Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

OSU now sucks at basketball

You know how people can say mean things about themselves and their state and their country because it's just like making fun of themselves so it doesn't hurt as badly as it coming from someone else?

Well, since I now have orange this and that and an OSU avatar, I am now free to say it: OSU now sucks at basketball.

The trouble started back in March, when like OU, the Pokes realized that they had to lower their expectations... or at least their ticket prices.

Link

But here we are, in basketball season, and even lower ticket prices can't get Pokes excited enough to return to GIA.

Link

The committment of LeBryan Nash had fans thinking that OSU would finally be "back"

And perhaps some late game heroics by LeBryan and Cezar had fans thinking that there was some type of Sooner Magic forces working for them also... including their late come-from-behind against TU:

Link

But they are now 6-4. Their problems are numerous aside from their mounting number of losses, including their icky shooting, their lack of quality point guard to lead an offense, their lack of chemistry... I'll just let someone else describe the issues:

Link

What's even funnier is that Travis Ford makes a comparable amount to Mike Gundy... and he made it back in figures released in December 2009, after his contract was renegotiated following a second-round tourney appearance:

Link

So the fans hate him now because he's underachieving and seemingly overpaid... and now the rumors of player dissatisfaction will start to get louder, like that sophomore guard's imminent transfer:

Link

There's really not much else to say I guess --- OSU now sucks at basketball.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Re: OSU now sucks at basketball

ford needs to add the customary uk player stache. it would carry over well at pickens u, what with the pistol pete stache, student mullets and the whatnot.

vCash

I just posted the vBookie event for this week (because I have to as part of my Poke bet loss) and saw who their next opponent is: It's Bammer. They just dropped outta the top 25, but I still expect OSU to lose easily, as it's on the road.

Another loss would make them... 6-5. Ouch.

Bammer is going to beat them like a drum.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by kbsooner21 View Post
    Bammer is going to beat them like a drum.
    I have no idea who they play next, but I know they have Va Tech on New Year's Eve because they're giving tickets away to that game just to make sure they have a big audience for national television... what would be more embarrassing, empty seats or losing at home on national TV

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    I have no idea who they play next, but I know they have Va Tech on New Year's Eve because they're giving tickets away to that game just to make sure they have a big audience for national television... what would be more embarrassing, empty seats or losing at home on national TV
    How about BOTH

vCash

I haven't done this in awhile, but this warrants it... a meltdown post!

That has nothing to do with Ford, that's just players being stupid. He benches them and the replacement comes in and does something even more stupid. Put the first guy back in and what do you get, something even more stupid than the first stupid that got him sent to the bench in the first place.
    is eddie too old to pull a bill snyder at kstate and come back to rebuild his alma mater
    And not a single Orange Power was had this day.
    S....U....C....K.....
    they are an average team at best, we looked like total dog crap against them.
    What a reversal of fortune, OU who I thought would be a joke again this season looks to be decent this year. Our team which I thought would be a 20 win team looks like possibly the worst OSU team I have seen since the 1970's.
    Every year it's always..."we got someone coming in next year that'll be great and just what we need to get over the hump."
    On a good note...John Smith has another great wrestling team that will compete for championships.
    I could care less about making the tourny at this point
    That young players crap is infuriating. We just got beat by a team whose leading scorer was out.
    I haven't read one single post in this thread but I can guarantee it has gone full retard.
    Every year with Ford - might as well be a year on self-imposed probation.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Was at that game tonight. Osu looked inept at best. We should beat them soundly in Norman and the game at GIA should be good.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Was at that game tonight. Osu looked inept at best. We should beat them soundly in Norman and the game at GIA should be good.
    Do share a scouting report. After watching everyone on the team get their chance to beat down South Carolina State, I tuned in to TCU nearly getting embarrassed by La Tech.

The moments I've caught of their games this year (are they trying to block out local TV a la football to get attendance up, hmmmm???), they really seem to be terrible at selecting good shots to take.

vCash

The fallout continues... maybe.

Linky

The Oklahoma State men's basketball program is losing its second point guard this month.

A source close to the program confirmed Monday night that junior point guard Reger Dowell is leaving the team.

