Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 AlboSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Christie mopping the floor with CNN's Piers Morgan

Chris Christie is on CNN right now, and making Piers Morgan look like a fool. Christie is a very sharp guy, and comes across as a little arrogant.

I know why people wanted him to run.

vCash

Re: Christie mopping the floor with CNN's Piers Morgan

Dude has game. I'm not sure he's able to walk without his legs starting a fire like rubbing two sticks together and I'm surprised Michelle Obama isn't targeting him as far as her new diet plan goes.

vCash

Look how happy everyone is when Chris says "Let's go to lunch! I'm buying!"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Christie says, "Shut up!"
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I just found it on youtube. It's four parts and I've just started watching it, so apologies if there's bad language or anything weird:

vCash

I just watched part one. It was more of an intro on his upbringing and if he'll run for prez or not blah blah blah zzzz.

Here's part two, which I'm listening to now:

vCash

Part two is a little bit of fun Democratic and teacher union bashing fun, and some religion fun, but still cordial.

Here's part three:

vCash

Here's part 4 where he talks to the family:

I really don't see this as a "mopping the floor" interview, but rather, Piers didn't get him to say anything that he hasn't already. It was kind of a humanizing interview for those that might think he's this evil fat ogre or crazy intimidating.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonercruiser's Avatar
    vCash

I keep looking for him in the "Big & Tall" sections at Dillards and Pennys.
    How can there be too many children?
    That is like saying there are too many flowers.
    Mother Teresa

-------------------
    (Or, too many tax-payers!)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 diverdog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post

I really don't see this as a "mopping the floor" interview, but rather, Piers didn't get him to say anything that he hasn't already. It was kind of a humanizing interview for those that might think he's this evil fat ogre or crazy intimidating.
    I agree. Where this mopping the floor came from is beyond me. Maybe it is because folks in the West are not use to the NJ style. I see it every day and it is what I am used to.

He would make a great candidate and I wish he would run.

On a side note his wife worked for Cantor Fitzgerald which was one of the great financial firms that was destroyed on 9/11.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 AlboSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diverdog View Post
    I agree. Where this mopping the floor came from is beyond me. Maybe it is because folks in the West are not use to the NJ style. I see it every day and it is what I am used to.

He would make a great candidate and I wish he would run.

On a side note his wife worked for Cantor Fitzgerald which was one of the great financial firms that was destroyed on 9/11.
    I used to live in New York, so I am familiar with the East Coast style. He mopped the floor because Morgan tried to get Christie to say something out of order, or controversial, and Christie would have none of it, and basically made Morgan look weak and biased. Morgan's nervous laughs were a clear indication of how bad he felt that he couldn't get anything out of Christie.
    The ultimate mopping, and I don't know how people don't get this, was when Morgan uttered one part of the gotcha-question "Do you think Warren..." and Christie stopped him "Don't even go there", Morgan's voice got really high pitched and protested, "You don't even know what I was going to ask," Christie answered "Yes I do, you were going to ask me if Warren Buffet needs as much help as poor people. It ridiculous that you could think that."

Morgan lets out a nervous laugh, and Christie continues on the attack, by not only mopping the floor with Morgan, but also by dusting the furniture with the Brit.

There is style, and there is mopping. This was the latter.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 diverdog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by AlboSooner View Post
    I used to live in New York, so I am familiar with the East Coast style. He mopped the floor because Morgan tried to get Christie to say something out of order, or controversial, and Christie would have none of it, and basically made Morgan look weak and biased. Morgan's nervous laughs were a clear indication of how bad he felt that he couldn't get anything out of Christie.
    The ultimate mopping, and I don't know how people don't get this, was when Morgan uttered one part of the gotcha-question "Do you think Warren..." and Christie stopped him "Don't even go there", Morgan's voice got really high pitched and protested, "You don't even know what I was going to ask," Christie answered "Yes I do, you were going to ask me if Warren Buffet needs as much help as poor people. It ridiculous that you could think that."

Morgan lets out a nervous laugh, and Christie continues on the attack, by not only mopping the floor with Morgan, but also by dusting the furniture with the Brit.

There is style, and there is mopping. This was the latter.
    Albo:

I didn't see it that way but that is one man's opinion. Christie definitely brought his A game. My wife met him in college and she thinks very highly of him. They are both UofD grads and Christie's wife was also a UD grad.

I could be wrong but I think if Santorium is the pick there will be a war at the convention and I would not be a bit surprised if Christie is drafted into running for POTUS.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 LiveLaughLove's Avatar
    vCash

I like Christie. He isn't even a Christian Conservative and I still like him. Wow, and I thought I was a flat earther and all. Guess I'm moving up to trilobite from amoeba level intelligence.
    "We still find the greedy hand of government thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry, and grasping at the spoil of the multitude. Invention is continually exercised to furnish new pretenses for revenue and taxation. It watches prosperity as its prey and permits none to escape without a tribute."
    -- Thomas Paine

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLove View Post
    I like Christie. He isn't even a Christian Conservative and I still like him. Wow, and I thought I was a flat earther and all. Guess I'm moving up to trilobite from amoeba level intelligence.
    I liked his answer on the gay marriage question. It acknowledged that his religion says one thing, but that he can still be Catholic and believe something else that isn't 100 percent according to his Christian denomination's teachings.

Quite frankly, we as a society have done a craptacular job of upholding the virtues of marriage thus far, so we probably don't deserve to withhold it from others who are consenting adults. Call it civil unions if you want, but just get it over with already and move onto more important debate topics... like the unemployment rate and stuff

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

I saw him on the big screen last year. I also like the cat played by Antonio Banderas.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    Look how happy everyone is when Chris says "Let's go to lunch! I'm buying!"

GOLD!