Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerMom2's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Hawkeyes will travel. Will the Sooners?

My brother and I were in Phoenix last year for the Fiesta Bowl and after sleeping on it we decided we will leave Denver where we are celebrating a 2nd Christmas with my two young granddaughters for Tempe. He will be coming up from Orlando as we head west once again. Hope it is warmer this time. Hope Denver gets no snow for Christmas so we can get there with no problem.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMom2 View Post
    My brother and I were in Phoenix last year for the Fiesta Bowl and after sleeping on it we decided we will leave Denver where we are celebrating a 2nd Christmas with my two young granddaughters for Tempe. He will be coming up from Orlando as we head west once again. Hope it is warmer this time. Hope Denver gets no snow for Christmas so we can get there with no problem.
    The (ultra) early forecast says a white Christmas, but don't sweat it, the airport rarely has issues with snow....they're built for it. The last time I had any issues was for the 07 Fiesta Bowl, as we had just gotten a big snow. I think my flight to Phoenix was about 20 minutes late leaving (and it was the first flight to AZ that day).

vCash

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonermagik View Post
    I couldn't agree more! Why would anyone want to go back to the desert, especially for a lower tiered bowl? This team has given up.. we saw that the other night. It's nothing but bad football, so why drive 1,000 miles to witness that?
    I suppose I can drive the 10 miles or so from my abode to Sun Devil stadium on the 30th of Dec. Wish it wasn't so effing late at night...
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Ironic that we whipped Texas and finished 9-3 vs their 7-5 yet they get to go to San Diego while we stuck with lower tier Arizona.
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SanJoaquinSooner View Post
    Ironic that we whipped Texas and finished 9-3 vs their 7-5 yet they get to go to San Diego while we stuck with lower tier Arizona.
    I wish the Big 12 Champion would go to the Holiday Bowl. Make it a BCS bowl instead of the Univ of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale AZ. Heck, change the name to Fiesta Bowl if need be.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

After reading all the replies to my post, I can only say that at least some are "fair weather" fans and some are still loyal.
    If the "fair weather" fans rule, then I can say with certainty that OU will not reach the 10 win mark, assuming fan support
    (or lack there of) means anything. Hawkeye fans will be rockin'....just sayin'.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    After reading all the replies to my post, I can only say that at least some are "fair weather" fans and some are still loyal.
    If the "fair weather" fans rule, then I can say with certainty that OU will not reach the 10 win mark, assuming fan support
    (or lack there of) means anything. Hawkeye fans will be rockin'....just sayin'.
    Fair weather fans? The current in vogue term is bandwagon fans, so get it right.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

[Excuuuuuse me, but you DID get my point....UOTE=Curly Bill;3420630]Fair weather fans? The current in vogue term is bandwagon fans, so get it right.[/QUOTE]

SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by trwxxa View Post
    OU and the Big XII take a bath on this one unless OU was able to negotiate a very low ticket guarantee.
    Yep, this could look bad.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Been twice. I dig the area, and I'd go, but time and money are 2 things I don't have much of this year.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I went last year and froze my azz off. I'm a season ticket holder and tired of watching this defense lay down and Landry **** down his pant leg. I went to the senior day game out of respect for the seniors. It was an ugly day and an ugly game. I've shown my support. I'm going to Dallas this year for the Armed Services Bowl. Cheaper and closer to home.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I live in Germany.

No way, no how I am making it to freaking AZ for a bowl game, or anything else.

Sad to see so many Sooners blowing off the game, but frankly, I can't see much reason for anybody to go.

"Fairweather, bandwagon" fans are not going to be very excited about playing a "meh" opponent in the Afterthought.com Bowl.

And die-hards are not going to be very excited about playing a "meh" opponent in the Afterthought.com Bowl, when they've already made three trips to PHX and can expect to make more in the future.

It is what it is. A mid-tier bowl. Some schools (like Iowa) are thrilled to play in those. Oklahoma is not. So be it.
    Nebraska and Oklahoma made up one of the greatest college football rivalries of all time. They played every year between 1928-97, and two times every four years since then. Their games in the Big Eight decided the conference championship 16 of 19 times between 1970-88. OU leads the series 44-38-3. --The Associated Press, December 1, 2010

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 TXBOOMER's Avatar
    vCash

I am not going this year. I'm just not going to eat those expenses for a spare game. I would have for the Fiesta.
    BOOMER SOONER!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Well if the TOTAL ..... DOMINANCE......HOUR is correct then we can expect about 3000 fans to show up.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 cccasooner2's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by trwxxa View Post
    OU and the Big XII take a bath on this one unless OU was able to negotiate a very low ticket guarantee.
    Rumor has it that Stoops and his staff are picking up the tab for the shortfall. They thought it was the least they could do for disappointing the fans.
    Mike Stoops: "F*ck me. " - Quoted during the FAMU game following the 1st quarter timeout for 12 men on field.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

"H*ll!" and "No!"

we won't go

"How did you find me?"

"I'm the man."

Thrill as Bob Stoops turns the knobs and adjusts the dials of his latest killing machine...

-Dr. Saturday

My family only budgets for BCS Bowls.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mississippi Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

I won't be going, but if someone could bring me back a corndog, that'd be great.

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Having OU to buy lots of tickets that can't be sold will say more to the admin than anything else anyone could think of. People will likely stay home this year.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.