Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: More Landon Collins Mama Drama

Saban has won 3 national titles in less than a decade. That is, deservedly, what the record books reflect, not whether some opponent had to play a second teamer against him. He will likely win more titles before he is done. He may not be a good man, but he is one of the great coaches in NCAA history.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I agree Saban had some title game luck with QB injuries, but there was nothing tainted about this season's matchup. LSU was healthy and would have beaten any other team. So what if it was a rematch - it was a rematch for LSU too. Bama definitely was lucky to be there given the improbable OSU/ISU game, but something like that happens almost every year.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sabanball View Post
    Please do...I suffered through 10 yrs back in the 70-80's living in a small northeastern Oklahoma town that was dominated by OSU fans, and still to this day think they are one of the most obnoxious fanbases that I've EVER been around, and that's including our aggie school little brother down on the plains.
    You lived in a town dominated by OSU fans in the 70-80's? Man, I didn't really know OSU had fans until OU had its crappy 90s run.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MeMyself&Me View Post
    You lived in a town dominated by OSU fans in the 70-80's? Man, I didn't really know OSU had fans until OU had its crappy 90s run.
    Barry Sanders/Thurman Thomas/Mike Gundy is something most Pokes have to have framed and is in all the Tulsa sports bars that cater to pokes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MeMyself&Me View Post
    Absolutely true. Not one peep out of any of them until 12-0.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Man, it's almost like they hired his dad to drive the team bus, or named his dad Director of Basketball Operations.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I agree Saban had some title game luck with QB injuries, but there was nothing tainted about this season's matchup. LSU was healthy and would have beaten any other team. So what if it was a rematch - it was a rematch for LSU too. Bama definitely was lucky to be there given the improbable OSU/ISU game, but something like that happens almost every year.
    The way LSU played in the title game, I think little brother would have creamed them. Even the tiger players wonder what happened.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sooner View Post
    Man, it's almost like they hired his dad to drive the team bus, or named his dad Director of Basketball Operations.
    LOL. Well played sir.

None of my children ever entertained the idea of going to any other college but OU. Two out of 3 were recruited athletes. That being said, she needs keep her family school decision drama behind closed doors, and realize that this is his life and his decision to make.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
    None of my children ever entertained the idea of going to any other college but OU. Two out of 3 were recruited athletes. That being said, she needs keep her family school decision drama behind closed doors, and realize that this is his life and his decision to make.
    If either of my boys were to decide to go to Texas over OU (I can only hope they have those kinds of options), I would try to convince them to go to OU, but in the event they still wanted to go to Texas, I'd become the biggest whorn fan in the country for four years.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    If either of my boys were to decide to go to Texas over OU (I can only hope they have those kinds of options), I would try to convince them to go to OU, but in the event they still wanted to go to Texas, I'd become the biggest whorn fan in the country for four years.
    You don't need to cheer their redshirt year or the years they play special teams, or the years Mack third strings them in favor of the five-star kid he promised playing time to.

See? Like that four turns into zero

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    You don't need to cheer their redshirt year or the years they play special teams, or the years Mack third strings them in favor of the five-star kid he promised playing time to.

See? Like that four turns into zero
    I suppose that's true. And if they go to Bama or LSU, I won't have to cheer their greyshirt year(s) either.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 TXBOOMER's Avatar
    vCash

LOL Herr! That is a literal snake pit. She will see a lot of snakes working around the football program.
    BOOMER SOONER!