Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonercruiser's Avatar
    vCash

Giant Turd Blocks Keystone Pipeline

How can there be too many children?
    That is like saying there are too many flowers.
    Mother Teresa

-------------------
    (Or, too many tax-payers!)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member XingTheRubicon's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Giant Turd Blocks Keystone Pipeline

Sometimes William Bandy says no.

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Keystone Oil Pipeline Seen Raising Gas Prices in Midwest: Energy

The purpose of the $7.6 billion Keystone is to move 830,000 barrels of oil a day from landlocked Alberta to the Texas Gulf Coast, obtaining new customers and a higher price for heavy Canadian crude, Canadian regulators said in a 2010 report. The oil sold for $23.38 less per barrel in 2011 compared with heavy grades of Mexican crude, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

“The Canadian plan was to use their market power to raise prices in the United States (UNG) and get more money from consumers,” Philip Verleger, founder of Colorado-based energy consulting firm PK Verleger LLC, said in an interview. Prices may gain 10 to 20 cents in central states, he said.

and again.........

Republicans including presidential candidates Santorum, Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich have criticized President Barack Obama’s Jan. 18 rejection of Keystone XL after Nebraskans raised concerns about the pipeline polluting their groundwater.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...st-energy.html

vCash

Not need for you to get "up to date", ict, huh?

2 months ago the Gov. of Nebraska held a public news conference saying that Nebraska has "resolved" their concers with TransCanada!
    But, I guess the news that you get didn't cover that.
    Mother Teresa

-------------------

vCash

Keystone Pipeline Could Bring Gas Prices Down For Oklahomans
    http://www.news9.com/story/17031604/...for-oklahomans

Keystone XL Project:
    The Truth Behind the Oil
    Pipeline Controversy

Oil & Energy Investor is a newsletter that delivers stock market news and investment advice from around the world directly to your inbox...

Oil company CEOs predict astronomical oil prices if it isn't built...

Environmentalists say it will poison the tap water of the entire Midwest...

And the Obama administration just wants to stuff the whole mess in the closet until after election season...

But Dr. Kent Moors can tell you what's really behind the Keystone XL pipeline controversy.

He would know...

He's the world's foremost expert on the global oil industry

Major energy firms and petro-finance companies in more than 25 countries have sought his expertise.

His deep understanding and comprehensive knowledge of the energy markets are sought after by high-ranking energy officials in the U.S., UK and Russia...

In other words, the "who's who" of global energy keeps him on 24/7 speed dial.

And in his latest report, Dr. Moors explains the Keystone XL Pipeline controversy clearly, concisely and without bias - taking on the vital questions no one else will answer, including:

•How the delays will impact oil (and gas) prices for regular Americans.

•Why Canadian oil sands are suddenly so important to our energy future.

•Where U.S. oil companies will look to make up the supply-side shortfall if the pipeline doesn't go in.

•Which companies (and their stock prices) will be hardest hit by the delay.

•And what happens if a reroute for the pipeline becomes inevitable.
    This new report by Dr. Moors is essential reading for understanding the Keystone XL pipeline from an "insider" perspective.
    http://oilandenergyinvestor.com/ppc/...FQ8yhwodfxIRBQ
    Mother Teresa

-------------------

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

I like that word 'could'.

I also like the words 'probably won't'.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
    Not need for you to get "up to date", ict, huh?

2 months ago the Gov. of Nebraska held a public news conference saying that Nebraska has "resolved" their concers with TransCanada!
    But, I guess the news that you get didn't cover that.
    NO you need to get up to date, it was Jan 24, not two months ago and the state route is STILL not appoved!!

Heineman Hopeful On Keystone

By GoJo Staff on February 29, 2012

(Lincoln, NE) – With congressional Republicans attempting to use the Keystone XL pipeline as a major issue against President Obama, Nebraska Governor Dave Heineman(R) prefers the gentle nudging approach and he hopes he is seeing some positive signs from the White House.

During a news conference call Wednesday morning, Heineman said the decision by TransCanada, the developer of the project, to go ahead and build the Oklahoma to Texas branch of the pipeline is “very positive news.”

The major hold up in final approval for the project right now is the absence of a final state approved route through Nebraska. Heineman says he is supportive of proposed legislation in his state that would allow Nebraska officials to work with the U.S. State Department simultaneously to streamline the approval process and get construction on the full pipeline going as soon as possible.

The Obama administration has consistently said final approval is not possible until after the 2012 election, because of the time required to review and approve a new route.

Heineman says he takes the decision to build a southern leg of the project as a sign that “TransCanada is going to build it (the pipeline) from border to border and then say, Mr. President, all you have to approve is this little piece” that goes over the border.

It’s a variation on a proposal Heineman himself made about a month ago – suggesting that the President give “conditional approval” to the project so that construction could begin at both ends and finish in Nebraska once final state level approval is secured.

Heineman noted that the president’s reaction to the TransCanada decision was “very positive…so I hope he’s getting to ‘yes.’”

Republicans in Washington meantime are trying to use the president’s refusal to grant approval to the project as a means to argue he is not doing enough on job creation, energy independence and in recents days – higher gas prices.

Several midwestern governors have joined Heineman in calling on the president to reconsider his current position.