Dowell started at point guard in OSU’s only game (a loss at Alabama) since sophomore point guard Fred Gulley left the team following a Dec. 17 game against New Mexico.
    Soooo... Keiton's a point guard, right?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Wow. At least our exodus in football occurred after the season.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon St Sooner View Post
    Wow. At least our exodus in football occurred after the season.
    The orangies have their own take on this --- apparently this was Ford's last remaining recruit of his first recruiting class:

OP.com meltdown in progress

Perhaps the schnazzy facilities bring the players in... but apparently not a lot is keeping them around:

1- A 6-5 start to the season
    2- A lack of butts in seats at GIA
    3- Footballfootballfootballfootball nom nom nom your fanbase doesn't like you
    4- Others are bolting or will soon (graduation, one-and-done, inevitable transfers)

Hate to see that for them

vCash

The suckiest part for them is they have a road game in Smoo (dallas) tomorrow night and just had this sprung on them (although I have a feeling that he had told his teammate buddies long before his coach that he was thinking of leaving).

The even suckier part is that they have a home game against a name opponent (Va Tech) later this week, while a majority of poke fans probably will be too wrapped up in OMG BCS BOWLIN to care.

vCash

I have a few more "OSU sucks" things to share with you as long as I'm still in avatar bet hell. Some insight into why the mass exodus is happening to Poke bball:

Linky

In a nutshell, Ford (they call him "Fraud" on OP.com, lol) went after the hardest to recruit position and ended up with a bunch of guys splitting time, getting injured and other reasons that they just weren't happy, so they're gone, bye bye. ESPN's resident Sooner basketball hater Dougie Doug was quoted as saying that 's only down years were when he didn't have a point guard... so beware the rest of the season, Pokes. Sports karma dictates that you basically gave up your precious basketball team to have one good football season.

As such, OP.com has now taken a turn for the interesting in naming their "Fraud" successor. Any guesses who? Hint: It's Kelvin.

Link

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUmillenium's Avatar
    vCash

OK, so maybe the world is not going to end in 2012. Finally some good news.
    Here lies Lester Moor
    4 slugs from a .44
    No Lester no more

That's no moon...

vCash

What? Travis Ford is doing great? ...PLL
    alumni.ou.edu

"....Spaulding get your foot off the boat!"

vCash

OSU LOSES TO SMU

THose are the words I would have been writing if SMU had actually did what it was supposed to at the end of regulation. Alas, double overtime later, OSU pulled it off against crappy SMU. Admittedly, the game was on the road.

vCash

OSU LOSES TO VIRGINIA TECH AT HOME TO 12,000+

No joke this time, for realz, man. That drops them to 7-6... which is good enough for a bowl, but bad enough to be since this is basketball and not football.

And... the hits keep coming for Travis "Fraud" (that's what OP likes to call him now). Just in this morning:

Link

Jean-Paul Olukemi, no I don't know much about him either except he's the guy whose name I can't pronounce on their team. Apparently, he's their starting forward and averaged just under 10 ppg and 5 rpg... and now he's out with an injury Jason White made famous... but again, this is basketball and not football, so there's no Heisman to look forward to here. Just another brick in the "OSU now sucks at basketball" wall.

Till next time... this has been "OSU now sucks at basketball"

vCash

I am so disappointed in last night's game that I'm going to take a page out of Poke's book... trashing the in-state guys to make myself feel better.

Q: What significance does the number 7 have?

You might think that the answer is "the number of national championships that OU has in football, take that Pokes!" but that's why I asksed the question in orange text, because the answer is orange-related.

A: It's how many basketball players on scholarship OSU has left.

link

Because most of you are here for football, no doubt by now you've seen the reports that OU is nearing a deal with Fox Sports to invade televisions across Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana and Texas, nyah nyah Longhorn Network.

Q: Why am I bringing that up now?

A: Because like most OSU basketball games, their soon-to-be-loss at home to hapless Texas Tech isn't on TV, not even here in Tulsa.

So please, relish your Fiesta Bowl victory, Pokes, because it's the last relishing you're going to do with any major sport (rasslin does not count and your baseball team sucks) for a very long time.

Nyah nyah.