL colleges as liberal, not just here but some other posts.
    Granted, many more are than aren't (nature of the beast?) but ORU, Bob Jones U. and Liberty all come
    to mind....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Triple L, only thing here is you seem to paint ALL colleges as liberal, not just here but some other posts.
    Granted, many more are than aren't (nature of the beast?) but ORU, Bob Jones U. and Liberty all come
    to mind....
    Well rock on, for every single Liberty there are 500+ liberal ones, so I don't feel that I am slighting anyone by making that blanket indictment. And that includes virtually every state university in every state. The ones you named are private schools. Name just one public university that is majority conservative in its teaching and students views. I don't think you can, but maybe.

Still, the deck is stacked very very heavily to the liberal world view. So my statement stands. And for sure the way I described they act stands. The scream intolerance while being the most intolerant, but that's always the way. Orwellian speak is alive and well in liberalism.

http://www.nationalreview.com/phi-be...-nathan-harden
    http://www.therightscoop.com/unhinge...t-at-uc-davis/
    http://www.imemc.org/article/60671
    http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/P...mo_code=9A41-1
    http://archive.frontpagemag.com/read...px?ARTID=28633

I could do this literally all night and not run out of examples of students stifling free speech. Those are the goons.
    "We still find the greedy hand of government thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry, and grasping at the spoil of the multitude. Invention is continually exercised to furnish new pretenses for revenue and taxation. It watches prosperity as its prey and permits none to escape without a tribute."
    -- Thomas Paine

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLove View Post
    Well rock on, for every single Liberty there are 500+ liberal ones, so I don't feel that I am slighting anyone by making that blanket indictment. And that includes virtually every state university in every state. The ones you named are private schools. Name just one public university that is majority conservative in its teaching and students views. I don't think you can, but maybe.

Still, the deck is stacked very very heavily to the liberal world view. So my statement stands. And for sure the way I described they act stands. The scream intolerance while being the most intolerant, but that's always the way. Orwellian speak is alive and well in liberalism.

http://www.nationalreview.com/phi-be...-nathan-harden
    http://www.therightscoop.com/unhinge...t-at-uc-davis/
    http://www.imemc.org/article/60671
    http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/P...mo_code=9A41-1
    http://archive.frontpagemag.com/read...px?ARTID=28633

I could do this literally all night and not run out of examples of students stifling free speech. Those are the goons.
    Only more proof for what it pretty obvious. Liberals are more educated. Mid-towner shared the stats with us in an earlier thread.
    "If you don't agree with gay marriage, blame the straight people. They are the ones that keep having gay babies."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Bias View Post
    Only more proof for what it pretty obvious. Liberals are more educated. Mid-towner shared the stats with us in an earlier thread.
    That's some of the funniest **** I've read in a while...hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Bias View Post
    If that makes you sleep better.

Of course, I've always held to "those that can, do. Those that can't, become has-been hippy college professors". But that's just me.
    -- Thomas Paine