Also Wednesday, Heineman announced he will traveling to China at the end of July for a trade mission.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    I like that word 'could'.

I also like the words 'probably won't'.

5-0
    Kinda like "HOPE" and then of course "Change"
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    vCash

If the pipeline causes gas prices to go up 10 cents here, it will still be better than the effect $6.00 gas on the coasts has on inflation. Costs of everything from produce to car parts would go up due to transport costs.

That gas spike thing is only a theory, anyway. The jobs, tax growth it would provide would grow the economy in the very places this phantom gas increase is supposed to happen.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

Gotta love the idiots that think Obama does no wrong....

Fact: The pipeline would have created thousands of jobs.
    Fact: The pipeline would have helped us control prices since Iran is making the world panic for oil.
    Fact: The pipeline would have been better for the US than Canada giving that oil to China!

But hey, at least Obama **********s got their wish!

Quote Originally Posted by bornnbredou View Post

and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

Skip Bayless, is that you?

vCash

BTW, glad I got the gas yesterday when I did. While I was pumping gas, they were upping the price (I was the last at the price it was set before).

Went from 3.49/gallon to 3.59/gallon.

I live 19 miles from one of the larger landbased refineries in the continental US...and our gas prices are sky rocketing?

It is time for the US to open their own lands and say **** everyone else!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Kinda like "HOPE" and then of course "Change"

Funny how the only ones talking about home and change now are the ones who voted for the losers.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

Can I show some love for President Obama for wanting a little better detailed plan? Please? Pretty please?

Can I not love that a pipeline project is still going through from Oklahoma to oil refineries in Houston? Is that not good news for us? I remember a month or so ago that KXII TV (Ardmore, Sherman, Denison) reported that land owners in Texas were pretty upset about the pipeline going through their property. Too bad. Too sad. And, let the Canadian freeze for all I care.
    Chuck's version of Christmas is the Anti-SicEm-
    SicEmBaylor

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 diverdog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU_Sooners75 View Post
    Gotta love the idiots that think Obama does no wrong....

Fact: The pipeline would have created thousands of jobs.
    Fact: The pipeline would have helped us control prices since Iran is making the world panic for oil.
    Fact: The pipeline would have been better for the US than Canada giving that oil to China!

But hey, at least Obama **********s got their wish!
    Your second sentence is not a fact. Not even close. Oil is traded on the world markets and whether that pipeline gets built or not it will not affect oil prices in the US. Secondly, the pipeline won't be close to being finished if Israel and Iran had go to war.

Your third sentence makes no sense whatsoever.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 diverdog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Bao View Post
    Can I show some love for President Obama for wanting a little better detailed plan? Please? Pretty please?

Can I not love that a pipeline project is still going through from Oklahoma to oil refineries in Houston? Is that not good news for us? I remember a month or so ago that KXII TV (Ardmore, Sherman, Denison) reported that land owners in Texas were pretty upset about the pipeline going through their property. Too bad. Too sad. And, let the Canadian freeze for all I care.
    I have read that they really do not need to run the pipeline to the coast that we already have the infrastructure in the mid-west. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

To be honest there is so much politics on both sides of this issue I am having a very hard time sorting out the facts. What you said about land owners being upset is very true.

vCash

I'd like to see a list of all the people whose backyards and living rooms will be displaced by the easements.

Shouldn't be more than a thousand or so.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diverdog View Post
    Your second sentence is not a fact. Not even close. Oil is traded on the world markets and whether that pipeline gets built or not it will not affect oil prices in the US. Secondly, the pipeline won't be close to being finished if Israel and Iran had go to war.

Your third sentence makes no sense whatsoever.
    And it would have helped the US...not anyone else, help control what we get.

Yes, it is a world market, but if you do not think the demand from the US helps lower it, then you are crazier than I thought.

If the demand from the US goes down because we would be getting some extra from Canada, the price of oil goes down!

Of course the 3rd doesn't make sense to you...you are a left wing lib...so what china does doesn't matter to you.

Didn't Canada and China just agree to a multi-billion or trillion dollar energy contract?

yep, they did. So yes, that oil they were going to sell to the US just went to China!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diverdog View Post
    I have read that they really do not need to run the pipeline to the coast that we already have the infrastructure in the mid-west. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

To be honest there is so much politics on both sides of this issue I am having a very hard time sorting out the facts. What you said about land owners being upset is very true.
    I do know from Cushing, OK south there is already infrastructure in place. Not sure if it would be what they would use for the Keyston pipeline though.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    I'd like to see a list of all the people whose backyards and living rooms will be displaced by the easements.

Shouldn't be more than a thousand or so.

5-0
    That's what I thought too. Yet, according to the local TV interviews, these land owners were pulling out all the stops. They're trying to get Native Americans involved in claiming that there are artifacts which haven't been fully excavated yet and the pipeline would destroy the reclamation of our distant heritage. Funny how that goes. What you got to trade for a few arrowheads?
    SicEmBaylor

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU_Sooners75 View Post
    I do know from Cushing, OK south there is already infrastructure in place. Not sure if it would be what they would use for the Keyston pipeline though.
    Good question. I don't know either. I also wouldn't be opposed to a second or third pipeline if it helps our state market more resources.
    SicEmBaylor