Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Crimsontothecore's Avatar
    vCash

Sports Animal Thunder talk

Can someone tell me if other NBA cities discuss their team on sports talk radio as much as the Animal does? I understand it's the only pro franchise here and all, but it just seems they over analyze and discuss players and teams stats and trends ad nauseam. Pre-game shows start hours before tip-off and Craig Humphrey's goes on and on and on with the same stuff he said yesterday before the previous game. They go off on speculation tangents about how players could be used differently and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah for what seems like an eternity.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerTerry's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Sports Animal Thunder talk

Like football only rounder..
    I fly fake airplanes

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonerloyal's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsontothecore View Post
    They go off on speculation tangents...and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah for what seems like an eternity.

Textbook definition of the SA, right there in a nutshell.
    "I thought the only way we could beat Bama is if they came in unmotivated like we did against Boise. Bama wasn't caught off guard, OU didn't use cheap-*** trickeration...for 60 minutes we punched them in the face and they went down." - SoonernAR

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    - Hubert H. Humphrey

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerNate's Avatar
    vCash

Can someone tell me if other NBA cities discuss their team on sports talk radio as much as the Animal does? I understand it's the only pro franchise here and all, but it just seems they over analyze and discuss players and teams stats and trends ad nauseam. Pre-game shows start hours before tip-off and Craig Humphrey's goes on and on and on with the same stuff he said yesterday before the previous game. They go off on speculation tangents about how players could be used differently and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah for what seems like an eternity.
    They do with the Heat down here, yes.

It's part of being a pro sports town.
    twitter: @ palmbeachsooner

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Another good reason NOT to listen to SA.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Lott's Bandana's Avatar
    vCash

KHTK 1140AM The Fan, in Sacramento is worse...mainly because they have been doing it longer.

Both cities only have one professional sport. But Sacto doesn't have any significant college athletics to talk about during the off-season.

All Kings, all the time.

What an awesome start to the season! Why not talk about it?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I'm a Thunder fan except when they play my home team, the Sacramento Kings.

If we don't have a financing plan for a new arena in place by March 1, we'll lose the Kings -- a situation similar to Seattle's losing their team to OKC.

Last night's game against OKC was like a huge "seal the deal" feeling for Kings fans. We had a sellout crowd, on national TV, and beat the team with the best record in the NBA.

I honestly believe we will beat the deadline and get a new arena.

City-owned parking garages, parking meters, and a few other things that are government owned and controlled with be privatized to help fund the new arena. A libertarian couldn't be prouder.
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I'm wondering if this is a serious question. Be glad you don't live in Dallas with all the talk of the Cowboys and Rangers. IMHO, all the local sports stations talk about the Thunder the same amount. Yes Craig is going to talk almost exclusively about them since that's his "beat" now a days.

On a side note WTH do you want them to be talking about this time of year? No baseball or football going on. We have the best team in the NBA recordwise. Are you upset they don't cover OU Soccer?????

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jumperstop's Avatar
    vCash

I don't get it...So you don't want the SA to dicuss sports? Especially topics relevent to the people who would be listening? What would you suggest they be talking about instead? Espn has trouble filling 24 hours of sports without sounding like they are going on and on, what do you expect from a local sports radio station? A lot of times there probably isn't much new to talk about...Not defending the SA cause sometimes they suck, but if you don't like what they are talking about at the moment or feel they are going on and on about the Thunder then switch the station.