Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Conservative Stuff The Race to 1144

Now, this is where the Gingrich who stole Christmas comes to play hardball.

OK Oklahomans. Shall we give our fair state to the Newt?

It's possibly our time to be a Playa.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Re: The Race to 1144

I would think Newt would take Oklahoma pretty handily.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

There might have been a time for Newt, but that is long gone IMO.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member XingTheRubicon's Avatar
    vCash

Again, Romney will defeat Obama by a comfortable margin. Newt has no chance with moderates and women, so the general vs Newt would be a dogfight. Whether it's good news or not...Romney is the next POTUS, it just hasn't happened yet. Some of you guys might want to hoard up your food stamps.

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by XingTheRubicon View Post
    Again, Romney will defeat Obama by a comfortable margin. Newt has no chance with moderates and women, so the general vs Newt would be a dogfight. Whether it's good news or not...Romney is the next POTUS, it just hasn't happened yet. Some of you guys might want to hoard up your food stamps.
    Doubtful.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Not really.

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

vCash

Not really.
    Only two major polls give Romney an edge over Obama in the general election. 7 show Obama winning and several show a tie.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...andidates.html

Regardless, your claim that "Romney will defeat Obama by a comfortable margin" is sheer folly. Neither candidate would win "by a comfortable margin." It will be close and either man would win a tight race, not a landslide.

Again, I say your claim is doubtful.

And I have facts to back up that assessment.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 LiveLaughLove's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerPride View Post
    Only two major polls give Romney an edge over Obama in the general election. 7 show Obama winning and several show a tie.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...andidates.html

Regardless, your claim that "Romney will defeat Obama by a comfortable margin" is sheer folly. Neither candidate would win "by a comfortable margin." It will be close and either man would win a tight race, not a landslide.

Again, I say your claim is doubtful.

And I have facts to back up that assessment.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams.
    After the beating the Republicans have given each other, and the fact that Obama has been basically untouched throughout, I find it encouraging that any polls show Romney ahead of him at all.

Obama said himself if he didn't turn things around he would be a one term president. For once, I agree with him. Amateur hour is almost over.
    "We still find the greedy hand of government thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry, and grasping at the spoil of the multitude. Invention is continually exercised to furnish new pretenses for revenue and taxation. It watches prosperity as its prey and permits none to escape without a tribute."
    -- Thomas Paine

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLove View Post
    After the beating the Republicans have given each other, and the fact that Obama has been basically untouched throughout, I find it encouraging that any polls show Romney ahead of him at all.

Obama said himself if he didn't turn things around he would be a one term president. For once, I agree with him. Amateur hour is almost over.
    Again, facts aren't helping your cause.

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...a-romney-jobs/

Sorry, but as much as you'd like to believe things aren't getting "turned around," the facts are that the economy and the unemployment situation is indeed on the mend. I'd trust a Nobel laureate economist.

Amateur hour may indeed be over. But President Obama had a a lot of cleaning up to do after the clown show that preceded him.
    Last edited by SoonerPride; 2/1/2012 at 10:54 AM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 LiveLaughLove's Avatar
    vCash

Again, facts aren't helping your cause.

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...a-romney-jobs/

Sorry, but as much as you'd like to believe things aren't getting "turned around," the facts are that the economy and the unemployment situation is indeed on the mend. I'd trust a Nobel laureate economist.

Amateur hour may indeed be over. But President Obama had a a lot of cleaning up to do after the clown show that preceded him.
    Sorry, but I dont find Paul Krugman or the NY Times to be arbiters of fairness in coverage. No offense but articles from him might as well come from DNC HQ.
    "We still find the greedy hand of government thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry, and grasping at the spoil of the multitude. Invention is continually exercised to furnish new pretenses for revenue and taxation. It watches prosperity as its prey and permits none to escape without a tribute."
    -- Thomas Paine

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ton Loc's Avatar
    vCash

If Romney beats Obama it will be by an *** puckering amount. When it is Obama vs Romney the people that voted for Obama will remember why they voted for him in the first place.

I could care less, whoever wins will have their work cut out for them.
    It takes one to know one, and I know you don't know a damn thing.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ton Loc View Post
    If Romney beats Obama it will be by an *** puckering amount. When it is Obama vs Romney the people that voted for Obama will remember why they voted for him in the first place.

I could care less, whoever wins will have their work cut out for them.
    What were those reasons again?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
    What were those reasons again?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLove View Post
    Sorry, but I dont find Paul Krugman or the NY Times to be arbiters of fairness in coverage. No offense but articles from him might as well come from DNC HQ.
    Comfort yourself by attacking the messenger all you want. That is fine.

Again, facts are stubborn things.

The economy and unemployment situation is improving.

Is it enough to re-elect President Obama?

We shall see.

But neither the Democratic nor Republican candidate will win "comfortably."

vCash

He isn't running, yet again.

Surely there are tangible reasons.

vCash

Obama won by 7 points if I remember correctly over McCain.

Romney will win by no less than 5, probably closer to 10 in the general.

The American people hate Democrats AND Republicans right now, BUT when forced to choose, they're voting red. Back in the 2010 mid-terms (15 months ago) the food-stampers voted liberal and almost everyone else voted conservative. We're still at 2 million less net jobs since Jan '09 and gas is still climbing. The CBO's projection on the next 2 year's unemployment numbers are morbid at best. It's not an opinion; it's just what's going to happen.

"The only thing new in this world is the history you don't know." -H. S. Truman

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerTerry's Avatar
    vCash

Doubtful.
    Not really.

And this was when the debate really heated up... :0

sorry, my smart *** got away from me
    I fly fake airplanes

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
    He isn't running, yet again.

Surely there are tangible reasons.
    That is the tangible reason.

President Bush plunged the country into the worst economic downturn since the 1930s.

President Obama entered office with the hope of a better, brighter economic future.

Despite the recalcitrance of the obstructionists on the other side of the aisle, the ship of state has turned and is headed into more favorable waters.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerTerry's Avatar
    vCash

. But President Obama had a a lot of cleaning up to do after the clown show that preceded him.

So which is it, do you want to be all factual or all spitefull, passiony, and opinionated?

Oh and those Nobel laureate economist never have an agenda.
    I fly fake airplanes

vCash

Obama won by 7 points if I remember correctly over McCain.

Romney will win by no less than 5, probably closer to 10 in the general.

The American people hate Democrats AND Republicans right now, BUT when forced to choose, they're voting red. Back in the 2010 mid-terms (15 months ago) the food-stampers voted liberal and almost everyone else voted conservative. We're still at 2 million less net jobs since Jan '09 and gas is still climbing. The CBO's projection on the next 2 year's unemployment numbers are morbid at best. It's not an opinion; it's just what's going to happen.

"The only thing new in this world is the history you don't know." -H. S. Truman
    In case you hadn't noticed this isn't 2010.

And unfortunately it's not a generic option people will choose between. They won't just be voting "red."

If Mitt Romney is the Republican candidate it remains to be seen if he can motivate the base to turn out in large enough numbers to unseat President Obama. The far right's antipathy of Obama knows almost no limits, but will it trump their tepid response to Mitt Romney?

Without that fervent support he will most likely lose and in any case it will be close. Especially in the electoral college, where the real battle is anyway and not in the popular vote.

ahem, George W. Bush, cough.
    Last edited by SoonerPride; 2/1/2012 at 01:48 PM.