Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Oklahoma State is in trouble

Sam Mayes made the ridiculous comment last week on the radio lumping oSu in with the OU and Ohio State's of the world of elite college football. Things like this comes with the territory.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

you also said Ronnell wasnt playing this year
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11 View Post
    you also said Ronnell wasnt playing this year
    I said he was ruled ineligible and probably wouldnt play. A theme Ronnell enjoys apparently.

vCash

Is David the one who thought Jamelle #4 was from Kansas?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by oudavid1 View Post
    I said he was ruled ineligible and probably wouldnt play. A theme Ronnell enjoys apparently.
    So you're saying you were dead wrong.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooneredaco's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Sam Mayes made the ridiculous comment last week on the radio lumping oSu in with the OU and Ohio State's of the world of elite college football. Things like this comes with the territory.
    That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Even coming from Sam Mayes
    Originally Posted by CowboyMRW

"Just for the game today, I went down to the market and bought a new sheep. The owner said she was still a virgin, so I really hope we win today, so it's not just a waste of money"
    Posted from iOS app

Well, at least the guy has learned a lesson from USC/NCAA. Just refuse to talk about it.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Just curious if the resident poke here called the Ca$h Newton situation a "witch hunt" before Evans wrote any articles that would make him butt hurt.

Cuz calling that a witch hunt, is ridonkulous when EVERYONE knows that whole recruitment was dirty.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooneron View Post
    Just curious if the resident poke here called the Ca$h Newton situation a "witch hunt" before Evans wrote any articles that would make him butt hurt.

Cuz calling that a witch hunt, is ridonkulous when EVERYONE knows that whole recruitment was dirty.
    Kinda what I was thinking but the poke guy lives in Stillwater you know. His idea of getting out would be going to Guthrie.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Crimsontothecore's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyMRW View Post
    He wrote the the Jamarkus McFarland recruiting story.

He conducted a witch hunt on Cam last year.

He wrote a huge piece about how OSU sucks after the Texas game when we only won by 12 or so. It was an opinion piece that he cited as all facts. He told us our defense sucks and that Gundy is not a good coach. "Under the Gundy" is the article name.

These are the 3 that I remember most off the top of my head
    So..does it really matter if it's a witch hunt if the allegations are true?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerDood's Avatar
    vCash

You don't go from 100 years of sucking at football to great without some funny business being involved.
    Where can I get Boomer Sooner ringtone? TIA

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Sam Mayes (whoever that is) obviously doesn't know the difference between a "team" and a "program". It's people like him why I find it unfortunate that stupid people are also entitled to an opinion.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Before any n00bs think I'm a Poke fan... ITS A LOST WAGER

That being said, I can't understand the mindset of some of these booster types that think it's cool to hang out with college athletes and give them a $100 handshake here and there. If you're a fan of the program, the program is always going to choose NCAA compliance over you, and the end result is the players who you think are your "friends" are going to have to dissociate from you to keep playing college ball (which they will, because you likely only were buddy-buddy with the best ones, and the best ones have future pro ball career prospects to think about).

And... if rules don't matter to you, you're likely also doing some other rule breaking on the side, like, say, a Ponzi scheme, or point shaving, or worse, so athletes are probably leery of associating with you anyway... you're the guy the coaches warned them about in NCAA rule compliance training.

It's like the teen girl magazines always told readers that said they had a crush on the teacher --- don't get into a relationship with them, silly girl. You could cost someone you care about their job, or worse, get them in trouble with the law for having a relationship with an underage kid. And, it's just weird, man.

vCash

Sam Mayes (whoever that is) obviously doesn't know the difference between a "team" and a "program". It's people like him why I find it unfortunate that stupid people are also entitled to an opinion.

OSWho ex-footballer and huge Aggie homer on the Animal.....as bad as the round mound, Blobert Allen....

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyMRW View Post
    He told us our defense sucks and that Gundy is not a good coach.
    Mike Gundy is an excellent football coach and that was the case before this season ever started. With that said, Oklahoma St.'s defense does in fact suck and the numbers bare that out. And if you want to try to point to the outcome of the OU/OSU game regarding defense, a single game, against a team that struggled to put up 26 points the week before against Iowa St., that would really be showing your ignorance.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

I kid you not. I got this from somebody inside the program that Gundy was going to suspendBlackmon and four others while some type investigation went on involving Improper benefits but t boone threatened Gundy with his job if he did

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OKLA21FAN's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by oumartin View Post
    I kid you not. I got this from somebody inside the program that Gundy was going to suspendBlackmon and four others while some type investigation went on involving Improper benefits but t boone threatened Gundy with his job if he did
    You were at 31 flavors last night too? I heard it is pretty serious.....
    “Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple.”

Sooner All-World
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OKLA21FAN View Post
    You were at 31 flavors last night too? I heard it is pretty serious.....
    No I got it from an osu grad and booster. He told me while bagging my groceries

Saving the World one Power plant at a Time
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooneron View Post

It's a witch hunt when you go as far as he did with it. Like I said, something could come of this and it would sadden me greatly, but knowing Evans wrote this article, I take it with a grain of salt.

And Auburn and Cam were clean according to the NCAA.
    OKLAHOMA STATE WRESTLING: 34 Team National Championships, 137 Individual National Champions, 48 Conference Championships, 435 All-Americans, 41 Olympians, NCAA Record 84 Straight Wins

OU FOOTBALL: 7 National Championships, 45 Conference Championships, 153 All-Americans, Zero Olympians, NCAA Record 47 Straight Wins

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU-HSV's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by oumartin View Post
    No I got it from an osu grad and booster. He told me while bagging my groceries
    He shoots.....he scores