Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member proud gonzo's Avatar
    vCash

Exclamation OPERA MAN IS DOING AN OPERA!

For all of you who have been asking when Will was going to perform somewhere, he's singing the title role in Mozart's Don Giovanni on March 1 and 3 at the University of Oklahoma in Reynolds Performing Arts Center. Tickets can be purchased at the Fine Arts Box Office, 11:30-5:30 M-F, (405)325-4101. Tickets are $17 for adults, $14 for seniors, $10 for students. There are other performances available, but Will's only singing on March 1st and 3rd. If you go the other days, you'll be pretty disappointed. Trust me.

Don Giovanni is basically Don Juan or Cassanova, so it's a pretty good story. And Will kicks ***.
    "I'm a mother****ing party all by myself."

vCash

Re: OPERA MAN IS DOING AN OPERA!

Seriously, *** is censored now? How lame is that ****.

vCash

Wish I lived closer Id like to try it out

Tell Him Good luck
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by proud gonzo View Post
    Seriously, *** is censored now? How lame is that ****.
    Bout as lame assed as the ****in smilies
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 nighttrain12's Avatar
    vCash

A$$ is NOT censored! When I saw the subject line was Opera Man, I thought it was about Adam Sandler.
    BOOMER ......... SOONER!
    AGGIES ......... SUCK!
    ... and the home, of the, SOONERS!
    THUNDER THE F&*K UP!

vCash

Yeahhh, that joke has long ago run its course.

vCash

Very cool PG. Tell him me and the Mrs. said to break a leg.

Also....if we come.....do we throw roses at his feet or those little tiny airline liquor bottles after his Applause?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

Thanks PG for the heads up. I have never seen an opera and I really want to hear Will sing.

Come on, Olevet, I know you want to go too! I'm sure that there will be an opera tailgate party, or, if not, we will arrange one. If you decide to go, I'll delay my return to Thailand from Feb 28 until after the March 3 performance. I mean how many times in a lifetime do you get a chance to hear opera sung by one of our own?

Ummm, PG, is there a dress code for an opera? Or, can we wear OU cap and gear that we wear to football games?
    Chuck's version of Christmas is the Anti-SicEm-
    SicEmBaylor

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Bao View Post
    Thanks PG for the heads up. I have never seen an opera and I really want to hear Will sing.

Come on, Olevet, I know you want to go too! I'm sure that there will be an opera tailgate party, or, if not, we will arrange one. If you decide to go, I'll delay my return to Thailand from Feb 28 until after the March 3 performance. I mean how many times in a lifetime do you get a chance to hear opera sung by one of our own?

Ummm, PG, is there a dress code for an opera? Or, can we wear OU cap and gear that we wear to football games?
    Chuck IF i go I aint a wearin No penguin suit thats fer sure

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    Very cool PG. Tell him me and the Mrs. said to break a leg.

Also....if we come.....do we throw roses at his feet or those little tiny airline liquor bottles after his Applause?
    Haha--I don't know that bottles of booze thrown on stage would really have a great outcome, but I'm sure they would not be rejected afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Bao View Post

There's not particularly a dress code. Because it's on campus, a lot of students come to these, so you can get away with being fairly casual in terms of opera attire. Some students will wear jeans and t-shirts, undoubtedly, but they'll be underdressed. There also, assuredly, will be some blue-haireds from the opera guild wearing tuxedos and evening gowns, and they'll look out of place. Most people will be somewhere in the middle--slacks or khakis and a nice shirt and (jacket and/or tie optional) for the guys; cocktail dress or nice blouse and skirt/slacks for the ladies.

vCash

PG thinkin about meetin up with George and showing up.
    Email the particulars.
    Plus Ima be wearin just about the same thing Id wear to a Tail Gate Plus if I show they prolly be a bottle of sumpun fer yall

Administrator
    vCash

It's funny, *** is censored, but dumbass, stupidass, fatass, lardass, etc. aren't. Heh.

Anyhow, I'm thinking a tailgate? What time does the dealio start on Saturday the 3rd?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    It's funny, *** is censored, but dumbass, stupidass, fatass, lardass, etc. aren't. Heh.

Anyhow, I'm thinking a tailgate? What time does the dealio start on Saturday the 3rd?
    Sounds like a Plan

vCash

Both performances are at 8 p.m. (Opera man most likely won't be able to come to a pre-opera tailgate, because he'll be warming up, getting into costume, etc.)

vCash

How long they last?

vCash

Will says the opera is about 2 hours long, no longer than two and a half. (Don Giovanni is usually a pretty long opera, I think, but they've made a lot of cuts.)

vCash

Ima thinkin about making that long assed trip up there
    Not sure yet tho

vCash

Do it!

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by proud gonzo View Post
    Do it!
    Damn right. For the mother****ing culture of it all.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Tulsa_Fireman's Avatar
    vCash

Took my beautiful bride to Don Giovanni here at the Tulsa PAC and it was great. I ain't no opera guy but had an absolute blast and laughed through most of it.

Besides, you heathens need some culture.
    People don't know what it is to be a champion.

Oklahoma INVENTED it.