Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

The decussification of the word suck....

When did this occur, 10-15 years ago ???

vCash

Re: The decussification of the word suck....

Huh?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

"suck" used to be a cuss word...but that has eroded over the years whereby "suck" is frequently used everywhere today...

vCash

Just like any word, the more they are used in common conversation the less shock value of the word.
    Take **** for example 40 years ago a man would moren likely get an asswhoopin if he used that word in front of wimmen er Kids, Now the wimmens and Kids use it regularly
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 En_Fuego's Avatar
    vCash
    Fornication Under Consent of the King
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by En_Fuego View Post
    Barry Switzer?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 En_Fuego's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by En_Fuego View Post
    Barry Switzer?
    Lol......

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I think everyone realized that saying "stinks" instead of "sucks" sounds really childish. It also doesn't help having ad campaigns like, "Quitting smoking sucks".
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I may be wrong but it seems as if we may have gone for a fake PAT once since I've been at Baylor. Although I may have just been drunk and playing Xbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Back off of Bob (Barry, Sr.). He's drank more beer, pissed more blood and banged more quiff than all of you numnut's put together.

vCash

I remember in grade school getting in 'timeout' for saying sucks~mid 90's. After about 3rd grade it was accepted more or less.

vCash

One of you older fellas maybe able to help me on this one. How long has the 'F' word been used and when did it become so popular? I heard ww2 is when it started picking up and the counter culture made it popular. Correct?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

During the first Earth Day my English Lit teacher (a young, wild chick, bout a 7, she gave 'shots' sitting on the edge of her desk) gave us a day off from class to make an Earth Day poster...A contest, it was! The entire school got to vote for their favorite

So we each teamed up with another classmate for the project...I was with this strange hippy chick...we made a psychedelic poster with a huge header...

POLLUTION SUCKS

Then written in small yellow print in the middle of a black splotch in the center of the poster was...

The Breath Out of You

Up on the school hallway walls all of the posters were placed...

We were a shoe in to win in a landslide...

Sadly our poster was banned from the competition and taken down...

To this day I cry myself to sleep thinking about my loss...

Administrator
    vCash

You're crying thinking about #7's coochie coo. Be honest.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    You're crying thinking about #7's coochie coo. Be honest.
    I cannot tell a lie...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    vCash

This issue has perplexed me, too.

My memory is that in the early 70s the word was only used to describe a certain kind of girl, and what she did. By the time I hit high school, late 70s, it was beginning to be used to describe other situations, but still retained its sexual connotation. Was definitely not something to be caught saying in class, etc.

The good ole days when it was still possible (for a boy) to end up on the wrong end of a paddle.

Administrator
    vCash

I was at church a few years back and the preacher used it a couple times in his sermon. Southern Baptist. If they'll say it, it's definitely decussified.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

I read in a book about the WW One genration that the f-word came intowider use in that especially nasty war, with words like un-f*cking-believable and in-f*cking-credible first appearing. I assume everyone knows that all the acronym etymologies of f*ck are totally bogus. (Consent of the King? Get the f*ck outtahere!)

Back in the late 60s & early 70s, suck usually was accompanied by a direct object, generally something phallic and repulsive like, "that sucks big green donkey schlongs." When the phallic object was dropped - out of mere laziness, one supposes, people gradually forgot, or pretended to forget, its roots in perverse fellatio. Now suck is more widely accepted, but only as long as nobody asks, "sucks what?"

Of course, other words are now widely accepted that used to not be, as$ being one that now appears fairly often, even in the sports pages, in the context of kicking it. D@mn, he11, and sh!t are evbidiently seen as relatively mild these days. Worst of all, imho, are f*cking and mother f*cker/ing. These words are used a conversational filler by the semi-literate classless class and are a sure sign to me that the speaker doesn't really have anything to say that's worth hearing. MF is especially gross and obscene, but it get tossed around like "uh" and "like" or even "guy." If you call some generic guy a MF'er, what's left as an insult?! The whole trend toward accepting profanity as commonplace sucks the sweaty testicles off Noah Webster's horse.
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TUSooner View Post
    I read in a book about the WW One genration that the f-word came intowider use in that especially nasty war, with words like un-f*cking-believable and in-f*cking-credible first appearing. I assume everyone knows that all the acronym etymologies of f*ck are totally bogus. (Consent of the King? Get the f*ck outtahere!)

Back in the late 60s & early 70s, suck usually was accompanied by a direct object, generally something phallic and repulsive like, "that sucks big green donkey schlongs." When the phallic object was dropped - out of mere laziness, one supposes, people gradually forgot, or pretended to forget, its roots in perverse fellatio. Now suck is more widely accepted, but only as long as nobody asks, "sucks what?"

Of course, other words are now widely accepted that used to not be, as$ being one that now appears fairly often, even in the sports pages, in the context of kicking it. D@mn, he11, and sh!t are evbidiently seen as relatively mild these days. Worst of all, imho, are f*cking and mother f*cker/ing. These words are used a conversational filler by the semi-literate classless class and are a sure sign to me that the speaker doesn't really have anything to say that's worth hearing. MF is especially gross and obscene, but it get tossed around like "uh" and "like" or even "guy." If you call some generic guy a MF'er, what's left as an insult?! The whole trend toward accepting profanity as commonplace sucks the sweaty testicles off Noah Webster's horse.
    What the f*ck you talkin about? You mother****ing cracker assed white boy.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TUSooner View Post
    If you call some generic guy a MF'er, what's left as an insult?!
    Aggy?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

When my kids were in elementary school, the really bad S-word that got students in trouble was "stupid."
    Ingles solamente (ˇno exepciones!)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SanJoaquinSooner View Post
    When my kids were in elementary school, the really bad S-word that got students in trouble was "stupid."

eso es estúpido

21. 12/18/2011, 11:42 AM