vCash

Liberal Stuff Howard Zinn and Noam Chomsky

Discuss.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 LiveLaughLove's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Howard Zinn and Noam Chomsky

A dead commie, and a not quite dead yet commie?

j/k

Not much to say on either of 'em. Chomsky is a dime a dozen 60's hippie turned college professor. Where have I heard that a few thousand times. People like him always fascinate me. They sound so smart until you parce what they actually say, and it's no different than any other utopian dreamer. It would be nice if it could really exist, but it never will.

Zinn, I don't know much about. He was either in the CPoA or was in groups associated. This makes him a hero to the left. Makes him not worth my time to me.
    "We still find the greedy hand of government thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry, and grasping at the spoil of the multitude. Invention is continually exercised to furnish new pretenses for revenue and taxation. It watches prosperity as its prey and permits none to escape without a tribute."
    -- Thomas Paine

vCash

Master debaters. LoL

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Chomsky at least is a perfect example of someone who is actually brilliant in his field...and doesn't know shiite about politics but gets treated with great deference because he has 'phd' after his name and has published books on unrelated topics.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown